It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your survival fitness?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I am avid fan of resistance training. It has so many added benefits most people do not think of.... to start I am down to around 7 or 8 percent body fat. Given my strength I have an incredible power to weight ratio.
What most people never think about though is resistance training increases your bone density and strengthens a lot more than just muscle tissue. Your ligaments and tendons will also strengthen tremendously. All excellent benefits in not just a survival situation but in everyday life as well.

Not only would 20 miles be quite doable for me, but I could manage with gear on my back as well, which would make for a loooong day but if it were a survival situation I could do it.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Around my little town yeah i could do it and I'm a fifty pounds over weight and smoke a pack a day. The question should be just in bad terrain like up hill and rocky around here its all pretty flat and twenty miles in a day would be easy for anyone as long as they didnt have to clime a mountain and didnt do something stupid like sit down and rest somewhere its ok to slow down and maybe stop for a little while but you never sit down.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I would say that me and my little group are in pretty good shape..... we train and hike as well as hunt all over the real rugged areas of the Idaho heart here... and we are all ex-military and we still train as we did in the military....so we are not to bad

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join