It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RFID chips for financial transactions?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Had a problem posting in breaking news so I guess I'll just put it here.

www.sptimes.com...

The chip, implanted in the upper right arm, allows medical personnel to access a patient's medical history in the event the person is unconscious or otherwise unresponsive. The person's data is stored in VeriChip's database.

Sounds a little spooky, and makes George Orwell seem more like a prophet than a novelist.

Silverman says his company's focus is on medical patients. And the chip they use is "passive" or, simply stated, it does not emit a strong signal. To read the chip, medical personnel must use a scanner and be within 12 inches.

And he says the data is stored in a facility as secure as any of the best. He does admit once you have a chip, it could be used for other "applications." You can tie financial accounts to them and other data.

This technology seems innocent at first. IMO it's just an early step in the process of becoming a cashless society. This company just wants to cash in first, by offering the idea that it "could" be used for financial transactions. Seems like thats what they were designed for in the first place. This is much more profitable in the financial industry than the medical industry.

I don't like where this technology is going. No chips for me, thanks.

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 09:20 AM
link   
No chips for me either.

I wonder how quick the sheeple will jump on this bandwagon as it becomes more and more prevalent.

Do you think they'll even stop two seconds and think back on what us "conspiracy nuts" have been saying for years? (in regards to implantable chips, etc)

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 09:55 PM
link   
These chips could be used to track people, the same way the RFID readers at stores can tell if your taking merchandise. A system could be used to track where people go, and with all the cameras going up they could follow anyone they want. Can anyone say, "Big Brother?"

new topics

join