It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World owes U.S. a debt, says Brown

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by nothingistrivial
The UK isnt a whole lot popular in Western Europe as far as i can see

Well, you should look harder....

So, why are we going to hold more meetings with the French and Germany regarding the EU then?

Why is we and France going to build joint aircraft carriers?

Why did the new President of France declare his admiration for the UK economy?

Western Europe was in love with Tony Blair because he was extremely pro-European.

Europe doesn't work when the UK doesn't play ball.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 05:46 AM
link   

I wouldnt get too worked up over it all, all it meens is basically that the UK wants to stay buddies with you folks in the US, as it has been extrememly close for many many decades now. Its an important relationship in terms of economics, intelligence, self defense and aggression.

Who was the first Leader, Brown visited, when he became P/M? Wa not Bush it was the President of France, if that does tell you something about the so called staying buddies with the US. While us the UK will still have close ties with the US. I can see more closer co-operation between Europe and the UK.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by estar
makes me feel sick, this what happens when a non-democatic presence gets electic to lead the country, i mean is he trying to provoke the british people by saying this? im sure stumason would live it up by loving the royalty in charge.

[edit on 29-7-2007 by estar]

Eh? What? Did I miss something?

But your right about Brown. If he calls a snap election in the Autumn to gain a democratic mandate, there is a chance he may lose Labour's majority, so hopefully any plans he has will be curtailed...

new topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join