It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ELECTRIC SHOCKS THROUGH MY NECK!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I didnt know where to put this so i thought i'd place it here...

Ok... i dont know how to say this... but i just need some feedback about what these could be.. let me explain...

From time to time for the last few years i experience these 'electric' shocks through my neck, not my spine but usually on the ide of the neck... they are quite intense at times and can hurt... but after a second they go and all i feel is a slight tingling for a few more seconds... then nothing... i never mention them to anyone as i assumed them as being normal...

a week or so ago however i had a really bad shock while driving which nearly made me swerve off the road as the shock was so strong in my neck it jolted my whole body, a friend who was with me questioned what happened and i explined and he indicated it was not normal and should get it checked out...

Now when i say 'electric' shock its just the best description i can give as it really jolts my neck... most of the time its on the right side but i have had some on the left...

if anyone has any ideas what these could be please reply

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 03:32 PM
link   
sounds like a bad cramp pain.

sometiems i get them on the side of my neck if i turn my head a certain way then i have to lean to that side of the pain for it to cease...

sometimes i don't move my head and it will just pop on the side and the cramp will happen you know?

it's wierd dunno if it's like what you said..

I'd guess stress causes it?

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 03:37 PM
link   
never actually considered cramp pains... i guess i'm here too much lately and must be getting paranoid... thing is i dont get stressed... but yeah cramps may be it... thanks doctor lysergic!!! now next time i get into a near high speed accident coz of one i dont have to get out of my car and wave my fists in the air yelling 'damn you greys damn you!!!'

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Ask your doctor about it is all i can say. Sorry dude.

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   
sounds like a strong case of "pins and needles" you are probably not getting enough blood circulation...wait you said your neck....sorry I don't mean to insinuate anything...You should really see a Doctor. It probably gonna turn out to be a PINCHED NERVE.

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
sounds like a strong case of "pins and needles" you are probably not getting enough blood circulation...wait you said your neck....sorry I don't mean to insinuate anything...You should really see a Doctor. It probably gonna turn out to be a PINCHED NERVE.

is that serious? i hope not... i like to think myself as being kinda healthy (apart from the smoking, drinking and drugs of course)... maybe i will see a doc... usually its not an issue its just i nearly had a crash at 110km/h on a freeway as a result of one of them and yeah... i'd rather i didnt die in a high speed crash at the tender age of 19

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Yeah, sounds like a trapped nerve.

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 04:48 PM
link   
you'll have to see the doctor to determine how serious it is..do a search on "pinched nerves" for more info....

I have had one in my shoulder, does feel sort of like an electric shock..but more like sharp pain to me...

It went away after I saw a chiropractor and had regular treatments of massage therapy. good luck. go soon.

[Edited on 1-12-2004 by worldwatcher]

[Edited on 1-12-2004 by worldwatcher]

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Also, are you taking any medications? Or did this start after going off of any medications?
This sounds exactly like a reaction I had to a certain medicine. You can feel free to u2u me if it's a sensitive topic.

-B.

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Banshee
Also, are you taking any medications? Or did this start after going off of any medications?
This sounds exactly like a reaction I had to a certain medicine. You can feel free to u2u me if it's a sensitive topic.

-B.

i dont take 'medication' as i prefer to let my immune system deal with things itself to keep it strong... though i do use 'recreational medication' every so often so that may be having a side affect

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 06:10 PM
link   
i know what lysergic is talking about, I get that sometimes too.

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by omega1
i know what lysergic is talking about, I get that sometimes too.

i just re-read lysergics post and i dunno about cramps... they only last a second and i dont need to move or anything to stop them... i'm sure its something easily explaied and like i said it never bothered me untill i nearly crashed after a bad one

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 06:22 PM
link   
specialasianx, Hey there, ive had this exact same problem for about 7 years, its on my left side of my neck. I know exactly what you mean when you say electric shock is the best way to describe it, there are no other words that would do. I havent seen a doctor or anything about it, and im still around so i doubt its life threatening, but if your worried i would still go.

IM interested to find another with this sort of thing, no one iv'e ever talked to about it has had anything like this, im glad im not alone!

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kalistenics
specialasianx, Hey there, ive had this exact same problem for about 7 years, its on my left side of my neck. I know exactly what you mean when you say electric shock is the best way to describe it, there are no other words that would do. I havent seen a doctor or anything about it, and im still around so i doubt its life threatening, but if your worried i would still go.

IM interested to find another with this sort of thing, no one iv'e ever talked to about it has had anything like this, im glad im not alone!

i'm not so much worried about the actual shock killing me... in fact someimes the feeling in the area afterwards is quite pleasant... its when a particualrly strong one hits and my body jerks from it that i'm worried about... its rare one of such strength happens but the last one was when i was driving at highspeeds on a freeway and it could have turned out a lot worse than it did...

nerve pinching sounds like something it could be but i'd need a description of what thats meant to feel like to say for sure... the cramps thing lysergic said is kinda close ut doesnt wuite describe the feeling

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 04:02 PM
link   
i had anothero ne last night in bed... not as bad as the last but still it worries me... i think i will see a doc about this ASAP... anyone else experience anything similar?

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Banshee

-B.

I was going to ask this too. Buspar (or maybe it was Paxil?) used to make me feel like I was getting shocked occasionally. I had to discontinue use, obviously.

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 10:23 PM
link   
like i said i'm medication free... just the occasional ecstacy pill or line of speed... but thats not medication as such

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 11:34 PM
link   
My brother's ex had something similar - it turned out to be arthritis.

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Hey, you're not talking about that strange dimension altering jolt you sometimes get when you move your neck some certain way, are you? 'Cause I've had those! It's weird, it's like the entire world just shifted or something. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? Kind of like when you're riding in the passenger seat of a car on a sunny day. You pass under some trees, close your eyes, and that strange feeling of being hypnotized happens from the sunlight flashing on the insides of your eyelids. Or is that just me?

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by specialasianX

Hey man, i know exactly what your going through
i have the same problem. And ya electric shock is the only way
Explaine what it feels like. For me it shoots down from the base
Of my skull on the right siide to my sholder/coller bone area. I have
Never known anyone else to have this either. And i cant seem to dig much up about it
But ya it freaks me out because it comes with no warning its almost like being struck with a mini
lightning bolt.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join