It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who should be the lucky (or unlucky) Greeter of ET?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   
When ET arrives who should be the one who greets them, or should there be a team? Should the president or leader of the country ET lands in be the greeter

Who and how many should be on the welcoming commitee if more than one?

I think there should be a team of 4 or 5 people who make the first contact.
Maybe a physicist, medical doctor, biologist, engineer, and im not sure who else.

First impressions can be very important sometimes.

Do you think america already has a plan for first contact in place and ready at all times? Has america already decided who should represent the masses for our first contact?

[edit on 27-7-2007 by earth2]

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 08:49 PM
link   
A translator, maybe they speak Esperanto. But seriously, I dunno, a team of people who arent looking to cut them up to to investigate

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I think it would be important that someone who is a philanthropist lead a team of other philanthropists from the world over be the ones to initially meet the alien travellers.

It is people who care about humanity as a whole who are most qualified. Altruism is the most critical factor if we are to get off on the right foot.

Self serving politicians or clerics of any stripe would only fudge things up with self-serving partisanship, greed or pre-conceived dogmas.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Another Great person to greet ET would be the great Theoretical physicist Michio Kaku. Thats one guy I would like to have on the team.

O yea I think I would like to be on the welcoming commitee also.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Oh, no, really just some homeless people and a couple of drunks there with them. That way, ET won't be irritated because those type of people will find out all about those ETs and take them along to show them the sights and probably ask for some money to just buy some more junk or booze, teaching the ETs how to find things here.

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I think it should be the leader of the UN as this is the closest thign we have to a world Govt if you look at from an ET persepctive. And take along some members of Joe Public too as representatives of the Human race as well as scientists.

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Greet?

What happened to the one that was alive presumably at Roswell? He was probably placed in a cage somewhere and given grits and prunes-
Would "we" be civil?
I'd love to see how the were treated!

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   
We're just doing theory here. Forget about Roswell. I think the meet & greet team would have to be composed of otherwise disinterested parties who would not be prone to capitalize on the event and, if at all possible, be representative of everyone on the planet. In other words, Greer can stay out of it. One person fromm every continent might be the place to start spreading it out.

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
We're just doing theory here. Forget about Roswell. I think the meet & greet team would have to be composed of otherwise disinterested parties who would not be prone to capitalize on the event and, if at all possible, be representative of everyone on the planet. In other words, Greer can stay out of it. One person fromm every continent might be the place to start spreading it out.

Good luck finding this guy. Every jerk-off with cash has an agenda.

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   
It'll probably be someone like henry kissinger, seeing as hes in everything. Only joking, i do not expect the alien thing to come to light, for a good few years yet. If it ever happens in your life, just remember that for it to happen, everyone on earth must be totally controlled. So if it happens you know that you do not have any free thought anymore.

Would guess the nsa have dealt with this problem already and kissinger probably has stuff on this already, knowing that he is into everything.

[edit on 7/28/2007 by andy1033]

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I think a civilian should be the first to greet an ET. Someone with an open mind and a calm demenor (perferably someone who doesn't have National Security on thier mind). But to be honest with you, theres nothing we can do about first impressions anymore!!! This question is some what arelavint, being that "we" ( and when I say we I mean the american government ) have "ALREADY" established contact with ET's and have "ALREADY" captured UFO's and proformed reverse engineering! I dont understand the stupidity of the american government! We have weapons in space SHOOTING AT UFO'S! Ok I could understand the need to keep certain issues secret from the public, but shooting at UFOs and ETs is the stupidest thing I have ever witnessed. These beings have the power to destroy our world in the blink of an eye, but fortunatley for us they are eons more advanced than us in spirituality and awareness of the universe! I have the upmost respect for ETs and I think everyone on this planet should because For 1. They've disarmed hundreds of our nuclear missels

Robert Mack
www.rmackbooks.com
Peace, love, and zion

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   
So the assumption is "they are here".

They must have arranged a meet previous to this "meet up" through whatever means (most likely ATS member discovered drone steganographics). OK, fair enough.

Our species then assemble a "today's" serious volunteer group of those "we humans" would wish to be represented by, and carry the hopes and aspirations of our "type" in an initial cross-species cross-cultural parley. Let's say covering 12 or so pertinent classic human diciplines at the heights of human performance. OK.

In full knowledge of the positive and less positive potential outcomes,
my complete strategic and tactical list in no particular order of preference in case of a postive or less positive outcome:

Stephen Hawking, Wangari Muta Maathai, The 14th Dalai Lama Of Tibet, and Linda Buck.

I'd also take a few other prudent measures...

Cheers,

Vic

[edit on 28-7-2007 by V Kaminski]

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Henry Kissanger !!! Nice one !!!

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Are we talking if there was a planned meet? Like if they set a time of day kinda thing.Or if they just landed in the park and a buncha people just standing around deciding who the heck should go up to the craft. Any how i would say a young child should go. Not alone ofcourse but they have been known to treat young children alot better then say your average abductee. And the child mind is alot more open to stuff.

new topics

top topics

join