It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recent Sighting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   
On the night of saturday July 28 approx. 11:00-11:15pm over minneapolis minnesota, I was outside having a smoke and stargazing. Well i saw the most amazing thing..twice. Unfortunately I had no camera, so it word of mouth here. Ill explain what it looked like.

First I saw a flashing from my peripheral above me, there was a bright star I had seen a minute ago, looked away and it was gone.
Then minutes later, a flash in the lower atmosphere, a very strange almost artificial looking flash, very large and perfectly round, and bright. THe flash lasted about a second or two, and was stationary. I saw a streak of light shoot "out" of this flash of light, it did not look like a comet, i have seen many. My only deduction is UFO or very odd ball lighting.

If anything it reminded me of the UFO over china that warps away, this seemed to warp in. Im not joking by the way, and this is no hoax. Im happy i saw something wierd finally though.

[edit on 29-7-2007 by mastermind77]

[edit on 29-7-2007 by mastermind77]

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Congrats on your first sighting !

IMO, as of now it is a UFO.

You were concise and sound honest.

I've no idea what you saw, but thanks
for the post.

Oh, digital cameras are fairly cheap.
If you look up regularly, I suggest
toting one around. I do.

Regards,
Lex

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   
thank you, i would have had mine on me, it was just inside, though as things happen, the first peripheral flash made me question my sanity, i didnt think about getting a camera

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I too saw something similar to you in the Minneapolis area on July 28, 2007 (technically it was the 29th). I don't think it was the same "event" though as I saw it later in the evening (around 1:30am).
I saw what I thought was a satelite moving across the clear sky but then it suddenly got brighter and streaked away to nothing very very fast. By the time I pointed it out to my friends, it was gone.
Maybe you saw them showing up, and I saw them taking off!

Peace,
~Jammer

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 08:09 PM
link   
OMG! Did these things you see look anything like any of these.....

rapidshare.com...
rapidshare.com...
rapidshare.com...

I took these pictures literally about 30/40 minutes ago from my house in Essex, UK. I was sitting at my computer playing poker and got up to go for a cigarette at my window. As soon as I opened the window I saw this perfectly rounded light coming from the sky and moving at tremendous speeds performing unusual circular patterns. I quickly turned round to get the digital camera and managed to get these 3 shots before the battery died. It was there for about 15/20 seconds from what I saw, but no idea how long it had already been there. About 5 seconds after the camera died on me it shot off into the nights sky and into the horizon within a split second. It made no sound at all and if I were to guess, i'd say it was at an altitude of approximately 300-500ft and 50ft away from where I was

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Please remember to send your reports to Peter Davenport at NUFORC.org!
Especially since more than one of you has seen this UFO!

LS

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by drunknmunky
OMG! Did these things you see look anything like any of these.....

rapidshare.com...
rapidshare.com...
rapidshare.com...

I took these pictures literally about 30/40 minutes ago from my house in Essex, UK. I was sitting at my computer playing poker and got up to go for a cigarette at my window. As soon as I opened the window I saw this perfectly rounded light coming from the sky and moving at tremendous speeds performing unusual circular patterns. I quickly turned round to get the digital camera and managed to get these 3 shots before the battery died. It was there for about 15/20 seconds from what I saw, but no idea how long it had already been there. About 5 seconds after the camera died on me it shot off into the nights sky and into the horizon within a split second. It made no sound at all and if I were to guess, i'd say it was at an altitude of approximately 300-500ft and 50ft away from where I was

sorry. i have to call bs on those photos. they are pictures of the moon.

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lexion
Congrats on your first sighting !

Oh, digital cameras are fairly cheap.
If you look up regularly, I suggest
toting one around. I do.

Regards,
Lex

I agree, my roomate constantly teases me because I always have my camera hanging from my neck turned on and ready to go. LOL she says I look like a Japanese tourist.
none of us at ATS should be caught without a camera at all times.

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by LS

Originally posted by drunknmunky

i'd have to disagree...the moon doesn't travel at the speeds he described

Mr. Drunkmunky have you ran these through some kind of filtering program yet?

edited for spelling

[edit on 29-7-2007 by darkheartrising]

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I am glad to hear so many of you have seen the same thing. I had a similar experience standing with my neice on the porch one night a couple of years ago and she swears it was a UFO. Maybe some of the activity will start happening again, seems like there has been a lull.

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I think I saw the same thing about 2 weeks ago. It was moving from north to south, very high up. At first I thought it was an airplane but there was no sound, and I noticed that the light (bright and white) didn't blink like an airplane does. It flashed intermitently and without rhythm so it was hard to track as it moved across the sky (ruling out a star) and since it flashed I think I could rule out a satellite the very last flash I saw wasn't a flash, it was a beam of light going straight ahead. The whole event lasted approximately 1 1/2 to 2 mins.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I seen a similar object in the sky. It was on July 28th around 12:10am.
I live in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada.
Me and a couple friends were driving back from a club (I never drink, ever)
I look over a lake towards Toronto, my eyes are not the best but
that is exactly what I seen. 1 light ball in the sky and a second shot out.
We were on the highway so I did not want my friend to pull over.
I am not going to say it was an alien but most definitely a UFO.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkheartrising

Originally posted by LS

i'd have to disagree...the moon doesn't travel at the speeds he described

Mr. Drunkmunky have you ran these through some kind of filtering program yet?

No not yet I haven't - the pics that I posted were the originals taken from from the digital camera. Besides, I wouldn't even know what to do or look for. Maybe somebody else could examine them closely and see if you can see anything unusual? It certainly wasn't the moon, although there was a very bright full moon out at the time this was taken. The moon was south of my house, these pictures were taken facing north-north/east.

[edit on 30-7-2007 by drunknmunky]

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 09:55 PM
link   
[qoute]OMG! Did these things you see look anything like any of these.....

the third is the flash i saw, that lasted about a second and a half, and stayed stationary, as i observed a streak of light zoom out of view, as trees blocked the line of sight, all i know is it was headed south somewhere, maybe to feed on some cows? Maybe ill check for recent cow mutilations in the state. unless its just..a weather balloon?

[edit on 1-8-2007 by mastermind77]

Im guessing these are either high tech super secret really freaky weapons tests, or hungry alien travelers who love cow milk..sacks. Definitely in the know on the surface knowledge of UFO history etc.. so its anyones guess. Im staying with the fantasy of time/space folding machine, they just blinked in is all.

[edit on 1-8-2007 by mastermind77]

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by jammerman
I too saw something similar to you in the Minneapolis area on July 28, 2007 (technically it was the 29th). I don't think it was the same "event" though as I saw it later in the evening (around 1:30am).
I saw what I thought was a satelite moving across the clear sky but then it suddenly got brighter and streaked away to nothing very very fast. By the time I pointed it out to my friends, it was gone.
Maybe you saw them showing up, and I saw them taking off!

Peace,
~Jammer

man thats just wierd..seriously. that first flash was maybe another going vertical?

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkheartrising
none of us at ATS should be caught without a camera at all times.

Thank god for cellphone cameras. Now if only I could remember to take a picture or video instead of just staring at the sky with my jaw dragging on the ground

new topics

top topics

join