It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Administration to give 20 billion to Saudi Arabia for Arms

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 11:55 PM
link   
This is your America, American loyalists. You have been sold once again your safety for a huge arms transaction.

What this means is you can bank on our TROOPS getting shot or bombed by these weapons. You just got pimped out for your jingoism. When will we learn?

Yes Killing once again is their "future"

www.reuters.com...

NEW YORK (Reuters) - The Bush administration is preparing to ask Congress to approve arms sales totaling $20 billions over the next decade for Saudi Arabia and its neighbors, The New York Times reported in Saturday editions. Coming as some U.S. officials contend that the Saudi government is not helping the situation in Iraq, the proposal for advanced weapons for Saudi Arabia has stoked concern in Israel and among its U.S. backers, the Times said. The package of advanced weaponry includes advanced satellite-guided bombs, upgrades for its fighters and new naval vessels. Senior officials, including State Department and Pentagon officials who outlined the deals' terms, told the Times they thought the Bush administration had resolved those concerns, partly by offering Israel more than $30 billion in military aid over the next 10 years, which would be a significant increase over recent levels. Administration officials remain concerned, however, that the package could draw opposition from Saudi critics in Congress, which is to be notified formally about the deal this autumn, the newspaper said. The State Department and the White House had no comment on the Times' article, and a Pentagon spokesperson could not immediately be reached for comment. Assurances from the Saudis about being more supportive in Iraq were not sought by the administration as part of the deal, U.S. officials told the newspaper. The Times said officials described the plan as intended to bolster Gulf countries' militaries in a bid to contain Iran's growing strength in the region, as well as to demonstrate Washington's commitment to its Arab allies. But they added that Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice and Defense Secretary Robert Gates still plan to use their joint visit to Saudi Arabia next week to press for help with Iraq's government. "The role of the Sunni Arab neighbors is to send a positive, affirmative message to moderates in Iraq in government that the neighbors are with you," the newspaper quoted a senior State Department official as saying. The official added that Washington wants Gulf states to stress to Sunnis that engaging in violence is "killing your future.

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 01:50 AM
link   
The whole thing reminds me of that Cage file "Lord of war". Sell to one side then the other and bad luck when they turn on you with your own weapons.

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fett Pinkus
The whole thing reminds me of that Cage file "Lord of war". Sell to one side then the other and bad luck when they turn on you with your own weapons.

Lord of War is a perfect description! But Saudi Arabia is never in Mainstream news and the Bushie Bobble heads never understand the implications of transactions like this.

I gurantee you by giving ARMS to Saudi Arabia it's known that we are going to end up killing more of our military. Even Israel is like, "Wtf are you trying to do"

Some people just can't put the equation together.

Saudi Arabia + Arms = More Casualties for soldiers in U.S.

If I had a family member in the United States I'd be livid that the U.S. is that desperate for money. If I was Israel I'd see it as a betrayal. If I was an Iraqi,I'd just want to become more of a insurgent against the U.S. occupation especially if these munitions were used to kill my family members. If I was Iran I'd straight want to give the lone superpower the finger as soon as possible.

Americans are kidding themselves if they can't see the repercussions. Our citizens are at risk with these on the merchandise truck off to Saudi Arabia.

When you start seeing satellite guided bombs going off and blowing up soldiers to pieces, remember this news article. Don't get amnesia because it's painful to remember the truth.

This whole War on terror is just one big fraud to get American Joe Six Pack feel good about his country. That's all this is. A prescription drug to administer on the U.S. population to make them numb to the "TRUTH" and all the circumstances that will surround and imprison them to this badly scripted movie.

I wonder who gets the 20 billion? How is this split up among the players?
Don't be surprised if Saudi Arabia uses these arms in America sometime soon for a FALSE FLAG attack on our country and turns America into authoritarian state. Don't try to blame that on "LIBERAL media"
You helped cheer for the enemy right in front of you.

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Huh?

So we're selling off to them so they can arm themselves against us?

I'm speechless.

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 11:36 AM
link   
You need to change your title.

The article doesn't say we're giving them money/arms, just allowing them to buy it.

We're not paying for these arms.

[edit on 7/28/2007 by djohnsto77]

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
The article doesn't say we're giving them money/arms, just allowing them to buy it.

Just allowing them to buy it. Wow, now that's a relief

Where is your head at?

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Just allowing them to buy it. Wow, now that's a relief

Where is your head at?

Well they technically are our ally. We certainly don't want them to fall to Iran or something.

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   
People seem to forget that 90% of 9/11 hi-jackers were Saudi Arabians.

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Golack
People seem to forget that 90% of 9/11 hi-jackers were Saudi Arabians.

Not to mention we armed the taliban in the Russian/Afghani war, that is still blowing up in our face. Before that, we were nice enough to sell all of those Tomcats to Iran, we have yet to see how that will help things.

Like I said in another thread on this subject, it wouldn't do for our enemies to run out of weapons, that might just make it possible for us to win the "war" and have to come home, then where would the regime be?

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Well they technically are our ally. We certainly don't want them to fall to Iran or something.

Speak for yourself...

I would be happier with a muppet in charge of that government, or a piece of dog crap on a stick, an empty plastic bag kiting in the wind, anything...

The fact that we support tyranny comes as no surprise to anyone who's paying attention.

The Kingdom is a repressive and anachronistic disgrace, and we support it fully - business as usual.

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Believe me, I'm no fan of the Saudi royal family.

But if there were free elections there now, most likely Osama bin Laden would win hands down.

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Saudi Arabia is a government that we should be working against, not selling weapons to. A government where there is no religious freedom, in fact you are punished for being a Christian in certain areas. A tyrannical government that is brutal and and harmful to stability in the area.

No, I don't consider that an ally. I consider that a severe problem that will be addressed eventually whenever some leader gets into office that actually understands that we can no longer manipulate our way through the Middle East and play patty-cake with who suits our immediate purpose.

Combine that with Pakistan and Israel, and I must say, with friends like these, why do we need enemies?

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82
Saudi Arabia is a government that we should be working against, not selling weapons to. A government where there is no religious freedom, in fact you are punished for being a Christian in certain areas. A tyrannical government that is brutal and and harmful to stability in the area.

No, I don't consider that an ally. I consider that a severe problem that will be addressed eventually whenever some leader gets into office that actually understands that we can no longer manipulate our way through the Middle East and play patty-cake with who suits our immediate purpose.

Combine that with Pakistan and Israel, and I must say, with friends like these, why do we need enemies?

Niteboy, you and I know both why Saudi Arabia is getting the arms. The Islamic Brotherhood of Saudi Arabia is going to kick this ish off with the "NEXT" level of attacks in the middle east and abroad. This is the nexus for Radicals. And everyone needs to pass this information along to everyone including Joe SixPack.

And why haven't our elected officials addressed this? It makes me realize that maybe OUR only source left of finance is Defense and Hallucinations of Wallstreet. We need Saudi Arabia and China to sustain this country. We are trapped and Joe Six Pack is misinformed on all levels with every passing day.

But remember this: The best way to sustain nightmares is to keep supplying the Boogeyman with power of destruction.

This administration is not american. It's a full blown mercenary for profit cabal by any means necessary.

This still hasn't hit CNN
Fox won't dare even mention it
MSNBC is probably petrified.
CBS
ABC

Has the BBC had discussions about this? Because those satellite guided bombs are probably on their way transported to Londons as soon as possible.

If I was an american soldier I would be "" this close to mutiny after hearing this news if I was infantry soldier with a red target on my back in Iraq. Pat Tilman was right. "This war is so effin illegal"

Remember it's estimated that 49 percent of the terrorist radicals currently in Iraq are from Saudi Arabia. With all this talk on Iran why no focus on the radical forces from Arabia? THINK loyal Bush Conservatives.

Americans have no idea what we have done. You have helped inspire a house of horrors that is endless in it's rooms and chambers. You think 2007 was bad? Wait til 2008 in the Middle East.

The Russians and Chinese are laughing their ass off at us.

HOW can no one see this? Have you seen Sleeper Cell? Maybe you need to watch that program or better yet get the Book "House of Saud" or Baer's "Sleeping with the Devil"

I wonder what the am pundit bobbleheads have to say

O'Reilly
Hannity
Ingraham
Savage
Rush
Hewitt
Jon Gibson
Cavuto
Fox and Friends Brian Kilmead
Tammy Bruce
Boortz

What do you think ANY of them will say?

Why on earth would you supply with a country that supports radical ideology and terrorism? Why mention Iran iran iran iran all the time but not Saudi Arabia? That's the 100,000 dollar question

Can you imagine if Bin Laden was from Iran? We would never hear the end of it.

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
You need to change your title.

[edit on 7/28/2007 by djohnsto77]

Dj, Let's be realer than real. You KNOW that when this news gets out if it's fwd'd to the soldiers on the ground this doesn't help "MORALE" to know that 48 percent of the Radical elements are from Saudi Arabia? Arent you on a Kick about Iran? How much percentage wise do you think Iran has streaming in to Iraq? I bet it's less than SAUDI ARABIA. Tony Snow doesn't mention that. Neither does Cheney,Fran Townsend,Chertoff,Richard Perle,Kristol and neither did Rumsfeld. Aren't you the least bit curious why that is?

How can you still salute this administration? Face the facts,DJ. It's a mercenary cabal that's thefting our country for profits in arms to sustain
Radical sects for the War on terror to be perpetually on going.

I don't know how you can sit there and not realize what is going on.

But let me put it to you this way. When you start seeing a influx of our american military DEAD, I want you to recall back to this arms sales and realize the defense technology we are giving Saudi Arabia is going to make Iraq look like Disneyworld now in terms of casualties.

There should be no excuses for this morally appalling display of power and Greed.

What is it going to take for you to realize you have been DUPED. It's not the "FAR LEFT" you have to be worried about. It's the bloodlust mercenaries that you have currently in the whitehouse.

BTW Thanks for the heads up on the subject title. Alas, time has run out for me to edit this. Maybe a moderator can fix the subject heading. And you need to seriously think about if you want to co-sign on this with that many troops bogged down in Iraq.

[edit on 29-7-2007 by MRGERBIK]

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Update congress to attempt to block Arms Sale:

Look what we plan on giving Saudi Arabia. Just LOOK at that list. Why are so many conservatives silent on this thread? Only Dj Johnston has come forward with his
When will the "hatcheted pro Iraq occupation" conservative base see this isn't "SUPPORTING" the troops.

www.washingtonpost.com...

The Bush administration's plan to sell $20 billion in advanced weaponry to Saudi Arabia and five other Persian Gulf countries is running into congressional opposition and criticism from human rights and arms control groups. Members of Congress vowed yesterday to oppose any deal to Saudi Arabia on grounds that the kingdom has been unhelpful in Iraq and unreliable at fighting terrorism. King Abdullah has called the U.S. military presence in Iraq an "illegitimate occupation," and the Saudis have been either unable or unwilling to stop suicide bombers who have ended up in Iraq, congressional sources say.

Human rights groups warned that new U.S. arms meant to contain Iran's rising influence could backfire, allowing President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad to rally greater support for his hard-line faction in the run-up to parliamentary elections next spring.

And arms control groups said Bush's strategy would accelerate an already-dangerous trend that could increase tensions rather than generate a greater sense of security.

The administration plans to sell advanced satellite-guided bombs, fighter aircraft upgrades and new naval vessels to six Gulf Cooperation Council countries, including Kuwait, the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Bahrain and Oman, U.S. officials say.

U.S. officials acknowledged that congressional reaction has been mixed but cautioned that details of a broader arms package -- including $30 billion in military aid to Israel and $13 billion to Egypt over the next 10 years -- have yet to be released. "As we move forward, we will work very closely with Congress, as well as our friends and allies in the region," State Department spokesman Sean McCormack said.

But Tom Lantos (D-Calif.), chairman of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, who was briefed on the deal Tuesday, said he had several reservations. "This is not a sale at Macy's that you go in and buy a bunch of stuff. There are a complex set of relationships behind it, and while it's very desirable to have the Saudis and others recognize that Iran is an existential threat, there is also a degree of responsibility that they have to show on broader U.S. foreign policy interests," he said in an interview. In the context of the arms deals, Lantos said the oil-rich countries should use windfall profits from high oil prices to cover the expenses of Iraqi refugees who have flooded Jordan. Saudi Arabia should not try to re-broker reconciliation between Palestinian moderates and militants, he added, and Qatar should look at the television network al-Jazeera's role in the region.

Reps. Anthony Weiner (D-N.Y.) and Robert Wexler (D-Fla.) said yesterday that they will introduce a joint resolution of disapproval to block the deals when Congress is formally notified. They have seven Democratic co-sponsors. In an interview, Weiner said any arms proposal would find broad bipartisan opposition on the Hill. "The reputation of the Saudis has taken quite a beating since 9/11, and despite the fact that the administration has done everything to portray them as part of the moderate Arab world, members of Congress of both parties are increasingly skeptical."

new topics

top topics

join