It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who was Prince Hall?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I have read several conflicting reports about the famed founder of PHA Masonry. Some acounts place his birth in the Bahamas, while others in New England. This is just one example of contradictory details to a facinating story. Does anyone know more about Prince Hall?

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigred1000

I have read several conflicting reports about the famed founder of PHA Masonry. Some acounts place his birth in the Bahamas, while others in New England. This is just one example of contradictory details to a facinating story. Does anyone know more about Prince Hall?

It was my understanding that he was born in England, but I don't remember for sure.

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Is the mans first name PRINCE? or was he actually a Prince with his name being Hall?

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by chief_counsellor
Is the mans first name PRINCE? or was he actually a Prince with his name being Hall?

His first name was Prince, his last name was Hall. He is the first known black Mason, having received his degrees at a military Lodge in England in the 18th century. He helped charter several all-black Lodges, which modern regular Prince Hall Affiliation Masons are descended.

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Here's a link to PBS, and Info. about Prince Hall. Prominent Bostonian during the Revolution.

www.pbs.org...

[edit on 28-7-2007 by sharkman]

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 09:38 PM
link   
It would be well for us to truly recognize that we are a Brotherhood of Men. It has taken many years for most Grand Lodges to Regularly recognize PH. I pray that it is fully rectified at some point in the future. Old prejudices die hard.

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I agree Sharkman, in fact my wonderful state, Texas, just recogonized PHA this year, long overdue.

new topics

top topics

join