It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fact Really Fiction?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Pardon the bad quote, but we can't handle the truth, or can we?

Are there really solid facts or is Science keeping us safe? A man needs to have a solid knowledge, they need "facts" to keep a sense of "reality." However, is there really fact or is it a small theory or guideline of false numbers? The "mad" scientist is not uncommon. Many a person has gone crazy insane trying to handle the real truth. Why Atomic "Theory"? Because humans can't handle Atomic Law. I do not believe in the facts of today, what do you think?

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Actually Raven, I don't think the Majority of the world's population can handle the "Truth". Given.. there is a minority of people in this world that can handle the "truth"...but majority rules...so we will always be in the dark...only to guess, theorize and assume.

"According to Hinduism, the world around us is not real, because it is impermanent and ever changing. The world in which we live is a world of ignorance and falsehood or untruth, called Asat, in contrast to Sat or the world of Truth that exists beyond it, where neither the mind, nor any of the senses can ever reach even remotely.

According to the concept of maya, the very existence of an individual as a separate entity is unreal. As long as the individual thinks that he is different from the rest of the creation and strives to work for his own ends, protecting, furthering nurturing and defending his own ego or individuality, he suffers from illusion and his ego continues its journey into an unknown future shaped by his endless actions and desires. The purpose of human life is to realize this truth and work for unity with the Divine."

you can read more about this topic at: www.hinduwebsite.com...

once again, I am not trying to convert, push or change anyone's view on Hinduism..I simply want to share with you concepts of the one of the oldest "religions" on earth.

[Edited on 1-12-2004 by worldwatcher]

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I'm open to all religions. Hinduism has always interested me, a good study if nothing else. Thanks for the input.

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Well many could argue that when times get tough then people must get tough and their ability to withstand unpleasantness increases. Will they wait until the last moment to tell us what is going on?

top topics

join