It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AUGUST 28th planned mass landing

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 12:14 AM
link   
This all sounds like a bit of viral marketing for the movie "The Invasion" that starts on August 17, but who knows maybe its not.

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Well what i love about this sort of prediction is that it's very soon to find out. So put on your best going out cloths and prepare to take a joyride on an alien ship, shotgun, i want that front seat.

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeker420
This all sounds like a bit of viral marketing for the movie "The Invasion" that starts on August 17, but who knows maybe its not.

I can't wait for that. The original and the '76 remake are among my all time favorites. Can they do it again a 3rd time for the same movie? And Nicole Kidman, extra goodness there...er, oops, sorry, I guess I'm off topic.

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 02:47 AM
link   
What if they do come but instead of greys coming out its a bunch of sasquatches?

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Aug. 28th huh?

Work and weather permitting, I'll definitely be watching the skies that morning. Not for UFO's though. There's supposed to be a lunar eclipse at that time.

I'd love to spot a couple of them, and if I'm able to watch, I'll have my camera at the ready, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 03:58 AM
link   
all i can say is that if the ships are all huge and yellow...ima be unhappy

then my last thought will be amusement as i think "so doug had it right all along huh? who knew"

ill see ya'll on the 29th (covered for both dates that way
)

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 04:01 AM
link   
No no no no. Not this again.

I mean come on, how many " The Aliens are coming. Disclosure is at hand. ! " warnings are going to get tossed around this summer ?

Is this " The Aliens are coming in just a few day, weeks, next months. " post a regular thing for the summer.

I understand the OP was not the source of the original story so I'm not trying to lay blame or tell people what to post and what not to post.

I'm just really curious if the " Aliens are coming ! Run for the hills ! " posts become more frequent for the summer. Or this just a rare occurrence.

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Its become aparent to me now with this topic that people have this insanity of trying to say I told you so with predictions.

Tommorow the sun will come up ??? do I win a prize ? NO!!!!!!

The predictions of a pending "big thing" are becoming rampant and I suggest there be penalties to the OP points if the prediction turns out to be false. Who here is with me on this ????

[edit on 29-7-2007 by mazzroth]

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 06:23 AM
link   
I wait with interest. I seriously doubt anything will happen. Mind you August 28th is a Bank Holiday here in the UK so we will all have the day off work to celebrate a New Beginning /First Contact Day should it take place. Until it actually happens the champange is most definetely kept on ice !!!

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by shrunkensimon
I've heard the date 18th of August being of more importance rather than the 28th.

Of course it is... it's my birthday! Me and any aliens are welcome for night of heavy drinking. Just hope 'they' have a designated driver. That's all we need is drunk E.T.'s flying around crashing into tall buildings.

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 07:43 AM
link   
GR is indeed posting over at GLP, i saw a post from him a few days ago. I alerted GLP of GR's activity here through one of the forums so he might have changed his name.

This smacks of GR's previous story but distorted slighty to hook in the dudes at GLP. God help them they have a snivelling leech in their midst!

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 07:53 AM
link   
The August 18th date: I've seen it mentioned in a couple of places, this one being the one which resonates with me the most (www.cropcircleconnector.com...), simply because of what it is, when it happened, and also because that was the symbol my friends got painted on them on 7/7

"There is no "fourth full Moon" at East Field, but only a small "partial arc" close to the centre of that crop picture. It could easily have been drawn as continuing onward to a fourth full Moon on August 28, then to the end of a fourth lunar cycle on September 13. Instead, that fourth lunar cycle ends precipitously after just six small balls or days, sometime around August 14 to 22." - CropCircleC

At this point in time i am not discounting anything, simply because in the last couple of days i have seen orbs in the sky above my house in London, appearing in sync with my thougths, as if almost teasing me. Combine that with the various other sightings.. I did nothing special to deserve their spectacle that im aware of, so im hoping its to do with this upcoming date.

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Well its a month away so we will. Its such a crazy thing to imagine. How does the media handle it because they are always joking around about this stuff and never giving coverage of the more credible sightings. According to mainstream area 51 is the only sighting ever.

I have to disagree with almost ever viral marketing idea out there. The key to Viral marketing is to reach people and no one i know even knows about the chad drone or this august landing, so whoever is involved in the marketing is bad.

Viral marketing campaigns aren't even that frequent. We seem to talk about them more than they happen. Wiki has hotmail and blair witch as successful examples but seriously is that it? Those were ages ago. Here we are 2007 and Halo 3 is being promoted to coast 2 coast listeners and conspiracy forums through viral marketing. If i see the chad drone or this being talked about on mainstream then i'll think again on viral marketing.

At this point Halo should just put a drone model in the game because people talk about it so much it would be a nice easter egg.

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ATSGUY
‘First Contact' will start when a special series of major announcements are made by the world's major governments, which will be almost simultaneous. They will announce that E.T's are here and benevolent, and will acknowledge the part the Galactic Federation has played, in assuring the new reality manifests according to the divine plan.

Firstly, most of the guys who post on 'Godlike productions', post crap most of the time trying to fool people all the time!
So as a web site it has little or zero credibility. You see, they don't have mods like on ATS to control the trash dished out there!!

Secondly, what is the authenticity of this outlandish, bizarre claim? Just our unfriendly neighborhood poster who's bent on sensationalism of the worst kind. It doesn't take even a 10 year old to spin a yarn like this!!

I'm outta here!

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Not to take away from what anyone wants to believe, but how many of these supposed dates need to come and go before we stop trying to predict life-altering events on certain dates? I would understand if at least one person has been right in the past but so far, nothing.

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 09:21 AM
link   
No wonder the first thing you read on God Like Productions is:

**God Like Productions needs your help to stay online.**

Horus (vee eight) in my opinion has an over active imagination.

I'm sorry, but this stuff is bad for the cause.

IMHO

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Um..... allow me to quote an other godlike forum poster....

I agree with his/her assumption. Im sure there are many of us whom feel that something like this would be most welcome, unfortunately, hoaxers and people
who play with peoples emotions and fears thrive on these sort of scenarios.....so I will believe it when I see it.... Lord knows, the human race is in need of a over-haul I just find it hard to swallow that it will come like this...

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Yawn!!

Read it all before, seen it all before, been dissappointed before!

I would simply love this to be true, but I'm really not going to hold my breath. I'm a life-time believer in the existence of life elsewhere in the universe, but am getting truly bored by these hoaxers. How many more "the truth is about to be revealed" attention seekers are we going to be subjected to? Wait, don't answer that...because, unfortunately, I know the answer.

I fully believe that there is an alien presence living on, and in orbit around, our lil planet. That is an opinion I've come to after life long study of the UFO subject, and I stand firmly by it. However, what I don't believe is that the aliens will give us forwarning of public contact via posters on conspiracy websites.

While I'm sure everyone will agree that these boards are important meeting centres for like-minded, serious and dedicated people (perhaps with the exception of trolls, and certain die hard, unshakeable skeptics who were born without a sense of wonder), at the end of the day they are, after all, just mature and intelectual versions of chat rooms. Don't get me wrong here; they are neccessary, and, in the case of ATS, a vital outlet for educated opinion and discourse.

But surely, because of the "unsavoury" nature of some contributors to these boards (ie. those who point out that personal belief without supporting evidence constitutes a waste of brain activity, and even when supporting evidence is presented it's labelled hoax) bring the level of the discussion down to such a degree that any real revelation would be lost in the ensuing, arguementative mire.
Is that the sort of platform to let the world know you're about to land?

No, it's not.

Unfortunately, I doubt if we here on ATS will ever see a thread expounding a date for first contact that actually come to pass.

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 09:57 AM
link   
haha
funny that these kinds of announcements only come in one language
i'm afraid these benevolent beings will have difficulties in communicating with like most of the world population

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by bassistchris
What if they do come but instead of greys coming out its a bunch of sasquatches?

Wookies!!!(sp?)

Well, I am setting out lawn chairs, but would go for the ride, or maybe try to get them to cruise me around the universe for a while. It would be a cool job to work with them.

When something is real will we know until it happens? Probably not. I don't hold my breath, and even my hopes dwindle just slightly with each 'hoax' ... but one day it might happen. Who knows?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join