It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bizarre hexagon spotted in Saturn’s clouds

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Astronomers can’t explain six-sided pattern at planet’s north pole
Space.com
Updated: 3:28 p.m. ET March 27, 2007
One of the most bizarre weather patterns in the solar system has been photographed at Saturn, where astronomers have spotted a huge, six-sided feature circling the north pole.

Rather than the normally sinuous cloud structures seen on all planets that have atmospheres, this thing is a hexagon.

The honeycomb feature has been seen before. NASA's Voyager 1 and 2 spacecraft imaged it more than two decades ago. Now, having spotted it with the Cassini spacecraft, scientists conclude it is a long-lasting oddity.

"This is a very strange feature, lying in a precise geometric fashion with six nearly equally straight sides," Kevin Baines, atmospheric expert and member of Cassini's visual and infrared mapping spectrometer team at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory, said Tuesday in an image advisory. "We've never seen anything like this on any other planet. Indeed, Saturn's thick atmosphere, where circularly shaped waves and convective cells dominate, is perhaps the last place you'd expect to see such a six-sided geometric figure, yet there it is."

The hexagon is nearly 15,000 miles (25,000 kilometers) across. Nearly four Earths could fit inside it. The thermal imagery shows that the hexagon extends about 60 miles (100 kilometers) down into the clouds.

At Saturn's south pole, Cassini recently spotted a freaky eyelike feature that resembles a hurricane.

"It's amazing to see such striking differences on opposite ends of Saturn's poles," said Bob Brown, team leader of the Cassini visual and infrared mapping spectrometer at the University of Arizona. "At the south pole we have what appears to be a hurricane with a giant eye, and at the north pole of Saturn we have this geometric feature, which is completely different."

The hexagon appears to have remained fixed with Saturn's rotation rate and axis since first glimpsed by Voyager 26 years ago. The actual rotation rate of Saturn is still uncertain, which means nobody knows exactly how long the planet's day is.

"Once we understand its dynamical nature, this long-lived, deep-seated polar hexagon may give us a clue to the true rotation rate of the deep atmosphere and perhaps the interior," Baines said.

The hexagon can't be seen in Cassini's visible-light imagery because the area is currently in darkness during Saturn's 15-year polar night — but the thermal signature shows up clearly in the infrared views, captured during a 12-day period last October and November.

In the next couple of years, lighting conditions may change enough for the hexagon to show up in visible-light views, NASA said.

This report includes additional information from MSNBC.com.

© 2007 Space.com. All rights reserved. More from Space.com.
URL: www.msnbc.msn.com...

Contact with Higher Intelligence and the Saturn Hexagon

www.youtube.com...

thebravenewworldorder.blogspot.com...
Hurricane Rita:

www.plaguepuppy.net...

www.ssd.noaa.gov...

I remember reading something about hyperclusters, clusters of a lot of galaxies or sumthin, being in a 3d lattice configuration, that is made up the merkaba configuration, a 3d star of david pretty much, where along eachintersecting point the lusters were grouped, and i think the idea was that the universe from .. above, as in, its more like a disc shape more or less, would look, like.. fuuuck ... u know that alex grey torus shape thing? like on the new 10,000 days cd, the geometric shape on the disc, .. apparently, i should probably look up that papre, was fair interestin actually.

So i figure maybe in the larger distances of space, objects in an apparantly chaotic, medium free vacuum of space are actually held together by some.. ether type force, akin to electromagnetism or maybe it.. or whatever the ****. If so this seems logical as the hexagon, and 3D rep. are i think the most harmonic configuration. .. as afaik, has the strongest structure in of self support n .. shiznoz. THe divine harmonic ratio i think.

[edit] found some **** not the paper tho, its somewhere...

scroll down a bit and it gets into the explanation...

www.divinecosmos.com...=49&Itemid=30

So i guess the circular disc representation aint really it, as its a linear relationship.. but maybe not.. i also remember **** bout the 'constants' of the universe.. like G, or plancks, or pi etc... were slowly shifting out of their original 'constant' value.. based on measurements of quasars and such... Distant quasars, perhaps the expanding nature of this universe has sumthin to do with it.

wonder bout the divine ratio constant.

one of the things that has impressed me about aleistair crowley is that he's been everywhere before me.
the things he said that i dont get come back around eventually.
in his book on the tarot,'the book of thoth' is a drawing with no comment in the text, entitled the double loop in the zodiac.it reminds me of the double octahedron in the link above.

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Amazing as it is, It is a natural phenomena. You're divine cosmos link wasn't working but I assume you were referring to this.

I agree with your comment, regarding electromagnetic energy it is the dominate force in the universe. We've been steered down the wrong track with gravity. Personally I believe gravity and electromagnetism are related.

Space really isn't a vacuum it's 99.999% plasma. Plasma being a perfect conductor of electricity. Astronomers always talk about vast magnetic fields in space yet they assume space is electrically neutral.

Geometry is the basis for all creation, one of the aspects of plasma is that it is scalable the same effects we see on a galactic scale can be also demonstrated in the lab. The universe is fractal.

Plasma cosmology is far closer to the mark than any big bang theory has ever been IMO. Check it out, you'll be hearing a lot more about it in the years to come.
plasmascience.net...

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Being discussed in several thread all over ATS.

Search Results

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Nice long post there.
Just to sum it up: Its natural and nothing new.

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 12:35 PM
link   
im assuming youve seen Jake K.s work?

thebravenewworldorder.blogspot.com...

start with 911 stargate, his first
then move to cuboid stargate, then lotus eating duck, then the rest
should be in context.

The last and top most video on the page is part 1 of 2 and both are very insane..i mean almost dead on accurate to my mind. Go see for your self though i dont want to ruin it

[edit on 29-7-2007 by mastermind77]

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 01:12 PM
link   
this is a natural occurance just like the face on mars or the red spot each planet has its own charecteristics and makeup. everyday people discover more and more of the cosmos

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   
This is being discussed here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

join