It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drone Anti-Hoax

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 11:15 PM
link   
what are we discusing(SP) here?
that there are ETs here or that there are UFOs? we should be more concern with what do they want.. why are they here? its imposible and naive to believe that we are omnipotent creatures in this universe..we are not. there is a small group of people controlling the whole word. they know whats going on. ....

just felt like telling u that !

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I think the concept of this thread goes against the very principles this website wants to hammer into your brain. Denying ignorance does not mean "add to" the already awesome amount of ignorance and hoaxes out there.

While I understand your frustration, what EXACTLY has made this a hoax to you?
As far as CGI is concerned, still no 100% proof either way. Experts on either side of the fence have put their 10 cents worth in but everything has been theory.
As far as timing of materials is concerned, sure everything "seemed" to have come out at once to you but in reality this has been going on for a few years.

I think what your problem may be is there is no fruition to the situation that has sealed it like an airtight bag. That's life and a lot of what this board is about. Also understand that if what some other people have suggested on this forum about if this is a hoax being perpetrated for data mining or a disinfo project, then you are either part of it or being played like a fiddle and you broke a string.

Keep waiting or help analyze the situation until it is proven either way. Some people spend a lifetime trying to prove ONE concept in history and then are proven wrong. So just take a deep breath and let it all out and go on to another project or HELP the situation and not antagonize it with a space wasting thread that is essentially a rant.

Not trying to be rude, just trying to "keep it real"

b

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bspiracy
I think the concept of this thread goes against the very principles this website wants to hammer into your brain. Denying ignorance does not mean "add to" the already awesome amount of ignorance and hoaxes out there.

I don't think it "goes against," rather considers an unconventional tactic to "deny ignorance."

Can't rehash all that again, sorry.

I think what your problem may be is there is no fruition to the situation that has sealed it like an airtight bag.

Bingo.

Also understand that if what some other people have suggested on this forum about if this is a hoax being perpetrated for data mining or a disinfo project, then you are either part of it or being played like a fiddle and you broke a string.

NGC similarly pointed this out--acknowledged.

So just take a deep breath and let it all out and go on to another project or HELP the situation and not antagonize it with a space wasting thread that is essentially a rant.

I think it's unfair to characterize this as a rant, essentially or otherwise. It does express a certain degree of frustration and/or desperation however. Thanks for your comments B.

The plan was based on the conviction that retaliation by fighting fire with fire would be effective and fitting.

The consensus has been that no one thinks this is a particularly good idea, and everyone thinks at best it’s a problematic one. Not that I’m a consensus thinker, but I’m also not hard-headed enough to not seriously consider the arguments raised. And I am now persuaded that if there’s a chance such a labor-intensive effort could be either ineffective or, worse yet, what the hoaxers themselves are trying to achieve, then the plan should be dropped, despite the attractive prospect of derailing the hoaxers. Having said that, I would also say that, after 30 years of interest in ufos, I find the drone hoax has an insidious quality I’ve never experienced before, one that I’d like to put an end to. Well, I’ve been trying these past few months, and this thread was an attempt to approach it from a new angle.

I admire those who continue to investigate this case. But whatever its true meaning or lack thereof, whatever lies below the surface, whether petty motivation or grand scheme, at its core, it is another of hundreds of ufo hoaxes.

It is understandable that the more intricate the hoax, the more attention it garners—understandable, but not necessarily justified. This one I think is a trap for the unwary. Not a run of the mill deception to decipher and discard. Original craft, multiple sources, backstory, repeated exposure, orchestrated timing. Before you know it, you find yourself immersed. But again, at its core, it’s another ufo hoax.

In hindsight, speaking just for myself, I don’t think it ever deserved all the attention I gave it. Ultimately, alevar (stop caring) and mythatsabigprobe (ignore it) may have succinctly offered the best advice of all, not just for myself but the entire ufo community. But as for me, I’m going to exorcise this demon-drone that haunts my brain and wastes my time and leave it at that. Consider me de-droned.

~ fini ~

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by yuefo

Originally posted by Bspiracy

Can't rehash all that again, sorry.

I guess I'll have to go back and read the entire HUGE thread to find where you hashed it. I'm still a somewhat believer in some part of the story but not a complete believer in everything that has been said or shown. Like I mentioned in the OTHER new thread on this, the Disclosure Project testimony from B.G Steven Lovekin all of the sudden brought this back to a place where I can't discard it as a complete hoax.

I think it's unfair to characterize this as a rant, essentially or otherwise. It does express a certain degree of frustration and/or desperation however. Thanks for your comments B.

Acknowledged as well. I understand what you did and I apologize for using such a derogatory term. I guess "release" would of been better terminology and "best" would have been no such comment from myself.

b

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 06:59 AM
link   
What if it is a desentizing campaign? What would happen if this is the planned psycho-whatever (forgot the word sry my bad), response, and they expect everyone to have invested so much time, energy and personal feeling they assume everyone will be up in arms and posting drones all over the shop. If there is one grain of truth in this, that is that we must be AWARE and we must be AWAKE. Igorance is bliss as they say - we ignore them, we've won, not them, they are trying to make us give them a resposne so they can either control us into policing ourseves and covering up UFO leaks (by making it look like every leak is a fake, they are making us self-doubting, and therefore we always TRY and prove ANYTHING is a hoax, gone are the days you could say you'd seen something to a room of people and have them nod approvingly; these days they'd be whipping out notepads asking for time, date, breathalyser, urine samples, etc).

Sorry, but no, just sit on your hands and shout if you have to, but don't make their job any easier because WE are the ones that will suffer, humanity and those who know these things exist. They're trying to make us disbelievers until they can control it, don't let them give you the choice.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by yuefo

In hindsight, speaking just for myself, I don’t think it ever deserved all the attention I gave it. Ultimately, alevar (stop caring) and mythatsabigprobe (ignore it) may have succinctly offered the best advice of all, not just for myself but the entire ufo community.

No, never.

Proper dissemination and evaluation as otherwise there is no difference to the blind believers.

Let's now find out who is behind it and why - in a logical manner without clouding the issue any further than it is already.

Hopefully the die is being cast for the manner in which any future claim will be "investigated".

[edit on 30-7-2007 by chunder]

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Congrats on this thread expressing exactly what I've been feeling all along . . . this entire drone/CHAD/Isaac/CARET issue boils down to one of the oldest human philosophy questions: IS THERE A GOD OR NOT? Look at all the arguments presented on ATS and the rest of the 'net. There are total believers, total nonbelievers, and those who just plain don't know. And now we have produced a 'drone Inquisition' of sorts: we could 'torture' Isaac et al into a confession by creating false images and flooding his market to steal his thunder. We condemn those who do not believe, or we chasten those who do believe. We have anger, we have fear, we have wonder . . . but where is our hope for a better future? Alas, even the Inquisition had to end sometime, and so will this issue. As Fox Mulder said so succinctly: "I WANT TO BELIEVE!"

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 02:06 PM
link   
There is no cure for the hoax virus. It will be with us longer than the common cold. Such is human nature.

We must learn to deal with it effectively and quickly, and move on.

The only real mystery, IMHO, is the reason for this one. A simple hoax seems to always be ego-driven. But such a complex job as this one shouts that it's motive(s) is greater than a lone assassin of the truth.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join