It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Battlefield 4

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Hello peeps, I usually only hang around in ATS but I'm bored so i thought i'd whack a thread up in BTS to get a bit of a lighter discussion then i'm used to.

Alright then. Battlefield, what an awesome series of games, I love BF2 and 2142 and have racked up quite a few hours on both but me and few of my friends recently were discussing what might be next in line for the franchise.......

I'm not talking about those lame console versions either, just the PC strand of it.

What do people think the next installment will be like?
When will it be set? 2342?
back to modern times but with fully destructable environments?
Will it have the jets in it which they managed to foolishly leave out of 2142?

what are your thoughts?

by the way my soldiers name in both is chonx, so feel free to add me to your buddy list and we can have a game sometime

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Please play Project reality its the best.

I was tired of Bf2v and decided to play a mod and trust me its way better.

It takes a little getting used to but if will add another couple of years to that disk,

Its awesome!!!

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Found this little article which may give a few hints at what the next PC battlefield game is likely to be. None of this is confirmed though....yet.

www.digitalbattle.com...

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
All this time and still not announced... well not officially anyway!

And now it seems the next Battlefield game (proper, not BF BC2 or 1943) Will be Battlefield 3 not 4... so I suppose 2142 didn't count? oh well, I'm still waiting and I hope DICE are still working on it because in my opinion, no other games come close (except for maybe L4D2) to the amount of fun to be had on the Battlefied.

For those who are interested:

enterbf3.com...

thanks

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I have to agree, I played BF2 on the -=RuleZ=- server. with private stats, and racked up just under 2000 hours of gameplay! The only other game that's come anywhere close to that many hours, and possibly even more, was Delta Force 2. That was the 1st ever game I had ever played online, and ended up addicted to it, literally! It was around 10 years ago now though, was only 13 - 14 at the time and it's unreal how much a game could take over your life and the problems it could cause.

These day's all I play on is PR (Project Reality). Like mentioned above, it takes a little getting used to from vanilla Battlefield and takes a bit more patience, but definitely worth it! It's like the updates EA forgot about!

new topics

top topics

join