It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fuse lit for the predicted "Train Wreck" of 2007

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 09:06 PM
link   
No. not word for word. But I will say that some women dress and present themselves in a manner that tells men that they want sex. If they are not trying to send that message, then why dress so provacatively when they know (as stupid as some women try to act to get attention) that men are looking at them in that light? When some men out there get that message (usually followed by flirting) and then when it comes down to that final hour and the woman says "let's just be friends" or "I don't like you in that way" or whatever it is they say.....some men get sexually frustrated at the level of testosterone and hope that the woman has led them to believe in and simply won't take no for an answer. That is almost like asking for it. Not word for word,......but if you don't want it, don't flaunt it, and give the men the wrong impression. i'm not saying the men are right for raping them,(that is always wrong), but I am saying the women are wrong for leading any man on and when the man comes along that won't say no.....well, as the saying goes....she asked for it. I understand someone women get raped and are totally innocent and did not provoke it in any way...im not talking about them, im talking about the ones who use sex to get what they want or easy money and find out, that the easy money is not always easy and not always free.

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR

Originally posted by Phenomium
then blame YOU (the man) for sexually harassing them when they wear clothes that beg men to stare and when they are raped

Sorry. I stopped reading here. You honestly beleive that women ask to be raped? :shk:

i agree whole-heartedly - ANYONE who thinks women asked to be raped doesnt really have a place on ATS in my opinion...

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 09:11 PM
link   
[edit on 29-7-2007 by srsen]

link   
but to be more on-topic...

i am no expert but feel that what has been put forward by Vet is obviously plausible and not unlikely in this day and age.

Ive been watching the Australian dollar value steadily rising and wondering why - its now at almost 89c against the USD - only a year or two ago it sat at under 50c. Now it is suggested that it will continue to rise until in about 12 months time they think it will be equal to the USD.

Vet, can you shed any light onto WHY this may be happening and what the repercussions could be?

EDIT: My apologies for the mistaken post above...

[edit on 29-7-2007 by srsen]

link   
read above message and be more observant next time.

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 09:13 PM
link   

You do know that the military reduction was started under George H. W. Bush and continued under Bill Clinton, right? Both Bush and Clinton cut roughly 400,000 military jobs each. You want to give blame, blame everyone involved, don't just pick and choose.

Just reading your post makes me disgusted, how could someone talk like that?

By the way, you were in the military, anyone with initiative would have found a job with your skills in leadership, management, communications and much more to keep your family going. You want to blame the President because your wife cheated? Are you kidding me, blame yourself. Blame yourself to not living up to your standards. No wonder you hate women. Plus, anyone willing to sell out America to tyrants and terrorist because they hate their (possible) leader, do not deserve to be an American, or called an American. It's treasonous, and someone with your military background should know that.

I just can't believe what I'm reading.

[edit on 29-7-2007 by MasterRegal]

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   

And who are your real economists?

And I never said I knew more than them....so dont be applying your impunity at me.

You know why they give Marines one more IQ point than horses? So they dont crap in the street when marching in parade formation.

I remember we used to have to go rescue lost marines all the time...cant read a map much less economic forecasts to save their lives.

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 09:17 PM
link   

On topic, the Nikkei seems to be modestly down right now, but it is no Black Monday.

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Fine, I hate both George H Bush and Clinton , how's that? I did find another job, but quite frankly I loved the one I had. As I have noticed you didn't read my message well, I said it was the "stress" that took my family out,....it was not so easy to find a job where I was and life is not always so black and white and perfect when it comes to finances. Not to mention, skills don't matter much when your wife takes everything you own and legally robs you blind in court because she took the car and you can't make it to the hearing because it's in a different state. Do you know how hard it is to find a job destitute, with no car and no home and all of your money was stolen from you by your wife to pay off her school loans? Didn't think so. As far as being treasonous? The way I see it the leader of the free world America (both presidents and all politicians) rob us daily through taxes and federal this and that and i don't give one damn about what country does it. I don't live under a banner of "I am American" and follow and listen to lies and do what i'm told just because thats what an American is supposed to do. I was born in America....but I was born ME! No country at all dictates what I say or do or think. I will say what I want and even if you don't like it............I believe that what America is really about is FREE SPEECH! Being able to say what I want regardless of who likes it or not. I question YOUR patriotism because you don't seem to know that. I was born in "a land" what land it is...I don't give a damn. I, run my life, not some patriotic propaganda designed to compare countries to determine which country is better than the other. The way I see it, I have paid America full and well for living there. I worked for what I ate, I paid for the roof over my head by hard work and everything I have owned I worked for it (essentially I helped build the country like everyone else) I pay for the right to say what I want and America quite frankly has done nothing but TAKE from me and make it harder for me to help build her. You make me sick as well you don't even know the rights of your own country,...you probably even support the Patriot Acts even though they rip our constitution apart, killing the rights you apparently know nothing about. Oh, and if you use the old cliche "if you don't like it here, then get out"? I already have. I lived there for 30 some years and where I live now is much better and more cost effective than the U.S. and I don't have to deal with blind "sheep" like you who believe everything they are told by their government even though it is obvious that you are being conditioned and lied to. What does America look like lately? How is the dollar holding up? Name some countries that still like us. Why don't they like us? oh yeah, the pride is just bubbling in my veins.

[edit on 29-7-2007 by Phenomium]

[edit on 29-7-2007 by Phenomium]

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 09:35 PM
link   
The U.S. dollar is doomed long term. The entire U.S. economy is a ponzi scheme. They keep it afloat by forcing oil producing countries to buy in dollars and to buy some US treasuries out of their profits. By creating an artificial demand for US debt, the US government can spend without any intention of paying off their huge deficits. But eventually, like all Ponzi schemes, it will fall apart. But that's exactly what they want, because then they can seize forclosed assets all over the country.

Iraq and Iran stopped playing the game. We fixed the Iraq 'problem', but eventually someone will panic and start selling their treasuries. China has decided to unload their trillion dollars worth of near worthless US treasuries. Once that happens it's just a matter of time before hyper inflation sets in. With the civil unrest they will have to declare martial law. It will problem culminate during Hitlery Clinton's presidency. She'll become the first empress of the U.S., or should I say first soviet style premier. She's basically a communist anyway.

This link talks about the petrodollar scam.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Fine, I hate both George H Bush and Clinton , how's that?

Just a few small comments, nothing big.

1. I respect free speech and support, but I think you missed the idea of my comment.
2. I support a few parts of the Patriot Act, but not the Military Commissions Act. This is coming from a Democrat.

[edit on 11-8-2007 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 10:09 PM
link   
1) I got your point just fine. You made it quite clear that if I don't agree with America or the presidents and "speak" my mind about it....i'm treasonous.
2) Read this and tell me if this is the Ideas and the laws that the President of the United States has implemented into the fabric of our country and its freedom paradigm, and furthermore ask yourself if I am still treasonous for not agreeing with it. After all this is the same country that I spoke of before. I love my country and how dare you question my loyalty just because I was in the military.....if anything, that should attest to how much I indeed, DO love my country,......but the country I grew up in is gone. No longer are we free, we are being arrested for everything under the sun and some of it is for things we say. We are being beat in the street by cops for protesting and they make those who disagree look like bad guys in the media and people like you who are afraid of truth and still have their head up their @ss thinking we are the same ol' America that we have always been are blind to the fact that our COUNTRY has been high-jacked. So before I show the text, rest assured, I love our country and would die for her,....but I don't have to like the leaders who were fortunate enough to be "silver-spoon" fed and to have our country to just be dropped in their laps as if it were a toy from daddy to destroy and play with it as they please. And yet, you still sit here blind as if nothings wrong. You can't cherry pick the patriot act either, the whole thing is a cancer to our country and you suppport it, maybe you're the traitor and just don't realize it because you are so brainwashed and can't use your own brain,..the gov't gives you all of your answers.

(here it is)
The Act may apply to U.S. citizens
The Act has also been denounced by critics who assert that its wording makes possible the permanent detention and torture (as defined by the Geneva Conventions) of anyone - including American citizens - based solely on the decision of the President.[20]

In the House debate, Representative David Wu of Oregon offered this scenario:

Let us say that my wife, who is here in the gallery with us tonight, a sixth generation Oregonian, is walking by the friendly, local military base and is picked up as an unlawful enemy combatant. What is her recourse? She says, I am a U.S. citizen. That is a jurisdictional fact under this statute, and she will not have recourse to the courts? She can take it to Donald Rumsfeld, but she cannot take it across the street to an article 3 court.[21]

One has described the Act as "the legalization of the José Padilla treatment" - referring to the American citizen who was declared an unlawful enemy combatant and then imprisoned for three years before finally being charged with a lesser crime than was originally alleged.[22] A legal brief filed on Padilla's behalf alleges that during this time he was subjected to sensory deprivation, sleep deprivation, and enforced stress positions.[23] He continues to be held by the United States.

According to Bill Goodman, Legal Director of the Center for Constitutional Rights, and Joanne Mariner, from FindLaw, this bill redefines unlawful enemy combatant in such a broad way that it refers to any person who is

engaged in hostilities or who has purposefully and materially supported hostilities against the United States.

This makes it possible for US citizens to be designated unlawful enemy combatant because

it could be read to include anyone who has donated money to a charity for orphans in Afghanistan that turns out to have some connection to the Taliban or a person organizing an anti-war protest in Washington, D.C.

As such habeas corpus may be denied to US citizens.[24] Jennifer Van Bergen, a journalist with a law degree, responds to the comment that habeas corpus has never been afforded to foreign combatants with the suggestion that, using the current sweeping definition of war on terror and unlawful combatant

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   
(continued)

refers to any person

who, before, on, or after the date of the enactment of the Military Commissions Act of 2006, has been determined to be an unlawful enemy combatant by a Combatant Status Review Tribunal or another competent tribunal established under the authority of the President or the Secretary of Defense.

Some commentators have interpreted this to mean that if the President says you are an enemy combatant, then you effectively are

.....So as a patriotic American, I should agree with this huh?

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I did a 4 year enlistment from 85-89 in the U.S. Army and i loved it, but in my recollections, i can recall early outs and all kinds of reductions in forces happening back then, also i served in support of a Pershing battery in Germany right before and after the INF treaty was signed I believe Reagan was responsible, major cutbacks were already in discussion then as well as base closing talks etc........I mean I hear this not so accurate statement all the time that Clinton was responsible for the weakening of the Armed Forces but thats not the truth, there was already ACTS and laws on the books that had to be followed through for anyone coming into office to put into motion long before Clinton was elected.
www.army.mil...

But to get back on topic, I believe that we are in for a rude awakening with the economy and the real hard times are coming, i heard someone post that economists aren't worried, i beg to differ because it depends on which economist you ask (watch some of the daily Wall street shows on the different networks that keep up with the markets) also more importantly than that is how true is the data that they are using, i think much of the economic data is flawed that is being reported, the real question should be is this data purposely flawed or are there other factors contributing to the confusion amongst the experts.

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 11:19 PM
link   

(continued)

refers to any person

who, before, on, or after the date of the enactment of the Military Commissions Act of 2006, has been determined to be an unlawful enemy combatant by a Combatant Status Review Tribunal or another competent tribunal established under the authority of the President or the Secretary of Defense.

Some commentators have interpreted this to mean that if the President says you are an enemy combatant, then you effectively are

.....So as a patriotic American, I should agree with this huh?

No, you missed my point again. My point being, you are willing to side with the terrorist, those who vow to destroy our way of life because of your dislike of a possible American President. You will only be treasonous once you commit the act of supporting the terrorist. Get my point?

As to your second point: I do not deny that the Act has a few pit falls, but as a whole, it is a very good Act. I have always supported efforts to limits certain provisions that the act provides to the President and the FBI. I do not argue that.

By the way, don’t think just because you were in the military I will give you props. I’ve met a lot of people in the military who were ass*****.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I don't know about the rest of you but my investments in the market have nearly doubled in the last 5 yrs., I think that has something to do with being diversified in a global mix of international investments and a "bull" market that has almost doubled at Wall Street since 9-11. I'm going to keep listening to my brokers and not get all worked out of shape.

I figure if the "Klingons" strike again my brokers are going to be buying big time a couple of days after the smoke settles just like they did last time. I'm sorry there is "Big Smoking Hole" in New York. But that horrific incident put us on a path of killing cockroaches and making money. Which is fine by me; They can kill a whole bunch more of them too. There will be no lost sleep at my house, the world is better off without them.

I'm not sure if anybody else noticed, but pissing off Americans is an incredibly unhealthy way to get attention.

People need to stop wringing their hands and get to the business of standing up for themselves and protecting what you hold near and dear. If you want what you have, stand up and fight for it. Stop trying to find some off-the-wall reason for not protecting your own.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by sharkman
I'm sorry there is "Big Smoking Hole" in New York. But that horrific incident put us on a path of killing cockroaches and making money. Which is fine by me; They can kill a whole bunch more of them too. There will be no lost sleep at my house, the world is better off without them.

who exactly are you refering to when you say "cockroaches"??

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 04:46 AM
link   
What precisely does all this discussion about which president cutback the military the most and the ensuing debate over rights and so on mean ?

This has got so far off topic it aint remotely funny..

Anywho...

The recent falls in global sharemarkets are nothing to be concerned about in the short to medium term. In the last 3 years markets throughout the world have risen by huge margins, and these latest falls are nothing more than a case of people looking at the longer term where things MIGHT not be so rosy, and taking some of their money off the table, profit taking...

I certainly dont subscribe to a view there is going to a a "train wreck" in the US or world economy in the near term...Outside that time window however, thats a different story...

Peace

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 05:37 AM
link   
So, you really believe this completely artificial, fiat money based system will officially crumble due to 'misguided' speculation? How's that supposed to happen when electronic money can be brought into existence at a moment's notice to 'correct' any serious imbalance?

It's imho perfectly obvious that noone in the higher leagues will run into solvency problems under these circumstances, so if there's a collapse, it's gradual and concealed, ie. happening as we speak.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Don't go crazy over what happens one day in wall street that wasn't even the all time low. But my advice if you really believe that this is the train wreck...

Go get a forex account I used gftforex, go to the USD/EUR and SELL SELL SELL the USD and BUY BUY BUY the EUR.

But I do have to admit the USD has been going down a lot the EUR is almost at 1.40 against the dollar. Too expensive to go to Europe right now.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join