It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican activist attempts to burn American Flag-key word "attempts"

page: 24
<< 21  22  23   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   

I suggest you "look it up" before making such rash comments.

I did, and not on some guys blog either.

And what does anything you linked to/quoted have to do with the supposed "anything goes" attitude you were discussing? It's a vague rant that's pretty short on actual history and long on... well, ranting.

[edit on 8/2/07 by xmotex]

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boondock78

1940's sound good?

Honestly, the morality of the 1940s would be fine with me. Sure, they were "uptight," but you didn't have the crap going on that you have in our society today, and certainly not on the scale that it is going on today.

[edit on 2-8-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

1940's sound good?

Honestly, the morality of the 1940s would be fine with me. Sure, they were "uptight," but you didn't have the crap going on that you have in our society today, and certainly not on the scale that it is going on today.

[edit on 2-8-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

i figured that would suit you well.
boys all wore the same white t shirt and flat top hair cut.
girls all wore long skirts and saddle shoes.
dad worked and mom stayed home.
divorce was low and religion was high.

back then though, since it was not 'the norm' to get divorced, they stayed married to their husband even though she was getting beaten and he was as drunk. the government did some atrocious crap to many a people in the 1940's.

it might have appeared to be beaver cleaver ville but it wasn't. people were supressed and were not happy.

of course though, you as the patriarch of your own little family with suzie and sally and the wife and a fence would like that just fine.
everything would literally be black and white.
the population would be complacent and encouraged to be like everyone else....yeah, what a great time.

you can have it.

how was 'morality' in say, the south in the 1940's?

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

Originally posted by intrepid
Bottom line? The Supreme Court disagrees with this.

Bottom line, the Supreme Court is, wait for it, it's coming, oh yes, it's coming............

WRONG!!!

I can't believe you actually said that. You mean that YOUR opinion trumps the Judicial Branch of the US government? I have no reply to that. Except that it may be the most un-American thing I've read here. You can't pick and choose man. The Law is the LAW!

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
I can't believe you actually said that. You mean that YOUR opinion trumps the Judicial Branch of the US government? I have no reply to that. Except that it may be the most un-American thing I've read here. You can't pick and choose man. The Law is the LAW!

I couldn't agree with you more Intrepid. It is this very attitude that Bush displays in his flaunting of unprecidented use of executive privilege to stop the checks and balances designed in the Constitution. Flag burning has been repeatedly upheld by the Supreme Court as a right of American citizens.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ninthaxis

I couldn't agree with you more Intrepid. It is this very attitude that Bush displays in his flaunting of unprecidented use of executive privilege to stop the checks and balances designed in the Constitution.

i think you have to put yourself in the 1940's morality circle.
you know, everyone looked and acted the same. didn't think too much about much of anything and there was total trust in our government.

take us back to the era of divide speakeroftruth

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 09:23 AM
link   

i think you have to put yourself in the 1940's morality circle.
you know, everyone looked and acted the same. didn't think too much about much of anything and there was total trust in our government.

take us back to the era of divide speakeroftruth

But I like my computer and the internet. Maybe we could compromise? Flag burning still gets to be protected AND I get to keep my comp and internet. That seems fair and rational to me. Wait a minute....

[edit on 3-8-2007 by ninthaxis]

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   
To hell with it.

[edit on 7-8-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82

Originally posted by earth2
I just think its great for someone (probably a veteran) to standup for the flag they fought for.

Secondly, the person with the flag should have pressed charges against the other man for theft. He pulled the flag owned by the man wishing to burn it, out of his hands, and would not give it back.

So your hero stole something, and could be considered a criminal by the laws that are actually real.

You must work for the ACLU, or CAIR.

You stick up for those that wish to destroy the country that is so great .

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I love that guy who stole the flag back

Any one who would burn an American flag doesn't deserve to own one. Free speech or not. Nothing is free in the world.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 05:06 AM
link   
I love it how at the end of the video when everyone's cheering he goes and stands in the doorway of a KFC.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Royal76
I love that guy who stole the flag back

as someone has said before, that man should have been arrested for theft. it's his flag, he can do with it as he wishes/

Any one who would burn an American flag doesn't deserve to own one. Free speech or not. Nothing is free in the world.

anyone who says i shouldn't have the right to burn an american flag doesn't really deserve to be called an american.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
After reading what I posted 3 years ago I am amazed at how much my way of thinking has changed.
And, I am a little imbarased at some of my post.

Even though it seemed very American at the time to cheer for the person who stopped the other man from burning the flag, I have to agree, it was theft and that man had every right to burn that flag and the other guy should have been arrested for theft.

This is how ATS has helped me open my way of thinking.

Thanks ATS

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by earth2

Wow, that is what learning is all about. Sometimes sharing ideas with others on the same level, can help with these things. We may not always agree, but we share the right to express our opinions.

Good for you.

Peace, NRE.

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23   >>

join