It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bernard Eastlund - Eastlund Science

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I did an ATS search for HAARP and Bernard Eastlund and the newest stuff I found is at least 2 yrs old dealing with hurricane Katrina.
Does anyone have anything new to add?

www.eastlundscience.com...

I did find this website but it looks amateurish and not something Eastlund Scientific Corporation would own. Frankly it looks bogus...
are they keeping such a tight lid on this that NOTHING has been leaked?

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Eastlund is a real PhD and has a handfull of publications -- not so many to indicate he's a stellar original thinker, though. You notice on his bio page he spends a lot of time listing companies he was associated with and not his research publications and accomplishments.

He holds some patents, but no one knows if they're workable or not.

I'm seeing theory work there, but no background material... uh... with the lack of background and details, I'd agree it's speculative and that I don't see any real machines being developed. It looks like the holdup is that he needs $75,000,000 - $200,000,000 in funding before he can do anything.

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
Eastlund is a real PhD and has a handfull of publications -- not so many to indicate he's a stellar original thinker, though...I'm seeing theory work there, but no background material...

Not to say he doesn't generate ideas, to be sure.

But they aren't totally original either, not all of them by a long shot. You can see a lot of this stuff actively being experimented with a decade or more before Eastlund got 4,686,605, and that's just the first place I looked.

Ionospheric manipulation by using radio waves on the magnetosphere was started off when the military wanted to explore the intentional creation of propagation modes similar to sporadic-E and tropo ducting.

My first glance shows Helliwell publishing his first experiments at Siple as early as mid-1977.

Byrd - I went looking for the memory stuff and hit a pile of books that I'm wading through. I haven't forgotten it. Although I really wasn't expecting to find out that the Sefirot and Dante's Inferno may have been nothing but mnemonic aids.

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   
i thought he was the beginning of it all and the military took him seriously. i mean if he can really do all those wonderful things on his web page i'm surprised the virgin records guy or bill gates haven't invested with him.
kind of reminds me of tesla... will he also be another genious not appreciated fully until long after he's dead? or is comparing him to tesla a stretch?

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Nah. There are some things in the patent that are really original.

But there is a lot of prior work that covers it too. Ionospheric heaters predate his patent, and so does using cyclotron resonance in the magnetosphere to cause electron precipitation, which is another facet of his patent.

Way back when, the Army noticed that there were times when you could for some reason send radio very long distances, longer than you should have been able to. This came and went. Sometimes it was just a few seconds.

Eventually, they sorted out one set of conditions caused by a temperature inversion in the upper troposphere, which is also called the "boundary layer". This formed a "duct" in which radio waves would become trapped, and would be carried for thousands of miles. (edit: called tropospheric ducting)

Another set of conditions was caused when a meteor (or ionospheric shear, or whatever the theory is this week) enhanced the ionization of the ionosphere in a small patch. This would allow you to "bounce" communications off the patch and over the horizon. Also radar. They only lasted a few seconds on average. (edit: This effect is known as "sporadic E", since it comes and goes, and is confined to the E layer of the ionosphere. Very advanced HAM radio enthusiasts occasionally use sporadic E to send data bursts to Europe...)

The military thought this would be just dandy if they could replicate it on demand, for several reasons. Then came Project Starfish, which showed us that it's not nice to crack off nukes in the upper atmosphere or NEO. The military then started to wonder what you'd do if that happened for real.

Some time passed, some folks reasoned out that with the right sort of radio wave in the right place it might be possible to cause excess electrons to rain out of the ionosphere, so Helliwell gave it a shot. Yep, that works, problem 2 down.

Next, how do we excite the ionosphere enough to make it opaque to high frequencies where we want, like a sporadic E on demand? Well, there were several ionospheric heaters prior to Eastlund's patent that were doing just that. EISCAT is one. By exciting a patch of the ionosphere, you can enhance its reflectivity, voila! a man-made sporadic E.

[edit on 29-7-2007 by Tom Bedlam]

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 08:20 PM
link   
wow...yet more items to research, starting with Project Starfish

thanks for the insight

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Just a thought... If you have not seen "Owning The Weather" then you must, its NOT just hooey. Our governments are doing a lot of things without us knowing, through "secret" military funding - don't they put a lot of space shuttle miles on but don't tell you exactly what they are up to unless its something they can talk about? Why tell the public how they spend OUR billions when we might just object to their personal agendas? If you haven't read up on HAARP's Ionispheric heaters YOU SHOULD. First they lied about what this facility was actually doing, now it comes out that the US used weather modification during the Vietnam War, YES, all those years ago - so, imagine what they can do now, especially since all this info is now considered UNclassified. Makes you wonder if this stuff is real, and IT IS, what are they keeping from us now? No one knows of the long-term effects of modifying the weather, not even its creator. What do we do when mother nature gets upset at us trying to control her and whips wildly out of control trying to rebalance itself?? I submit to you, if Dr. Eastlund is so damn brilliant a physicist, (yep, this is a challenge) why doesn't he calculate the probability of drawing near-earth asteroids/objects or space junk into the vacuum created by heating the upper atmosphere and bombarding Alaska and Canada like we live in a shooting gallery. Or will it be too late once a hole is punched in the upper atmosphere and ozone and no one knows exactly how to close this hole?
Then it will be too late. We always worry AFTER the damage done.

W

top topics

join