It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican activist attempts to burn American Flag-key word "attempts"

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   
OK GeneralT, I'm British and what our government has done has shown no respect for our flag. But that deviates, our flag is burnt traditionally at battle as a symbol that our flag control has been destroyed. You should know that. I am more worried about how my flag speaks abroad than some idiot putting petrol on it.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I have shed blood for the USA and am permanently disabled as a result. The only persons qualified to question my "Balls" is a person who has also shed blood for the USA.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 08:24 PM
link   
We in America have to express heart felt thoughts about where we need to be on a lot of these issues. We need to get on our feet again and not let others from other countries tell us how to be. No disrespect but this is something we as Americans need to focus on. Are we going to be Americans or are we going to be a third world country? I realize that you may be seeing your country over run by ILLEGALS as we are here. If so we can discuss this(what we should do how we should act). When it comes to America, most of us get really pissed off when we see someone burning our flag. This shows me they have no respect for my country or our people they just need to get back on their little trucks that brought them here and GO BACK where they come from!!! TODAY WOULD NOT BE A BAD DAY TO DO THAT!!!!Save me and others from having to do that..

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Don't think I came over properly..... the point is that when you get the flag in battle (traditionally), you have got most, if not all, of the other flags, you have taken control. Modern anger flurries itself more at the flag. If attacking a flag saves one life, then it is cloth.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 08:59 PM
link   
The man in the video is not trying to do it that way, he is trying to do it out of disrespect.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 09:04 PM
link   
No, you always do it out of disrespect. That is respect. If your flag was mugged and they did not do a display of disrespect, I wonder if you might be a bit angry? I would be, if they can't celebrate............ lol

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkStormCrow
I have shed blood for the USA and am permanently disabled as a result. The only persons qualified to question my "Balls" is a person who has also shed blood for the USA.

well put my friend!!

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex

And BTW, to all those ranting about the glories of WW2 and the "wimpiness" of today's "liberals", you do realize that during WW2 we were led by the farthest-left leader this country has ever had, yes?

Ahem, I didn't say liberals were wimpy, but they certainly are the cause of wimpiness in the majority of the American public...
America has no fortitude... I guarantee you, America will wind up forgetting all about the very REAL threat of Islamic terrorism and we will be crushed. You can rest assure to that, but, hey, that's what most of you liberals want to see anyway. So, swing away.

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boondock78
i friggin swear when i was reading ops posts, i was thinking the same damn thing....sig heil....

thats wild....bwuahahahahahahah

Yeah, you all love to make your little name callings and rash comparisons.. We'll see how much freedom you have to do that when Muslim fundamentalists are dictating what you can and can't do in about 20 years or so.

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I read the first page of responses to this thread and I'm just amazed.

A man exercises his first Amendment right and the person who STOPS him from doing so is considered the HERO by the so-called PATRIOTIC people...

So, it's patriotic to prevent a man from exercising his rights... How screwed up is that?!?!

What's wrong with this picture?

RIP USA.

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Ahem, I didn't say liberals were wimpy, but they certainly are the cause of wimpiness in the majority of the American public...
America has no fortitude... I guarantee you, America will wind up forgetting all about the very REAL threat of Islamic terrorism and we will be crushed. You can rest assure to that, but, hey, that's what most of you liberals want to see anyway. So, swing away.

ENOUGH with the demented partisan BS.

I doubt I'd qualify as a liberal, my position on the 2nd Amendment alone excludes me from that particular idiotic club. However neither am I a great fan of the loopy crackhead hard right.

As far as being "crushed" by Islamic terrorism, please explain to me how this is going to happen. The most absurdly overpowered military on the planet is going to be defeated by a bunch of medievalist morons who can't even take over their own home countries?

Give me a break

As far as "wimpiness" goes, feel free to test that theory at your leisure

[edit on 8/1/07 by xmotex]

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex

As far as being "crushed" by Islamic terrorism, please explain to me how this is going to happen. The most absurdly overpowered military on the planet is going to be defeated by a bunch of medievalist morons who can't even take over their own home countries?

Give me a break

As far as "wimpiness" goes, feel free to test that theory at your leisure

[edit on 8/1/07 by xmotex]

Uh, firstly, we are not fighting a nation, we are fighting groups of people spread out across different nations... They use guerrilla tactics, ahem, much like th eViet Cong to fight wars. So, it's not hard to see where the U.S military would have a hard time...

Anyway, this is way off topic.

As far as the wimpy part, I don't have to "test it." I see it and hear it every single day. If not in person, on the news or internet.

[edit on 1-8-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Anyway, back to the flag burner. I still haven't had anyone to answer my question. How is burning an Iranian flag a "hate crime" and burning an American one isn't? I am dying to hear this convoluted answer, I really am.
(Foaming at the mouth with giddiness)

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   
SOT -

That's just wrong. It shouldn't be a hate crime. (I HATE the idea of hate crimes!) It should be protected by free speech just as burning the American flag. Otherwise, it's a double standard.

Burning the flag of your own nation doesn't have some kind of morally higher position than burning ANY flag. People aren't burning the American flag with love in their hearts... They're pissed! They might even be feeling hatred.

I support the right of anyone to burn anything they want if it makes them feel better. Hell, if you want to burn a cross on your own lawn, go right ahead. Just keep it away from me and don't burn any of my stuff!

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
SOT -

That's just wrong. It shouldn't be a hate crime. (I HATE the idea of hate crimes!) It should be protected by free speech just as burning the American flag. Otherwise, it's a double standard.

Burning the flag of your own nation doesn't have some kind of morally higher position than burning ANY flag. People aren't burning the American flag with love in their hearts... They're pissed! They might even be feeling hatred.

You're absolutely right... Yet, there is very much a double standard in this country. It is politically ok to burn a U.S flag, but you burn some other flag and it's somehow a "hate crime." I really don't understand it.

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 07:26 PM
link   
This video is so awesome...by any chance would anyone happen to have any links to videos like this

[edit on 1-8-2007 by Trinity2492]

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
I really don't understand it.

The people who support burning one's own flag but not anyone else's say that burning one's own flag is a political statement and therefore INTENT matters. But I disagree. Burning the flag of Iran can be a political statement, too. As well as burning the US flag can be out of hatred.

That's what I HATE about all this hate crime legislation. If I purposefully kill the guy down the street, why should my reason for killing him matter? I killed him on purpose! (in this hypothetical situation
) It shouldn't matter if I did it because he was gay or because I didn't like the way he looked.

"Hate crimes" go after thought. Intent. I strongly disagree with that.

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boondock78

Originally posted by Daz3d-n-Confus3d

Twist it anyway you want to.My point ,was and I believe you know it, is that why should anyone burn a flag of the country that he came to for freedom?????? All I am saying is that itis wrong and it better not happen in front of me.

[edit on 30-7-2007 by Daz3d-n-Confus3d]

another tough guy thats gonna 'beat em down if they burn the flag'...
bwuahahahahahahah

why should/would anyone burn it after they came here for freedom? don't know....don't care....multiple possible reasons i am sure with at least one being, 'cause he can'...
thats what is funny. he can burn it, he is within his rights...you can not harm him for doing it....that is not within your rights.

i like all the patriots that talk about or imply physical harm......you guys are super....thats the way to protect what the flag means....beat people up for excercising rights 'the flag' is supposed to symbolize.

as i said, warped.

I never said I would "beat him up". Maybe I just want to set him down and give him a good talking to. And it appeared to me that this guy was just as combative as the guy taking the flag from him. There are lines you don't cross. Legal or not you just don't do it. Everyone is so worried about offending these people. What about the people he is offending? Oh thats right, we don't matter beause we are "Patriots". When did that become such a bad word?
Maybe this guy has a legitimate complaint, maybe he doesn't. I promise you one thing though, I am more likely to listen and reason with him if he did his complaining without burning our flag. Would you love a guy who was telling you to help him all thewhile burning a picture of you and your family?

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 08:54 AM
link   
If I saw someone try to burn the flag I would first take the flag away from their dirty hands and then proceed to kick their ass - I am not taking away our collective free speech - I doubt that I would be able to change the constitution - I would just end up in jail on assault charges, but I would kick his ass nonetheless. It seems to me that people are confusing patriotism with with bigotry, racism etc. and are becoming afraid to show love for their country. Once we have lost our collective b@lls our enemies are going to gobble us up. It is already starting to happen.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daz3d-n-Confus3d
Would you love a guy who was telling you to help him all thewhile burning a picture of you and your family?

what are you on about?
first, you don't have to love anyone...second, a flag is not the same as a pic of my family/....quit reaching

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24 >>

join