It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Few Questions for 9/11 Conspiracy Skeptics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Okay, let's say that tomorrow you wake up it has been proven without any shadow of doubt that 9/11 was indeed the work of officials within our government. (Note: This scenario is totally hypothetical though I feel it may become very real at some point in the future.)

What would your reaction be?

Would you concede that the "conspiracy theorists" here were right regarding 9/11? Or would you continue your crusade to prove that there is no way 9/11 was an inside job?

Would you revolt? Or would you go about your day as if nothing happened?

What do you think would be an appropriate punishment for a government that would kill 3000+ of it's citizens to further an agenda that benefits them?

Now, to be fair and put myself on the opposite end of the spectrum. If I woke up tomorrow and it was proven without ANY doubt that 9/11 was indeed the work of 19 hijackers at the behest of their leader OBL. I would first breathe a sigh of relief. Second, I would make it a point to come here and apologize to those of you who were right in the first place. And overall a bit of faith in my country and it's leaders would be restored and I would probably sleep like a baby that night knowing things aren't as bad as they seem.

So what would you do if everything the "truthers" say was proven 100%?

Jasn

P.S. Sorry for any poor punctuation and structure of this post...I've been awake for 20 hours and I am incredibly tired haha.

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by SimiusDei
Okay, let's say that tomorrow you wake up it has been proven without any shadow of doubt that 9/11 was indeed the work of officials within our government.... What would your reaction be?

Utter shock that the truth defies all evidence and common sense.

Would you concede that the "conspiracy theorists" here were right regarding 9/11? Or would you continue your crusade to prove that there is no way 9/11 was an inside job?

Well, if it were "proven with any shadow of doubt" then it would be pretty darn psychopathic to continue to doubt it.

Would you revolt? Or would you go about your day as if nothing happened?

Revolt? Let's just see if justice is served through the normal methods of Constitutional justice.

What do you think would be an appropriate punishment for a government that would kill 3000+ of it's citizens to further an agenda that benefits them?

Public execution a la Mussolini.

So what would you do if everything the "truthers" say was proven 100%?

What the "truthers" say can't be proven 100% because the "truthers" are 100% all over the place with their theories.

"The plane that hit the Pentagon was a military plane", "no plane, it was a missle", "the debris doesn't match the alledged airplane", "there was no debris", "the jet fuel burned off in seconds at the WTC", "there were no planes at the WTC", "the debris field in Penn proves that flight 93 was shot down ", "there was no flight 93 in Penn, it landed in Cleveland", and on and on and on.

Show me a consistent, factual, honest 9-11 conspiracy theory that actually makes more sense than the obvious, and I might take it seriously.

[edit on 29-7-2007 by Tuning Spork]

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 05:56 AM
link   
many things have been proven in the past beyond doubt that were ridiculed and people were even killed over (IE: Earth revolves around Sun)

If it were proven that 9/11 was an inside job, would you be able to trust "normal methods of constitutional justice"? Perhaps if "honest" people were officiating.

The Physics of 9/11. Three towers fall at near the rate of freefall in a vacuum.

All that aside, this post was not about how you feel about the 9/11 "truthers" or the evidence of 9/11. This post is here to pose a hypothetical questions regarding the events of 9/11. There are plenty of threads in this forum that are for debate over who is right and who is wrong in the whole ordeal. Please try to keep your comments regarding the debate for those other threads.

If you feel the need to respond to this thread, please only do so to answer the questions that were put forth. Otherwise, take the debate to one of the threads that was meant for it please. (This means "truthers" and those following the official story.)

All I am doing with this thread is posing a hypothetical question just to fulfill my own curiousity about what believers of the official story would do if the official story were proven to be wrong.

Save the debating for the other threads.

[edit: removed unnecessary quote of previous post]
Quoting - Please review this link

[edit on 30-7-2007 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I don't know why you just posted that, as the poster did answer all your questions very thouroughly I thought. the fact that he put a reason for answering the way he did is to be applauded I would think.

Just a bit of contstructive critisism. Don't try to dictate HOW people answer your post, as you won't get many answers at all.

Take it or leave it.

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Show me a consistent, factual, honest 9-11 conspiracy theory that actually makes more sense than the obvious, and I might take it seriously.

Richard Andrew Grove! This is the guy that is one of the 1st whistle blowers and has some very compelling evidence.

Check him out!

www.8thestate.com...

His latest video podcast is a instant classic!

Episode 019

Read his my_space blog /8thestate

[edit on 113131p://upSunday by QuasiShaman]

[edit on 113131p://upSunday by QuasiShaman]

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Thank you, sensfan.

[edit on 30-7-2007 by Tuning Spork]

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Double Post.

[edit on (7/30/0707 by PistolPete]

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 01:55 AM
link   
The people that are arguing things from either side of the coin would have a lot of crow to eat if the current official story was renounced for a more "accurate" one that outlines direct US govenment involvement in 9/11. Because as Tuning Spork has already said:

Originally posted by Tuning Spork

What the "truthers" say can't be proven 100% because the "truthers" are 100% all over the place with their theories.

"The plane that hit the Pentagon was a military plane", "no plane, it was a missle", "the debris doesn't match the alledged airplane", "there was no debris", "the jet fuel burned off in seconds at the WTC", "there were no planes at the WTC", "the debris field in Penn proves that flight 93 was shot down ", "there was no flight 93 in Penn, it landed in Cleveland", and on and on and on.

And this is spot on. If a complete time line of what happend when and where was released, it would be the single biggest debunking of all time.

I suppose if the whistle was blown everyone implicated would be arrested for high treason. At which point the lower-level conspirators would sing like birds. A possible constitutional crisis could ensue if the President and VP were implicated and were still sitting at the time.

I do think there would be public demonstrations, but no mass rioting would occur. No specific group was targeted, everyone's rights were suppressed equally. Generally, rioting occurs only when one group is being subjugated or taken advantage of by another and there is no other means to voice your feelings. If the "honest" people left in government do their job, the public should be placated.

The government would most likely grab more power as it would need time sort out who all the treasonous people who still may be "inside" are.

If you're looking for something that will cause the complete change of our society, this wouldn't be the event. Gradually I think it would change things positively, as everyone will be completely distrustful of the government for a few generations. But as long as people have a roof over their head and food on their plate, they're never going to try and over-throw anything. After about a week people would be more upset that their soap opera is still being pre-empted for "all these people talking".

Now my question: If 9-11 was an inside job, and the WTC's weren't brought down by anything but the planes that hit them, would you be any less outraged?

Edit: grammar

[edit on (7/30/0707 by PistolPete]

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 07:54 AM
link   

All evidence and common sense? Man! You don't happen to be a Christian, do you?

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by LurkerBeast

In the words of Gold Five: "Stay on Target..."

No one-liners. One-liners bad.

[edit on 7/30/2007 by thelibra]

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by LurkerBeast

Nope. I'm agnostic. Thanks for asking.

P.S. Sorry, theLibra. Had to respond.

[edit on 30-7-2007 by Tuning Spork]

join