It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exposing Internet Disinfo Agents

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   
www.benfrank.net...

This website displays 25 tactics of disinformation/truth suppression. I just thought it was a good reminder to us all here. With all the new members on coming on ATS because of the summer season, I thought it would be good for them to learn these tactics as well. It's important not to get drawn in by these tactics, so learn them well.

Always stay on point and don't let others derail the points you are trying to make by falling a victim to disinfo. Take a look at the list, let me know what you think: Is it an informative list? Should items be added? Removed?

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   
That is a great list, thanks for posting this.
Also useful is the list of 7 ways to spot these artists. (at the bottom)

The examples on the list of tactics are right on. Good thing this has been written down.

Link provided will make a good bookmark.

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mindflow
That is a great list, thanks for posting this.

Your welcome, I thought it would be especially helpful for the newer members that haven't gotten accustomed to the "conspiracy scene" yet. I sure wish I'd had known these things when I started, would have saved me a lot of grief

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Actually every single item on that list could be used by the Conspiracy theorists themselves.

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chorlton
Actually every single item on that list could be used by the Conspiracy theorists themselves.

Yeah, I thought about that too, and the list is good to know, but the truth needs no such crutches. The list focuses DIS-info techniques, and how real information is obfuscated by it.

It's dizzying to think about Truthers using disinfo tactics to spread the truth. (brain melts)

Iv'e seen lots of information scattered in the wind by people using these exact methods on the list... brings the idea of 'paid poster' to life, eh?

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mindflow
The list focuses DIS-info techniques, and how real information is obfuscated by it.

UM, thats the point.
We all need to recognize these techniques so you don't fall into arguments with disinfo agents. Most members already do know about these techniques, as we've seen it all before. It's a must learn if you want to steer clear of disinformation.

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I meant to say that information is obfuscated by the techniques, not by the list itself.
I just re-read my reply,... oops.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
hmm some of these could just describe people who are that way by nature, what about them? I know people who arent agents like this.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 04:49 PM
link   
The American public at large has become the unwitting disinformation agent. Their minds have become consumed by fallacious rational and doublespeak.

There are disinformation agents "out there" but many are simply misinformed Americans parroting the things they hear and see in the mass media complex.

Telling the difference between the two has become quiet hard and a rather moot point since the "official" disinformation agent and the average American are basically achieving the same goal : blur reality.

Our only choice is to educate people as best we can and using our own post as examples of how proper discourse should go.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   
yes most of them are just who dont believe and like to rub theyr opinion in peoples faces +insulting acting childish and not providing proof or theyr opinion

new topics

top topics

join