It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(MSDWC) The Mid Summer Dream Writing Contest

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Hi antar... i was posting from my sons computer in Toronto, but now I'm about 3 hours travel time due west.

No rest for the wicked

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 11:54 PM
link   
To all the fine writers here on ATS: Great Work!!!!!! I have enjoyed these stories so much. I am amazed at the level of talent among our members.

I have read every story submitted in this contest, and I can say from the bottom of my heart that there are no losers. I don't know who the eventual winner will be, but I feel like I won, just due to having the chance to read this great collection of fiction.

I hope there will be a lot more of these stories by everyone, as they were a joy to read. (I would give a big
to you all, but after reading Don Wahn's story, that might not work out too well.
)

Thank you all for the pleasurable reading.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Just wanted to let everyone know that Libra (a very close friend of mine) called tonight and told me to let you all know that he is now the proud Father of SEXTUPLETS!!! Yes it is confirmed and although it came as a complete surprise to everyone Mama and babies are all very healthy and doing just fine. Libra however has been taken to the psych ward for continued observation. He also said that in the event that he wins the contest he would be pleased to disperse his winnings among all of the forum members in ATS,BTS and PTS.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I would have to add 10/10 to antar for at least trying HAHAHA

Nice one.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Congratulations, thelibra!

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Flatwoods

Well, congrats are in order all around. But lets keep in mind that thelibra's contribution to this affair is nine months past. Congratulations to MOM!!!!

Though DAD has every reason to be proud and happy as well. The question now is will the new arrival bear the initials ATS?

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Well it's mid week???? Where is everyone? Did I kill THIS thread too???masqua? are you here? Helloooo, can anyone hear me? Testing one two three... Well trigger lets head back to the barn, no one showed up for the rodeo. ( hangs her head low and slowly walks into the sunset *sniffle*)...

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Howdy everyone!!!

Thank you all for the congrats, and I just popped in for a second to say that it's a healthy, happy boy!!!

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by thelibra

Awesome dude, congrats to you, mum and the little one. Life will never be the same, (in a good way), trust me.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Absolutely AWE-SOME.

Congratulations Libra.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 08:53 PM
link   

A big Congratulations!!!! Ain't it great?? I know you are so proud and happy.

I would say "keep up the good work", but that may not be in the wife's plans.

Joy and the very best wishes to you all.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 09:43 PM
link   

What a beautiful picture Libra, you and your precious son look so much alike. Blessings and much love to you all.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 11:29 PM
link   

HUGE congrats to Daddy and Mommy AND big hugs to baby!! I wish you the very very best and a long life of happiness with your new baby - who won't a baby very long hehehe

MANY MANY more

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 06:48 AM
link   
First of all, congratulations to thelibra for the birth of his baby boy. What a lovely picture!!! Suitable for framing, for sure.

But, I know you have all been waiting patiently for the results, so it's back to the contest...

This was not an easy one to judge since they were ALL great contributions to the fantasy genre. I want to thank everyone who contributed for their efforts and there will be extra bonus points handed out for those who, although they did not wind up in the winners circle, still deserve to win something.

The creativity displayed in this contest is the stuff Science Fiction and Fantasy novelists make their bread and butter on. In my opinion, there were no losers in this contest.

However difficult it has been, 5 must be chosen and so... the winners are;

1rst- (MSDWC) NEWFALL Essedarius
2nd- (MSDWC) The 99th Entity Flatwoods
3rd- (MSDWC) The Truth Revealed At Last IsaacKoi
4rth- (MSDWC) Caged thelibra
5th- (MSDWC) 404 pt1 budski

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Congratulations to the winners!!!

I've read each and every story, and let me tell you...there was some pretty hefty competition!

ATS writers are continually raising the bar with exceptional and diverse qualities of penmanship. You are all inspirations to me!

Congrats all around, for work Very well done!

[edit on 6-9-2007 by TheDuckster]

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Congratulations to all of the winners. And to all who entered, thanks for
the entertainment. I enjoyed reading all of the stories. Technically,
because of you, I wouldn't have to buy another book ever.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Congratulations to each and every one of you who entered, it was a joy to read through all the stories submitted. It was especially pleasing to have some newcomers entering, keep em' coming guy's.

Props to Essedarius, your a true talent my friend.

I'll be waiting with baited breath for the next contest, you've all inspired me.

mojo

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Thankyou ATS and the MSDWC for having made this honor possible! I am truly in the company of some of the greatest and best that our genre has to offer. I have said it before and I will say it again, I am just glad that I decided to enter this contest and not judge it Lol! I have enjoyed all of the stories so much and actually went back and reread them all. Thank you masqua for all of your help to get my entry to the site, I could not have done it without your help and friendship. Congratulations to all of the winners as well and until next time, Tally ho!

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Great contest everybody.

I appreciate the nod from the judges...I think we all are well aware that the top 5 could be listed in any order and be equally valid.

Keep writing...the sky's the limit for this forum.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Hey Ess...congrats buddy!!
Why am I the only one who flagged your story??!!

Also another huge congrats to thelibra!! As another poster before me said, time will definitely slip through your fingers now with such speed. So enjoy that first year and commit it all to memory!!

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join