It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Someone fill me in on this

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 07:16 AM
link   
This is a pretty lousy post, but I need to know and I don't know how the heck I am supposed to google for it.

Some time ago a figher jet that had been missing since the 50's was found on the bottom of one of the great lakes. The plane was lost just after it had contact with some foregin flying object. This object was also found on the bottom of the lake close to the aircraft.

This is supposed to have happened sometime last winter and scientist were going to inspect it closer when the weather conditions improved.

Since then not a word has been heard about it, at least not by me.
Can anyone else tell me what is going on? To me it sounded pretty much like an opportunity to claim the long awaited "ultimate proof".

Please fill me in.

[edit=typo]

[edit on 29-7-2007 by Raud]

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 07:37 AM
link   
There's a story from last summer about it here:

www.freerepublic.com...

The most recent one I've found is from March '07, and the article says that the discovery of the F-89 Scorpion in Lake Superior was probably a hoax.

www.americanchronicle.com...

[edit on 29-7-2007 by Tuning Spork]

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Chances are you will have a hard time finding anything, as it would have been put under wraps quickly.However Iam feeling up for a challenge.
What lake are you talking about and where did you get the info in the first place?Are we talking a USAF jet?Give me any details you can and I'll give it a search.

TuningSpork beat me to it. Good Find!

[edit on 29-7-2007 by AccessDenied]

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I suppose you are talking about the Kinross Incident and the news from last year that a diving company had sonar data showing the missing airplane.

I remember some threads here on ATS about it.

Originally posted by Tuning Spork
The most recent one I've found is from March '07, and the article says that the discovery of the F-89 Scorpion in Lake Superior was probably a hoax.
It probably was, even the links to the company site that appeared on the first news about this are dead, saying that the server does not exist.

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 09:45 AM
link   
@AccessDenied

Yep, it was a USAF fighter, but crashed on Canadian territory.

Man, I don't want this to be a hoax too! Blasted! Crap! Dumb slug!

I was hoping so much for this... Well, well, I'll just wander off into my day dreams and assume it is all covered up and the companies involved to have been closed under the order of MJ12. It's a possibility, isn't it?

Guess I just have to go there myself and fish it up, if I can find it that is. Someone got a state-of-the-art sonar or do I have to go hijack HAARP?

Please be true...

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raud
Someone got a state-of-the-art sonar or do I have to go hijack HAARP?

Raud, take a look at the second article I linked. There's no way that the most state-of-the-art sonar equipment could have produced the scans that Jiminez claimed he took.

He's laying low these days. I wish I had more exciting news, but it really looks like it was a hoax.

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Looks like a mix of truth and lies to me. The part about the plane seems true but nothing can be said about the ufo.

It happens that when people hear some story mentioning ufo (which is a day to day term for those in air force and has nothing to do with ET), they quickly equate it with ET and spawn some mysterious story out of it.

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by rocksolidbrain
Looks like a mix of truth and lies to me. The part about the plane seems true but nothing can be said about the ufo.

It happens that when people hear some story mentioning ufo (which is a day to day term for those in air force and has nothing to do with ET), they quickly equate it with ET and spawn some mysterious story out of it.

I'm not sure what you are saying is true about the alleged discovery of the F-89 that went missing Nov. 23, 1953.

The original claims were presented in an email that was forwarded by Francis Ridge to the UFO Updates list. The email contained an AP news wire story which supposedly originated from Port Huron, Michigan.
The story made the claims that the Great Lakes Dive Company of Michigan (NOT Great Lakes Diving Company) had found the F-89 using side scan sonar. A website soon appeared on the Internet containing alleged sonar images of the F-89. These were later augmented by alleged sonar images of an alleged metallic disk found near the alleged F-89 about one thousand feet deep in the middle of Lake Superior. For a while, GLDC's alleged spokesman, who went by the name "Alex Jimenez", ran a discussion forum on the website. All of this abruptly disappeared after some people began flooding the forum asking too many questions.

MUFON's James Carrion conducted an investigation into the claims and was not able to substantiate any. Certain UFO investigators continued to claim they were just "laying low" until the story/hoax just withered away (much like we are likely to see with the Chad/CARET/Isaac "drone" photos).

MUFON Investigation Part 1

MUFON Investigation Part 2

Note that there is no dispute that the F-89 did disappear over Lake Superior on Nov. 23, 1953 after it was observed on radar merging with the bogie or UFO it was sent to identify. The F-89 still awaits discovery although it is possible that some fighter jet parts found near the east shore of Lake Superior may have belonged to the missing F-89 from Kinross (the identity of the fighter jet parts was never released by the RCAF or USAF).

Kinross Incident - UFOBC Summary

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Sorry: Brief correction

The spokesman for the "Great Lakes Dive Company" (which likely exists as part of the hoax) went by the name Adam Jimenez, not Alex Jimenez. To my knowledge no one ever was able to confirm the identity of this person.

Maybe Linda Moulton howe has more information on him.

top topics

join