It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S sinks N.Korean ship on its way to Iran!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   

This map shows how far a boat coming from China to the Persian Gulf would travel.

Sri

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Has anyone found anything concret on this yet?

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Regarding the mileages:

94 miles east of Oskat
150 KM east of Oman
110 nautical miles southeast of Chah Bahar

The first 2 are essentially the same. Oskat is the same as Muscat which is the capital of Oman. 150 kilometers is 93 miles which for all practical purposes is the same as 94 miles (I am assuming the report of 94 miles is statute miles because 150 km works out to be 93 statute miles).

So I put a blue dot, A, which represents the position of the first 2 which is approximately 94 statute miles east of Muscat.

110 nautical miles southeast of Chah Bahar is the blue dot labeled B. I used nautical miles because that is what the report said.

These 2 points are about 90 nautical miles apart.

The approximate lat/long for the 2 positions are:

A: N23 degrees 37' E60 degrees 10'
B: N24 degrees 8' E61 degrees 40'

Disregard the black markings and names, this is an old map I used when I was flying for Air India.

clarified statute and nautical miles

[edit on 6-8-2007 by johnlear]

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 11:14 AM
link   
'Delivery of its freight of enriched weapons-grade uranium and equipment and engines for manufacturing more fissile material including plutonium in its hold '

Great....another few tons of highly radioactive wastes dumped into the ocean. What a stupid thing to do - if true. I think they call this enviromental terrorism. Why the hell didn't these fools simply storm the ship with overwhelming force?? Hell, they have enough carriers in the region. This is almost beyond utter stupidity, and borders on pure idiocy! How appropriate...

J.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear

Delivery of its freight of enriched weapons-grade uranium

You would think that we had a better way to confiscate the enriched weapons-grade uranium than contaminate the Arabian Sea.

I'll bet the UAE, particularly Dubai and Sharjah are going to be tinkled pink over this.

Exactly my thoughts.....if true, it's unbelievably stupid.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Quote John Lear

94 miles east of Oskat
150 KM east of Oman

Thanks for the map and additional info John.

Question. It appears that you used nautical miles for the last one. Did you use nautical miles for the other two? I don't recall any of the three mentioning nautical miles, (I could be wrong) and it could just be inferred.

Will you clarify? Just curious.

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Originally posted by makeitso

originally posted by johnlear
94 miles east of Oskat
150 KM east of Oman

Thanks for the map and additional info John.

Question. It appears that you used nautical miles for the last one. Did you use nautical miles for the other two? I don't recall any of the three mentioning nautical miles, (I could be wrong) and it could just be inferred.

Will you clarify? Just curious.

Thanks.

Sorry makeitso I should have clarified that. The first two are in statutue miles because 150 kilometers equals 93 statute miles so since they are almost the same I assumed the first report was in statute miles.

I used nautical miles on the third because thats what was used in the report: "110 nautical miles southeast of Char Bahar."

Approximate values are:

Kilometers is statute miles times 1.6.
Statute miles is nautical miles times 1.16.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Thanks for the clarification. You are too kind.

I differ to John's navigational skills, they are much better than mine, so I retract my earlier statement that the S. Korean and N. Korean ships appear to have sunk in the same location on the same day.

Which leaves us where? Did Debka ever reply to that email?

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I have inside info about this ship from one of the survivors. The vessel had a serious leak in number 1 cargo hold which was filling with water. The condition was ignored by the captain. No survivors have mentioned anything like an explosion, the sub theroy is all wrong. This was stupidity not conspiracy!

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Please, do tell. Which ship? What location?

Thanks for posting!

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Was talking about the orchid sun.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 10:25 AM
link   
The ship was SOUTH KOREAN Flag not North Korean as reported in many wacko articles. It loaded in China not North Korea.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Do you know how six of the 10 rescued were injured as reported by the Korea Times?

Seems a little strange they were injured by a leak in the hold. Hoping to clarify.

[edit on 8/7/07 by makeitso]

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by makeitso
Did Debka ever reply to that email?

NOPE.

Sent a second one today:

debkafile.net...

I am very curious about your report on the sunken N. Korean boat in the Gulf of Oman.

This is the second time I am contacting you. Please update. The subject is being discussed here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Your article directly contradicts others which state it was a South Korean boat that sunk peacefully, rather than being attacked by subs.

August 7th, 10:38 AM

Sri

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 10:57 AM
link   
When a ship with 42,000 metric tons of steel cargo sinks in 'seconds' as quoted by one of the injured surviving crew it is a violent event. The navigation bridge is roughly 6 stories high and a fall from that distance would have to hurt.

This baby went down fast and may have rolled over on the way down tossing crew and any loose equiptment off into the sea. People were bouncing around in the dark. They did not launch any lifeboats there was no time for that.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Contacted Debka again.

This is the third time I am contacting you.

Today is August 9th. You reported a sunken North Korean Ship in the Gulf of Oman 7/12/07 containing radioactive material. All other reports claim it was a South Korean boat with steel cargo.

PLEASE UPDATE.

Subject matter is being discussed at ABOVETOPSECRET.COM here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Deny Ignorance

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I'd like to thank the house for letting me reply to this story as an unregistered participant .

Concerning this story of a U.S. submarine torpedoing this North Korean cargo ship. I'd say it is the thought that counts . I too doubt seriously that an American anything would shoot at any Russian/Chinese backed country .

I tell you who would have done this in a heartbeat and that is a German U-Boat .
You see if the American Navy were to do this it would be sued back to the days of John Paul Jones Navy by the ACLU .

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Why do I not see any recent posts on this thread? I hear a bunch of helicopters going over head, for the past 5 minutes passing over, very rare out here in the sticks... Headed east from the midwest.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

It appears if you look through the thread the ship was not North korean but South korean and loaded in China.

Also very dubious sources and the OP sources are both 404,s now

That could mean of course being conspiracy minded taken down, but the publications themselves are still running and always report this sort of stuff, they would really highlight and want the attention if this had been blocked from their servers.

Also the Op sources seem to have sourced from Debka lol! of which a member emailed a few times and had no response or confirmation.

A rumour mill story, like Faal.

However I missed this entirely, until you bumped it so it was an interesting 5 mins for me of slight tension lol.

Nothing here IMHO

Kind regards,

Elf

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Why do I not see any recent posts on this thread? I hear a bunch of helicopters going over head, for the past 5 minutes passing over, very rare out here in the sticks... Headed east from the midwest.

Funny you should mention that...

I live near an Air National Guard base in the midwest. All you ever see are F-16's and Blackhhawks. Today as I was waiting for the bus I saw, firstly, a Huey medevac chopper, then shortly after a Chinook chopper, both take off from the base and head off in different directions. I've have never seen either of this type in my area before and neither are based there. I found it quite odd. They could have flown in for an exercise I guess.

[edit on 2-12-2008 by Curio]

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join