It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti Terror Bill Approved

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Anti Terror Bill Approved

news.bbc.co.uk

The US Congress has approved an anti-terrorism bill implementing many recommendations of the commission which investigated the 11 September attacks.
The bill, which the White House says George W Bush will sign, allocates a greater share of funding to cities at higher risk of terrorist attack.

It also requires the authorities to screen all cargo on passenger planes and container ships within five years.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.latimes.com
www.cbsnews.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 04:06 AM
link   
The news article goes on to say that this is a bill that the democratic majority has made its priority since they took control. I have not looked at the finer points of the bill. I can't shake the feeling however that it is just a way to get money to key cities of the representatives with the most power.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   
as far as i can tell it seems to be semi-good but do they actually define terrorist attacks? because terrorism and terrorists, can mean a lot of different things, for different people.

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 06:25 PM
link   
As to weather or not an attack will be terror I think is something the officials will be deciding. Like I said I still just cant shake that this may be nothing more then a money issue. So I hope those funds going out will be used to make good preparations and preventions for the places that are getting them.

new topics

top topics

join