It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are their intentions? What is their purpose?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Something I have been thinking about while reading the forum so I thought I would thread it to see your opinions.

For those of you who are believers, What do you feel is the purpose of the visitations to Earth? Do you feel the visitors will, in time, prove to be hostile or peaceful?

Personally, I feel they are here to document us and see what we are all about. Perhaps feeling us out to see if we are to be befriended, left alone or destroyed.

Also, I feel our first "known" contact will likely be hostile as opposed to friendly. Possibly because of a reaction by our governments to their appearance (IE: us firing on them)

Or perhaps they will make the inhabitants of our planet their "native americans". (befriend us until they have an advantage and then wipe us out)

What do you think?
Jasn

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I think UFO history shows that we've already had hostile contact with UFOs. We've shot at them, other times we tried to shoot at them (via jets) but our missile systems failed. They seem to enjoy buzzing and trailing aircraft, which I find disturbing. Some people have claimed that they shut down some of our other ground based weapons systems, which I find extremely disturbing. Why shut down our weapons, they know we can't catch them.

I can't figure out why they are here for the following reasons :

-Surely they don't have to come so close to earth to simply observe.

-Our sat, radio and other communication types are pretty obvious. Anything with a wide range of spectrum detection should know we got info flying all through the air.

I'm unsure why they haven't gotten a free Geocities account and setup a web site. The internet stores _a lot_ of human knowledge which they could use to understand and communicate with us.

But no, all we get is the creepy aircraft with a light show.

It makes no sense.

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I think any hostility will be instigated by humans, and it probably already has. I dont think there will be, or have been kneejerk reactions to this violence. It does seem just like observation work.

discomfit - you mentioned shutting down weapons, maybe like they say in the Disclosure Project, they are shutting it down because they feel weapons that we possess are dangerous. Not in a 'lets disarm them so they dont kill us' sort of way, but 'lets disarm them so they dont go haywire blowing everything up on earth, and in space'. Disclosure project also mentions that UFO visits became more prominent in the 1930-1940s, thats when it really started happening regularly, and that is really the time that dangerous weaponry was becoming a norm.

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 12:22 AM
link   

discomfit - you mentioned shutting down weapons, maybe like they say in the Disclosure Project, they are shutting it down because they feel weapons that we possess are dangerous. Not in a 'lets disarm them so they dont kill us' sort of way, but 'lets disarm them so they dont go haywire blowing everything up on earth, and in space'. Disclosure project also mentions that UFO visits became more prominent in the 1930-1940s, thats when it really started happening regularly, and that is really the time that dangerous weaponry was becoming a norm.

I don't think our weapons systems pose much of a threat to anyone other than us. Also I don't think this was a friendly gesture of disarming a population too dense to disarm themselves. They do us this favor then hang around all creepy style in the nights sky ?

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by discomfit

I don't think our weapons systems pose much of a threat to anyone other than us. Also I don't think this was a friendly gesture of disarming a population too dense to disarm themselves. They do us this favor then hang around all creepy style in the nights sky ?

maybe they dont want us destroying ourselves

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Personally I think that they put us here in the first place. I feel like our prime directive should be to make sure that our species does not go extinct. If we had the technology and the right intentions, would we not 'seed' other planets?

Maybe we were artificially engineered to thrive in the varying climates of this planet. That would explain the physical differences between Native Americans, Africans, Europeans, Australians, Eskimos, and Asians.

Perhaps the UFOs that we see are just making their rounds to see how all of their colonies are doing.

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by HaveSeen4Myself
Personally I think that they put us here in the first place. I feel like our prime directive should be to make sure that our species does not go extinct. If we had the technology and the right intentions, would we not 'seed' other planets?

Maybe we were artificially engineered to thrive in the varying climates of this planet. That would explain the physical differences between Native Americans, Africans, Europeans, Australians, Eskimos, and Asians.

Perhaps the UFOs that we see are just making their rounds to see how all of their colonies are doing.

Id be pretty annoyed if they put us here. Id prefer it if it was just like crossing a continent, and finding new people, say..Native Indians, but in this case, crossing a planet

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I think these things we call Aliens now are toying with us or appear to be toying with us. They have been interacting with us for thousands of years and the only plausible idea that I can come up with to explain why they send deceptive messages, false prophecies, and inspire religious movements is its part of some behavior modification/social control system. That idea would help explain the contradictions and trickster like behavior. Why there is such a system in place I'm not sure. Maybe were live stock, subjects of a controlled experiment or even a dangerous species in some type of prison or reserve. Who knows.

I highly suggest you check out the research of two astrophysicists Jacques Vallee and J. Allen Hynek.

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I also believe "they" put us here. Why do you think they look so similar to us? Its not because we made "them" up to look like that. Its because "they" made us. Their intentions are unclear, but as someone stated in the movie/documentary "Fastwalkers"....If they were hostile they would have killed us all or made us slaves a long time ago. However, if we didn't know we were slaves, it would make it much easier for "them" to control us. Their purpose is probably scientific or selfish in nature. We are likely just serving some ancient exterrestrial's "divine plan" but for what purpose is impossible to say. If you think about it, I know it sounds depressing but does anything really have a "purpose"? Whats the point? What is the point of anything?

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Well, whatever the case may be, they obviously want us to know that they exist and they do that be showing themselves to us occasionally either on a one to one basis or through mass sightings.

And why do they want us to know that they are there? My guess is that it's a form of control. By letting us know that they are here, they are sending us the BIG message that if we start screwing up BIG TIME, we have to consider that there's an outside force that can jump in at anytime and intervene in one way or another. Their presence serves to remind us of this possibility. The fact that they behave often times in trickster-like ways, also in itself serves as a control mechanism. What that control mechanism is all about is pretty clear.

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 01:22 AM
link   

originally posted by MikeboydUS
I think these things we call Aliens now are toying with us or appear to be toying with us. They have been interacting with us for thousands of years and the only plausible idea that I can come up with to explain why they send deceptive messages, false prophecies, and inspire religious movements is its part of some behavior modification/social control system. That idea would help explain the contradictions and trickster like behavior. Why there is such a system in place I'm not sure. Maybe were live stock, subjects of a controlled experiment or even a dangerous species in some type of prison or reserve. Who knows.

I concur with you Mike. This is not, by any means, their first rodeo. Not to say that we do not have free will. But once you buy into the theory, such a race of beings would likely be capable of terraforming and maintaining total control of many aspects of our planet.

The title track from Styx "The Grand Illusion" along with other songs on that album/CD kind of spell it out.

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Palasheea

And why do they want us to know that they are there? My guess is that it's a form of control. By letting us know that they are here, they are sending us the BIG message that if we start screwing up BIG TIME, we have to consider that there's an outside force that can jump in at anytime and intervene in one way or another. Their presence serves to remind us of this possibility. The fact that they behave often times in trickster-like ways, also in itself serves as a control mechanism. What that control mechanism is all about is pretty clear.

I wholly agree. In the book Daimonic Reality by Patrick Harpur and the book Trickster and the Paranormal by George P. Hannsen one of the ideas they present and I agree with is: It wants us to know It is there and the harder we try to ignore it or disbelieve in it the harder it Presents itself. Its as if It is trying to constantly remind us of our place in reality whether its a bizarre object over LA in 1942 that was lit up by thousands of anti aircraft rounds and not affected or mutilated cattle being discovered within NORAD's perimeter in the 1970s. Its saying hey were here and there is nothing you can do to stop us.

[edit on 28/7/07 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by HaveSeen4Myself

I have to go with a most definitely on that one.

I am also a believer in the planet being "seeded".

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS

I highly suggest you check out the research of two astrophysicists Jacques Vallee and J. Allen Hynek.

This just gave me a thought (strange huh?)...perhaps they are more like us that we realize and we are their own little guinea pig planet. Perhaps all those stories of abductions and medical experiments are true?? They could be using us like we use rats and mice. Hm, who knows?

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 01:38 AM
link   
On casual analysis, it would seem that they would have a reason to 'control' us this way -- and only thing that comes to mind is that this planet and it's atmosphere and physical make-up serves an important function in keeping the physical universe intact in a certain preferable manner. If we continue to pollute and destroy our planet, this this will have significant repercussions on other things in the universe that we humans are totally clueless about at this point in time.

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by SimiusDei

This just gave me a thought (strange huh?)...perhaps they are more like us that we realize and we are their own little guinea pig planet. Perhaps all those stories of abductions and medical experiments are true?? They could be using us like we use rats and mice. Hm, who knows?

I personally think the abductions and "medical" experiments are psychological in nature spreading disinfomation and maintaining a state of fear. From the research Ive done they seem more like instances of torture and terror than medical experimentation. Like their way of letting you know your subject to be taken anywhere at anytime without your consent and be subjected to embarassing, horrifying, and painful experiences.

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Palasheea
On casual analysis, it would seem that they would have a reason to 'control' us this way -- and only thing that comes to mind is that this planet and it's atmosphere and physical make-up serves an important function in keeping the physical universe intact in a certain preferable manner. If we continue to pollute and destroy our planet, this this will have significant repercussions on other things in the universe that we humans are totally clueless about at this point in time.

I often wonder if our species is some kind of potential threat to the rest of the universe or reality. Something like a controlled invasive species. Your idea kind of reminds me of that destructive potential we possess.

[edit on 28/7/07 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 01:57 AM
link   
And can you blame them for thinking this way? Lol... without a doubt, we need to be controlled and even moreso as we become more technologically advanced. I think they are now keeping an extra close eye on us because of the extreme danger we pose to the rest of the universe unless we change our ways but that just ain't gonna happen and they know that.

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 02:13 AM
link   
i think that they are trying to relay a message to us.
whether they are trying to give us a message in advance before something catastrophic happens or whatever...i definately think they're relay'ing something to us.

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I do too. I think it's up to us to interpret that message but once again, they seem to be warning us of something... that's my gut feeling at this present time.

I think we can get some clue of what those warnings are by analyzing ancient end time scenario's in different religions and mythologies...

[edit on 28-7-2007 by Palasheea]

new topics

<<   2 >>

join