It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Connected with a large christian forum, need some theorys to show them.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Hello All,

I am posting to ask you about which conspiracys involving religion I should bring to the largest christian forums in the worlds attention.
I have connected with this forum and they say they would be interested in hearing some conspiracys in religion and that I should post some.

Both ATS and the christian forums would benefit I think for we would be able to hear another communitys views on our views.

What I am hoping to do is post the conspiracy there and then post back here and/or give a link to the conspiracy so we can find out what they have said.

I need your help first of all with choosing a good conspiracy to start with. Please can you reccomend a simple and not to obscure one to warm the christian forums up.

Please ask any questions about this or anything you think maybe relavent.

Sorry if I haven't phrased this very well but its early and I cant think straight at the moment.

-Charq

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Charq
Hello All,

I am posting to ask you about which conspiracys involving religion I should bring to the largest christian forums in the worlds attention.
I have connected with this forum and they say they would be interested in hearing some conspiracys in religion and that I should post some.
-----------------------------------

JESUS : A PROPHET, NOT A SON OF GOD

www.harunyahya.com...

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   
My advice is to leave them alone. You'll never get them to budge away from their beliefs, and they'll never convert you to their way of thinking. All the reason and logic and examples in the world won't convince them of anything, because they have an irrational belief and therefore will not respond to rational arguments.

A person has to look at the available evidence and decide for themselves that there is no God, no afterlife, no reincarnation. That it's all just stories told around a campfire to keep simple people from giving up on a harsh, indifferent and ultimately pointless life.

So in the long run, badgering the Christians or Muslims or Jews or Buddhists or Hindus or any of these foolish people won't accomplish anything.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Ok thanks for the advice guys, I'm leaving them alone.
I did start to think this thread was a bad idea once I'd posted it because with talking to this community there oppinions on stuff seems to be set pretty firmly.

-Charq

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Let them explain how the south american sloth could make its way from south america to the middle east to board noahs arc when it sleeps at least 23 hours a day and cannot swim

And while at it heres the penulimate site on debunking noahs flood story

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fett Pinkus
Let them explain how the south american sloth could make its way from south america to the middle east to board noahs arc when it sleeps at least 23 hours a day and cannot swim

And while at it heres the penulimate site on debunking noahs flood story

Given that the story of Noah is a watered down version of a Sumerian Myth I don't think you'd have to go to any great length to debunk it.

And if you did, then you were more focused on hating on Judaic tradition, than actually realizing that it was all borrowed anyhow.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I know where the story comes from but even if you get die hard christians who will not belive that you at least have a whole load of points they cant really answer

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Leave them alone.. Do you honestly believe that they are going to believe anything you present to them? Also, I am one that thinks that a person is entitled to believe whatever they wish. If it's wrong, join the crowd.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Don't you know a giant sloth could have been on the ark???

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I would as them what they believe about the Nephilum and the mating of angels with humans.

I would ask them if they believe Adam and Eve were the first man and woman, how were their sons able to go out and marry other women? Or is incest ok if those were their sisters?

I am a Christian, but I believe that modern day denominations have made their own interpretations of the texts and often don't talk about controversial subjects such as the ones I have mentioned above.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Infinite8,
Incest would not have been taboo at that time, because the gene pool was so broad and healthy that no mutations would have occured IMO.
I don't believe it was untill Moses that it was forbidden, but someone else might clear that up.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuicideVirus
My advice is to leave them alone. You'll never get them to budge away from their beliefs, and they'll never convert you to their way of thinking. All the reason and logic and examples in the world won't convince them of anything, because they have an irrational belief and therefore will not respond to rational arguments.

A person has to look at the available evidence and decide for themselves that there is no God, no afterlife, no reincarnation. That it's all just stories told around a campfire to keep simple people from giving up on a harsh, indifferent and ultimately pointless life.

So in the long run, badgering the Christians or Muslims or Jews or Buddhists or Hindus or any of these foolish people won't accomplish anything.

Even your screen name speaks volumes. You are lost, so lost you don't even know you are lost. Maybe the Good Shepard, will recue his lost lamb, but maybe you prefer your isolationism to humanitarianism. I mean after all, if you refuse a part of your family, then do you have a family? I mean, if you refuse to acknowlege your very being as more than worm food, do you deserve any better?
Never forget the old axiom: beware what you ask for, you may just get it.

All I can say is never commit yourself to the unknown. The unknown may be more powerful than you. Unless you choose to align your self with goodness, and esteem goodness above humanity: and recognize that without that spirit that challenges one to bring themselves to a higher frequency, you may be falling into a trap, from which your escape has been cemented agsinst you by your own design.

I understand hesitancy to believe what is perceived as a fairytale. I Do. I have. Never stop questioning. Always seek truth, have faith in it, truth, the only thing there is in existence that deserves to be called devine. If you really think that man, decended from apes; and against all odds, by chance. came to be the truth; and the design that is the miracle of life is not in you, then how do you question creation, when you know full well, that you do create? How do you justify the phenominal odds of chaos becoming order? Where is man in that equation? I would say man is on the receiving end of a miracle. Pride is his ultimate downfall.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quazga
Given that the story of Noah is a watered down version of a Sumerian Myth I don't think you'd have to go to any great length to debunk it.

Noahs flood story is merely the repetition of the true story of a flood. The only myth involved is the myth that it is a myth.

We can find the flood story in most ancienct cultures.........as they all came from Babylon.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sun Matrix

Noahs flood story is merely the repetition of the true story of a flood. The only myth involved is the myth that it is a myth.

We can find the flood story in most ancienct cultures.........as they all came from Babylon.

You use the fact that Flood stories occur in the myths and legends of most ancient cultures as proof that events detailed in The Bible are true, historical events.
By extension is it then true to say that events in The Bible that are not supported by corrobatory evidence within the same ancient cultures can be as untrue or even unproven?
Anyone can cherry pick snippets from any literary work and use as evidence to support a particular viewpoint.

new topics

top topics

join