It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dead Birds Close Train Stations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Dead Birds Close Train Stations

www.examiner.com

Two Metro train stations were closed Sunday while hazardous materials crews investigated a number of dead birds and a substance that was eventually identified as a commercial rat poison.

The Greenbelt station on the Green Line in suburban Maryland and the Takoma Park station on the Red Line in the city were closed, said Cathy Asato, a spokeswoman for Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
crimeradius.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
(Breaking) Large Number Of Dead Birds Closes Downtown Austin, TX

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 07:01 PM
link   
The main point that I think should be recognized here is that commercially available rat poison closed two transit stations. So doing so is not something that is difficult to do. I am sure a law has been broken, but as to weather or not they will catch the people responsible is yet to be determined.

www.examiner.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 07:51 PM
link   
To add an element of conspiracy, how sure are we that this was the result of rat poison? Any reason to speculae a coverup? I have been reading over the past year or so of an increase in dead animals, mainly birds I think. This was all second hand knowledge, until recently, when I went to a beach I frequent (Dylan's Beach, CA), and saw (as others did) a ton of dead birds along the shore area.

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I don't really understand this story... doesn't their transportation authority use rat poison itself?

In the New York Subway system, I see signs all the time warning that areas have been treated with rat poison. Not that it helps that much, you still see rats scurrying around the tracks all the time...

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I live in a large city in the Midwest USA. A few years ago, any time you found a dead bird, you were to notify the local police and they would send in animal control for dead bird pickup. This sounds strange, but West Nile virus was very new to this area and that is how the authorities were following the progress across the country. By testing dead birds for the virus. (it is fatal in birds, humans just get sick with few deaths) It is now wide spread in part of the country and there have been several confirmed human cases so far this summer.

Just thought I help out the conspiracy crowd with something else to worry about.

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I work at a local power plant , and we have a line department that throws out a poison for pigeon control...

The thing that grabs me, is the "state of fear" that is continually displayed here in America. :shk:

Was it the local government that threw everyone into a tizzy? Or was it the passer byers that freaked out? The article never stated.

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Infoholic
I work at a local power plant , and we have a line department that throws out a poison for pigeon control...

Yikes. Who's on health control
No union? I imagine they disperse the poison relatively close to the power plant?..

Have you noticed dead pigeons around the plant?

How about an increase in other dead birds, rodents, co-workers, etc?

[edit on 29-7-2007 by Cloak and Dagger]

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cloak and Dagger

No union? I imagine they disperse the poison relatively close to the power plant?..

[edit on 29-7-2007 by Cloak and Dagger]

You don't make any sense. Would you rather have stray - overpopulated birds causing power outages that WILL KILL the very young and elderly?

What agenda are you trying to further?

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by forsakenwayfarer

You don't make any sense. Would you rather have stray - overpopulated birds causing power outages that WILL KILL the very young and elderly?

What agenda are you trying to further?

I wasn't trying to further any agenda.

I was simply concerned about them dispersing poison near a facility where people were working. I was also curious as to its affects on other animal populations. Nothing more, nothing less.

You are inferring too much from what little I said. So the confusion, my friend, goes both ways here.

Anyways, how does the overpopulation of birds kill young and elderly people. I'm not read on that.

[edit on 30-7-2007 by Cloak and Dagger]

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 04:05 AM
link   

To add an element of conspiracy, how sure are we that this was the result of rat poison?

Cloak
The article does say through tests it was discovered that it was the cause of rat poison. As for a cover up there is always reasons. Just did not see any sign of that in what was read.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 04:35 AM
link   

The thing that grabs me, is the "state of fear" that is continually displayed here in America. :shk:

Was it the local government that threw everyone into a tizzy? Or was it the passer byers that freaked out? The article never stated.

That's what gets me: There's this huge apparatus of government poised to shut down everything and go into crisis mode any time a dead bird (or electronic Cartoon Channel ad) is found. It's creepy and scary, actually. We've all been told to live in constant fear for six years now. Is it worth it?

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 04:35 AM
link   

That's what gets me: There's this huge apparatus of government poised to shut down everything and go into crisis mode any time a dead bird (or electronic Cartoon Channel ad) is found. It's creepy and scary, actually. We've all been told to live in constant fear for six years now. Is it worth it?

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Yes, the poison stays very close to the plant. As well, keep in mind it's a "controlled substance". It's not just thrown out with wild abandon. As well, we've never experience any glowing birds from this poison, either. Well, it's not like the plant is employed with infants. We don't need to have "Mother Hen" keeping her children out of said poisons. Yes, we are unionized.

Sure I have. If there weren't steps taken to curtail the pigeon population, we'd be overtaken by birds with ties to al Qaeda.

Before Homeland Insecurities took steps to ensure the safety of our workplace (
), several of us were utilized as "Pigeon Patrol", where we would actually use pellet guns to shoot the disease infested flying rats on night shifts and weekends.

There have been occasions where a few birds have been found. However, it's hard to tell if the poison ate their bodies up over night or if they just got too close to a wire that wasn't properly grounded.

Rodents?... Nope. There's been an increase in the rabbit population, though. I'm not certain, but I think the poison makes the rabbits fornicate more often.

Co-workers?... Unfortunately, no. But you know... that might help me get a promotion if no one else works there.

join