It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tillman comrade recalls final moments

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Tillman comrade recalls final moments(Conflicting Reports)

news.yahoo.com

SAN FRANCISCO - As bullets flew above their heads, the young soldier at Pat Tillman's side started praying. "I thought I was praying to myself, but I guess he heard me," Sgt. Bryan O'Neal recalled in an interview Saturday with The Associated Press. "He said something like, 'Hey, O'Neal, why are you praying? God can't help us now.'"

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 29-7-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 12:01 AM
link   
There are conflicting reports on Tillmans last words. I don't trust this O'Neal character. I think that he's in on this.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I'm actually pretty surprised that this isn't getting a little more attention, especially with the conflicting reports between O'Neal and the Priest.

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 09:52 AM
link   
All his last words were something along the lines of "Stop crying you pussy." I don't expect people to remember his exact last words, I don't even remember exactly what my brother said at dinner yesterday.

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoterica
All his last words were something along the lines of "Stop crying you pussy."

Wow. You were there? What was it like? Was it scary?

I don't expect people to remember his exact last words, I don't even remember exactly what my brother said at dinner yesterday.

I bet it was something along the lines of "I can't believe that you would compare remembering what I said to you at lunch, to what remebering what someone is saying to you in what may be the final minutes of your life".

He probably said something like that. Heck I'm still surprised you can remember what Tillman said a few years back.

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I meant that everything I've read has said his last words were something along those lines. There are no "conflicting" reports except for is exact wording. There's plenty else strange about his death, but what his exact wording was isn't one of them.

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 10:54 AM
link   
The conflict IMHO sheds light on the character flaw of the soldier. Why change your story?? Unless you believe the priest to be mistaken?

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 11:06 AM
link   
But why assume that O'Neal is the one lying, when they won't even release the name of the chaplain that interviewed him, to confirm or disconfirm what he said? It's one guy's own memory versus an unsourced piece of paper.

What I consider more likely is that the interview record was faked or "touched up", and made so that Tillman seems like a dick nobody should feel sorry for. That would deflect more bad press. Not necessarilly because he was executed, but because his death is bad PR. They made such a big deal abotu him fighting for his country, and then he gets his head blown off by some kid with an itchy trigger finger.

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I understand what you are saying, but his account of who fired upon them and how far away they were, also conflicts with what the Forensics found. I believe there to be more to this but time will tell.

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I have to say...this sounds like pure BS. Tillman probably did say something.....I am sure not "nice" lol to this kid. He was one tough dude. He died a hero.He went looking for a fight, ran up a hill and was too eager IMHO that is what got him killed. Friendly fire has killed many a brave and eager soldier. Give me a 249 and a alley over a hill ANYTIME. Out in the open by yourself is a BAD place to be.

[edit on 29-7-2007 by TXMACHINEGUNDLR]

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by TXMACHINEGUNDLR
He went looking for a fight, ran up a hill and was too eager IMHO that is what got him killed. Friendly fire has killed many a brave and eager soldier.

If you were talking about say the Chinese army I would agree with you, but Pat Tillman was a Ranger, and Rangers dont just 'run up a hill' and leave themselfs 'out in the open'.
Pat was assassinated, the evidence is clear.

This O'neil character holds no weight as far as I am concerned.
He has probably been offered a promotion if he supports the official story, and a demotion if he contradicts it.
Tough choice huh?
Thats why the Bible tells us that the love of money is the root of all evil.
Financial rewards wins out over the truth almost every single time.

[edit on 29-7-2007 by 11Bravo]

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I read in the Bible that St.Paul said that"....imperfect justice is better than no justice at all." "Be ye perfect...." doesn't mean we must close our mind to understanding.

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Ranger or not in the heat of the moment or fog of war all kinds of weird stuff hapens. Roberts a SEAL fell from a chopper, Spann got it in a prison on and on. from what I have read it was a mistake. It happens all the time. SF or not. The fact the ARMY tried to make Tillman a hero is no big suprise. The kid was a poster boy for them. How in the hell they let him into real combat we will never know. Should have had him like Elvis "in the rear with the gear". No sniper took him out. A .50 did. From all reports it was brutal and his head was gone. He died fast, and a hero. Which is more than any of us will do in this lifetime.

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by TXMACHINEGUNDLR
No sniper took him out. A .50 did. From all reports it was brutal and his head was gone.

In light of the just released FOIA documents, this was yet another lie. His head was hit by 3 M-16 bullets placed so tight together that the doctors believed he was shot from 10 yards (and not 100 or whatever was stated before). Obviously this would not be possible to see if his head had been gone...

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 06:13 PM
link   
How does some one shot 3 times in the head have any last dying words? That little nugget right there pulls the rug out from under this character's believability.

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I don't think anyone said he had dying words. He did have last words, which are just the last things he said before he was shot in the head.

Also, the bullets probably entered the head in three close shots (M16 three round burst) and then exploded out of the opposite side of the head. These are entry wounds and exit wounds. Entry wounds are basically the size of the bullet. Exits wounds tend to be large blown out chunks - like an explosion. When someone says a man had his head blown off they are probably looking at the exit wound and all of the gore (blood, brain, tissue, bone) that sprays everywhere from that wound. Usually it is only after the body is cleaned up that a doctor will find the gunshot entry wounds.

So someone could say that they saw his head blown off and at the scene of the accident or crime that is probably what it looked like. Most of his head was probably blown away from the exit wounds. Brain tissue and most of the skull was probably destroyed and blown away from the wound.

[edit on 29-7-2007 by zerotime]

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by podnus
I read in the Bible that St.Paul said that"....imperfect justice is better than no justice at all." "Be ye perfect...." doesn't mean we must close our mind to understanding.

You are mistaken, the quote is;

It is better that ten guilty escape than one innocent suffer.

Completely different context when sourced correctly.

edit;

Romans (ch. XIII, v. 7)

[edit on 7-29-2007 by forsakenwayfarer]

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 10:20 PM
link   

This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God's servants, who give their full time to governing. 7Give everyone what you owe him: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor.

top topics

join