It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arab Princesses Kicked Off Plane After Refusing Seat Assignments

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Personally I would be willing to move to help work things out, apparently other passengers didnt want to move which is thier right of course. It seems that most of the problem stems from the 2 males in the entourage not wanting to sit.

Of course this is a daily mail article which from what I understand is read only by hairdressers and clerks. I could be wrong of course .

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Large Johnson

Originally posted by djohnsto77
These stories are notable because they are not random occurrences, but
rather take place in context of emerging global patterns of Islamic peoples
trying to impose their religion, customs and societal beliefs on others.

[edit on 7/29/2007 by djohnsto77]

damn right!

So wait your telling me that these Islamic people are the only ones trying
to spread their ideologies to the rest of the world? May I remind that the
US is technically doing the same. Prime examples: Coca Cola, McDonalds,
Nike, WoT, oh oh and you know everyone wants to drive around in a big SUV
like all of those lucky Americans /Sarcasm Off.

Look Im not trying to condemn you nor do I agree with how these Princess
handled the situation. All Im saying is that you should look closer and compare
before you make such statements. Then you may see that we
are all more alike than we would like to admit.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Arabian princesses are 10 a penny.
They obviously weren't on the 'A' list..

I don't understand the big deal here.I changed seating numerous times to be accommodating while I was a guest in the Middle East but there is no reason to expect EVERYONE to be.

Do what the big leaguers do and get your own plane if you have a problem with public seating arrangements ladies.

Besides..it was a lot more fun sitting next to the EMIRATES air hostesses.. woot woot.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGENT_T

Besides..it was a lot more fun sitting next to the EMIRATES air hostesses.. woot woot.
/
Yeah some of those hostesses are HOT!

Anyway this seems like one of those incidents, where both sides may be the problem, even the press for making a big deal about it, I mean who cares?? Some women didnt want to take a seat? Whats that to us.

There are people dying everyday, children starving, diseases, and many things that I would really like to not think about. And the press wants to show us how arab girls wont take a seat, haha its so low its pathetic.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Arab or not, if you are in England, you have to play by the rules of England.

I do not see why we westerners have to succumb to every demand of people of other nations, but they do not do the same thing for us. It's not fair.

For example, my wife is expected to wear something on her hair when I visit an Arab country, but Arabs complain when they go in another country where women are free to wear anything they want.

Arabs have to learn the word 'democracy' before anything else.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by subz
Why pull punches? Why don't we have a war on extremist religion? Why should extreme Christianity and Zionists escape the wrath of the nouveau-righteous in the War on Terror? Why stop there, why not deem teaching about going to Hell to first graders as terrorism and then let all the accoutrements that go along with that buzz word fall at the feet of the Pope holed up in his Tora-Boraesque dwelling in Rome?

Why cant I declare a war on religion because I find every aspect of religion completely idiotic? Why can only the nouveau-righteous declare war on fundamental Islam? Where is the justice or even handedness of criticism? Oh but what about 9/11? Well, how many hundreds of thousands of people were killed by Christian missionaries over the ages?

I am SICK TO DEATH of hearing the one way criticism being hurled at Muslims for things that every other bloody religion do in the own perverted way! I can accept religion and allow it its place in the unenlightened mind but what I can't tolerate is one religion getting smashed in all forms of media by hypocritical cattle from other ranches! GIVE IT A REST!

Because, these days, Christians don't blow up planes. No matter how extreme.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by masterp
For example, my wife is expected to wear something on her hair when I visit an Arab country, but Arabs complain when they go in another country where women are free to wear anything they want.

Exactly. If we were to go to an Arabian country and they had a rule that you had to sit in a certain seat on the plane, we'd follow it, yes?
Because we respect that other places have their beliefs and rules and if we are a guest in their country we be polite and follow their rules.

So what gives them the right to get on a western airline and try to bend our rules to get a seat where they want. It's impolite and disrespectful. If they are on a British airline they play by British rules, princesses or not.

And I know people say "oh you're only having a go at them because they're arabic and muslim!" But this sort of religious rule-bending happens all the time in Britain, and guess what; it's not by Christians, Jews, Buddhists, Atheists, etc

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by masterp

You mean the same democracy that allows you to choose who you want to sit next to on an airplane? By the way, what were we complaining about?

[edit on 31-7-2007 by DJMessiah]

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Why can't everyone see what happened here????

Come on now, keep in mind this was more then likely not the first time he flew it is obvious what he tried to do and thankfully he did not get away with it.

this sheik or whatever he was just tried to push the envelope and in this case the pilot did just as he should have, only he should not have waited so long. It only takes five to ten minutes to tell them sit down or get off. The airline has rules and the pilot is in command; when on their planes you will follow their instructions them like it or not.

In addition, I know darn well if I were in his country on one of their airlines, I too would have to follow their rules like it or not.

[edit on 7/31/2007 by shots]

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkStormCrow
Lets see I am seated on an airplane flight next to 3 Moslem Women.
Now according to thier religious and or cultural belief they should not be sitting next to a male that is not a member of thier family. I think I could change seats with a female or child on the flight in order to be sensitive and polite. I find this no different than moving to a single seat on a bus so that a couple can sit down together or standing up on the bus to let someone elderly, handicapped. or female sit down.
Politeness goes a long way. Of course I am a old fashioned southern redneck so what do I know.

[edit on 7/30/2007 by DarkStormCrow]

Thank you. I was beginning to wonder if anyone was going to approach this as it should have been approached. Would it have been that difficult to do this?

Both sides of this incident made mountains out of molehills, IMNSHO. A sure sign of the coming demise of civilization, lack of common courtesy, and politeness.

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by subz
Why pull punches? Why don't we have a war on extremist religion? Why should extreme Christianity and Zionists escape the wrath of the nouveau-righteous in the War on Terror?

Sounds like a good plan to me although at the moment NZ society is fairly secular and democracy is still functioning well. Although one always remain of external and internal threats.
Any one who is fighting any form of extremist religion gets moral support from me.

Why cant I declare a war on religion because I find every aspect of religion completely idiotic?

Go for it you only need to be concerned if a threat cant be disposed by political means. The threat of Islamic extremism can not be dealt with in an political manner.

I am SICK TO DEATH of hearing the one way criticism being hurled at Muslims for things that every other bloody religion do in the own perverted way!

An awful lot of criticism of Muslims has been brought on by the actions of there own kind. Just look how some Muslims thanked France and Denmark for taking them on board.

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Quite frankly, I fail to see how this has ANYTHING to do with religion at all!

This has everything to do with social status, and their attempts to use it to their advantage.

What exactly has brought this religious conversation about? This has nothing to do with religion. Just status.

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah

You mean the same democracy that allows you to choose who you want to sit next to on an airplane?

You mean the one that says you have to choose your seating chart when you purchase your ticket?

By the way, what were we complaining about?

The fact that these people were too stupid to realize that, but expected everyone else to suffer due to their Lack of planning. If they didn't expect it, they would have either asked to be let off the plane right away, or accepted the result of their ignorance. They did niether and demanded other passengers move. Can you say "Sense of Entitlement"? I'm sure that doesn't translate to well here in the states.

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   
A pointless story from a pointless newspaper.

How this actually merits becoming a story worth printing is beyond me. I, for instance, abandoned the tube one morning since my face was too near the stinking armpit of some unsavory soap-dodger and there was no room anywhere else. STOP PRESS!!!! POMPOUS SNOB (POSSIBLY FOREIGN) STORMS OFF TUBE - UNWILLING TO SMELL THE MASCULINE MUSK OF A FINE WHITE MAN MOUNTAIN!!!

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by kleverone
You mean the one that says you have to choose your seating chart when you purchase your ticket?

And in that seating chart, can you look up the information of the person sitting next to you? Sex, age, martial status?

They did niether and demanded other passengers move. Can you say "Sense of Entitlement"? I'm sure that doesn't translate to well here in the states.

Good thing to see that people would rather avoid common courtesy and have the flight stall for hours, rather than do something simple as move one seat over to let someone else switch with their seat.

[edit on 1-8-2007 by DJMessiah]

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82
Of course, *sigh*, there was a need to make sure everyone knew they were Arab princesses, with the latest propaganda war on the subject. :shk:

The ARE Arab princesses and that is why the news said so.
If they were British princesses, the news would have said that too.
Same with Swedish princesses. Same with Japanese princesses.

The news isn't going to gloss over the ethnicity of the royalty who are demanding special treatment.

It is what it is. In this case ... Arab royalty.

When Prince Charles pulls 'better-than-everyone-else' type behavior
then we hear about that as well.

Originally posted by johnsky
This has everything to do with social status, and their attempts to use it to their advantage.

Exactly. Pretty
eh???

[edit on 8/2/2007 by FlyersFan]

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pjpuas
... spread their ideologies to the rest of the world? ... the US is technically doing the same. Prime examples: Coca Cola, McDonalds, ...

That's not even close to being the same. You quoted people out to make money in business. That's not 'spreading ideologies'. That may happen as a side effect, but the main reason for Coca Cola and McDonalds going worldwide is MONEY.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82
if two Valley Girls were whining about their seating and getting kicked off, it wouldn't make headlines

How about a minister's wife?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah
And in that seating chart, can you look up the information of the person sitting next to you? Sex, age, martial status?

No, but you can make sure you are sat between 2 people you know, they had an entourage, it could have been done. Problem solved.

Good thing to see that people would rather avoid common courtesy and have the flight stall for hours,

I know, how hard is it to take the time to fill out that little seat chart when you buy your ticket.

rather than do something simple as move one seat over to let someone else switch with their seat.

I'm sure it was just that simple
My 3 year old son would have made the flight a lot more unpleasent with his screams.

[edit on 2-8-2007 by kleverone]

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Think what mankind could accomplish if we would cooperated with one another?

Exactly what the gods don't want to happen.

Funny we like to seperate ourselves into sects, which is not good, since we the human race thrives on diversity, although it is the diversity that also keeps us warring with one another,

You would think we would be far more enlightened by now.

pressesc.com...

Researchers at McMaster University have found that plants get fiercely competitive when forced to share their pot with strangers of the same species, but they’re accommodating when potted with their siblings.

“The ability to recognize and favour kin is common in animals, but this is the first time it has been shown in plants” Susan Dudley, associate professor of biology at McMaster University in Hamilton, Canada, said. “When plants share their pots, they get competitive and start growing more roots, which allows them to grab water and mineral nutrients before their neighbours get them.

What are we a bunch of potted plants?

www.sciencedaily.com...

[edit on 2-8-2007 by Stormdancer777]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join