It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State of Fear

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Every thing from oceanographic experiments, hypersonic cavitiation, man made Tsunamis and Eco terrorists causing global catastrophe.

Just finished reading this book, by Michael Crichton;

ISBN- 13: 978-0-06-101573-1
ISBN- 10: 0-06-101573-3

It is much like the Da vinci Code, as in that it's fiction, but "references to real people, institutions, and organizations" are real, and the plethora of footnotes are accurate. In othe words, this guy takes a buch of modern day scientific worries, and combines them into a movie worthy book. It is a great read, and any one who is into reading books, should check this out.
It is very entertaining, even if not entirely scientific to a "T", as it is fiction after all
Sources can be verified online, and it offers a whole new perspective on "Global Warming".
This post ties in with the "Severe Geomagnetic Storm Research Project", and other ATS related forum material.

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I read that book awhile ago.It is one of my favorites and will always have a permanent spot in my library. I would love to see this book as a movie if it was kept true to the book and not re-written much.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Hi All,

Well thanks Advisor!!! Here I was thinking I was getting all caught up on my reading list!!
Really though, thanks for the heads up on this one. I have heard his name mentioned a few times as being a good author, but had never gotten around to reading any of his books. Now I have one to hunt down.
Thanks again!

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Ive not read it, but it could possibly ruin the story by putting it in a movie. Anyone see TimeLine? It was another one of his books and it was really good but the movie was horribly IMO.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Timeline may not have been one of the best books gone movie. But Jurassic Park, Sphere and Congo are good examples of his work, conveted to movie well enough.

Those are of course ones I have seen, and know of at least.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Timeline, may not have been one of the best books gone movie. But Jurassic Park, Sphere and Congo are good examples of his work, converted to movie well enough.

Those are of course ones I have seen, and know of at least.

[edit on 30-7-2007 by ADVISOR]

top topics

join