It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US 'plans huge Saudi arms deal'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Yes Israel is getting an additional $30 billiob dollars of military aide, and egypt $13 billion+. Thats a combined almost $65 billion dollars for OTHER PEOPLES MILITARY FORCES, and yet our Hospitals force people to die due to no insurance, our children are becoming more ignorant everyday, and hey, someone always complains about the border right?

Could we think of a better way to spend $65 billion dollars?

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 02:10 AM
link   
The issue is not so black and white, that money ensures, maybe not in a direct and visible way profit and influence for the US and ultimately our survival/position. You have to look at it in context in order to be at peace with it.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Why do you even bother west, to try and justify whats going on out there? You know what your talking about, but it seems to me inside you just dont feel as right as you used to about defending these things.

I am a born American citizen, I participate in the Democratic process, I pay taxes, I work. I dont think handing out almost the same amount we pay on education to fund other peoples military is very wise thing at all. What good things do you believe that will accomplish?

Saudi Arabia stands for many things we as a people are told to hate, even Iran is a more progressive nation with more freedoms than them. They are more developed, and probably contribute more to the world, although not to the West as much of course. I dont see why you can see it as justified.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Dyeps
I like what you say and your avatar

I just will not claim to know or to understand all that the government decides to do with regards to supporting foreign military. I am sure the is a reason for it. Consider the pre WW2 national policies. I am not trying to say what is being done is the right thing. Am trying to say I think there are reasons.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Why do we have a right to set one country against the other anyway? So our interests can be met?

We have no right. I am appalled by our foreign policy, since the beginning of our country.

We meddle in others business, we get our head stuck in the honey jar every day it seems like.

Regardless of Iran's growing power, we have no right to be involved in the politics of the Middle East. We need to bring our soldiers home and let the Middle Easterners decide if they want democracy or a dictatorship for themselves.

I have no problem with anyone in the world, except Western governments who think they can police the world...

And you wonder why the US government is so hated? We have the worst foreign policy ever.

Stop arming the Middle East, there's already enough problems with a nuclear armed Israeli state. Enough!

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I think $65 billion dollars is enough to provide every citizen in those counties with books on the Democratic process, modern agricultural and water treatment practices, and engineering education for developing better infrastructure where it is needed as well. People like to read at least as much as others like to kill, why not give that a shot?

If for whatever reason that money had to be spent on foreign sources, I would rather have seen it going to a country like Haiti, Liberia, Somalia, Sierre Leon or what have you to build and defend schools, infrastructure, and social services.

Many would probably state it is not our responsibility to help develop third world countries? But it is our responsibility to help fund the destruction and death of other peoples, some in developing countries? Why destroy when you can create? Dont kill, educate.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join