It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bizarre Exorcism of Three Year Old Ends in Man's Death After Struggle with Police

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Bizarre Exorcism of Three Year Old Ends in Man's Death After Struggle with Police

www.myfoxphoenix.com

A shocking discovery in uptown Phoenix, after Police get a call about a man and woman hurting a 3 year-old child. The man would later die after a struggle with police and FOX 10's Sarah Acevedo reports that the two adults may have been performing an exorcism on the little girl.

(video report in link)
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 7/29/2007 by djohnsto77]

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 12:10 PM
link   
This couple were apparently covered in blood, strangling their toddler child and the woman was naked. I think if anyone was possessed by demons they were. Luckly, it seems that the girl survived this crazy incident.

www.myfoxphoenix.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Lovely. A three year old, who may or may not have had a behavioral problem (the article is awfully short), being tortured by her loving religious parents.

Why is it easier for people to believe that someone is possessed than take a child to the doctor or a behavioral psychologist?

And people wonder why I'm an atheist.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Funny the thread that actually had responses gets shut down, even tho there were some comments there I was going to address.

Anyway, for all the sensationalism of the title and article, isnt the real issue here that those people charged with 'protecting and serving' killed another man by the use of non-lethal technology?

70 taser deaths and counting.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   
What I do not get is how the parents determined that the little girl was possessed? I thought such was in the domain of those of spiritual authority and required heavy extensive medical examination before any ritual is to be preformed. Further I do not believe that the parents would be qualified for such. I think that there was something else going on that would be a worse indication of what may have been going on. I think that the devil as an excuse is just that an excuse for people to act in a bad way, especially towards children. I am concerned about what will happen to this little girl in a psychological sense though and what scarings have occured that will take years to heal.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11Bravo
Funny the thread that actually had responses gets shut down, even tho there were some comments there I was going to address.

I wouldn't be surprised if they shut it down depending on the OP's ''experience'' on ATS. (Eg, if Springer would make a topic, and a random ''newcomer'' would, who's topic would you think got shut down based on my "theory"?
)

As for the exorcism, I don't really see the exorcism part in this unless they have their own ''way'' of exorcising demon spirits (choking little girls? lol).

Odd ritual if you ask me.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I read this earlier,where did the blood come from.And the ol man dying is just the sweetest revenge.I don't feel for him at all,in fact he should have been choked to death like the child was.Thankfully the police interpted it in time to save the child.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Now I'm not the most knowledgeable about stuff like that, but I never thought blood, choking, and being naked would be part of a Christian exorcism. Am I just assuming this is a Christan thing.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Here's a longer text source:

Kansas City Star

Police interupted a reported exorcism Saturday in Phoenix. The scene they walked --- or rather pushed, past a door blocked by a bed --- into looked something like this:

A 3-year-old girl --- crying, bloodied and gasping for air.

Her grandfather, his hands around her neck, unphased by blast No. 1 from a stun gun.

His daughter (the girl's mother) naked, also bloody, and chanting something of a religious nature.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   
What if the child's name is Damien? What if the adults were in control of their senses and doing the right thing?

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 05:02 PM
link   
i always see your post where you type [/orange] or whatever and it never works.Can't you see it does'nt work?

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   
And because it doesn't work you think I should quit using it. Maybe the powers that be will see it doesn't work and finally fix it?

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Project_Silo
i always see your post where you type [/orange] or whatever and it never works.Can't you see it does'nt work?

LOL

Funny

Anyway, we have no idea what happened in that house. I wish there was more information and some more reliable sources.

The neighbor stated that she would have never expected anything like that and that the "grandfather" was always watching over the girl. This is pretty typical though. The monster never appears as such.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   
hey it worked. nicely done

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 05:58 PM
link   
This reminds me of a story years ago of a mother and daughter killing another daughter they thought was possesed.According to them they were attempting to frighten the demon out.They belonged to the Santeria religion.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Project_Silo
I read this earlier,where did the blood come from.And the ol man dying is just the sweetest revenge.I don't feel for him at all,in fact he should have been choked to death like the child was.Thankfully the police interpted it in time to save the child.

Agreed!

But the man may have died of "natural causes" related to the stun. Often, these people don't have good medical care because of their beliefs and untreated hypertension or diabetes or other issues can be lurking, waiting for an episode to trigger them into a fatal spiral.

Someone suggested that the blood may have been animal blood, and this is possible. I think it's likely that they're Christians... very few other religions have exorcisms. They may be one of those religious groups that is nominally Protestant that follow some philosophy other than the big churches (like the Branch Davidians.)

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

Someone suggested that the blood may have been animal blood, and this is possible. I think it's likely that they're Christians... very few other religions have exorcisms. They may be one of those religious groups that is nominally Protestant that follow some philosophy other than the big churches (like the Branch Davidians.)

What? Very Few religions practice Exorcisms? What? Please tell me your not serious.

www.bbc.co.uk...
science.howstuffworks.com...
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
www.themystica.com...

www.enspirepress.com...

"Ghosts and Exorcism in China"
mingyun.org...

"African religions: witch doctor performing exorcism"
www.britannica.com...

"Hindu Ceremony Banishes Ghosts of Nepal Tragedy"
www.beliefnet.com...

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Playing 'Devils Advocate' ( pun intended )....

As someone already mentioned, what if the child was exhibiting 'un-natural' signs of being possessed?

Could it just be an unruly child or could there be more involved?

Granted, the methods of the ordeal seem a bit 'out there', but could there not be something wrong with the child.

I guess if someone does not believe in Demonic Possessions, the story reads the way it is presented.

Not saying I condone this.... just 'what if'.

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 05:39 AM
link   
This is a very sad story and if the attached report is anything to go by it looks as though this poor little child has been subjected to previous abuse.

Thank God someone in the family had enough sense to call the Police.

I can't get the link to work but if you are interested the URL is:

www.fox11az.com/news/topstories/stories/KMSB_20070730_apab_exorcismupdate.c9556d0e.html

[edit on 1/8/2007 by Lady of the Lake]

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by sdcigarpig
What I do not get is how the parents determined that the little girl was possessed? I thought such was in the domain of those of spiritual authority and required heavy extensive medical examination before any ritual is to be preformed. Further I do not believe that the parents would be qualified for such.

From what i gather people all over the world try it, but it should be left to the catholic church. I always remember m martin on art bell talking about such things, the police usually keep these cases quiet, because of the copycat syndrome.

Originally posted by ThaDewd
Now I'm not the most knowledgeable about stuff like that, but I never thought blood, choking, and being naked would be part of a Christian exorcism. Am I just assuming this is a Christan thing.

No, demon posession is talked about in all civilisations, its just that the vatican has all there knowledge and experience, of all these groups.

[edit on 8/1/2007 by andy1033]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join