It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(MSDWC) The Mid Summer Dream Writing Contest

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by thelibra
"Sir Apropos of Nothing" (also by Peter David). It's great.
It's a fairy tale, told from a whole new perspective.

Going to look out for it. Definitely need to get reading again - work and family has been the thief of time hehehe

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Tell, you what then, I'll resubmit it later today as a normal post.

I'll see if I can get something storywise together for the contest too - still got 11 days so it should be doable.

Take care folks.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Well, I just finished my entry and posted it.

The name of the story is Caged. I hope you enjoy it.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Thanks for the fun read, thelibra.

I must have some of those parasites in my brain too, because I heard my tomato and pepper plants screaming for some water this morning. They never shut up until I finished my brekkie and hosed them down.

Had chicken embryo for breakfast too.

Upon reflection, we now know the answer to that great conundrum; which came first, the chicken or the egg.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 05:16 AM
link   
I have to agree with masqua. Very good reading.

Can we please have thelibra disqualified because he is a mod and talks to plants. We KNOW that is not healthy!!

But in reality, damn good story.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Heheheh... Thanks for the compliments!

It's true, I'm a mod. That might very well disqualify me.

However, I definitely don't talk to houseplants. I yell at them. Usually it's something like "quit stealing my damn chickens, you're just a stupid plant!"

And then they get all sad and mopey, but you have to defend what's yours, you know?

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Being a mod does not disqualify you. Only being a judge does.

Your entry will be judged on its creative merits and has nothing to do with your moderator status. Just as moderators have opinions the same as members and have full rights to express them, so do you have the right to excercise your creativity.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
Just as moderators have opinions the same as members

Since when!!

Judging by some of the threads in BBQ lately you shouldn't be entitled to any. Grrrr.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Hey Libra were they going to join your character with a female on the planet to make more humans? And if so what does the chick look like that is awaiting him on the planet? And what if you had said you were vegetarian? I had a bad day today but your story really made my night!

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 11:20 PM
link   

I fully agree
i was just pulling thelibra's leg. Mods are people too hehehe and just cos the person is a mod does not mean they have to sit on the side lines
As was mentioned by the 3 amigoes, think it was SO, mods have opinions too. (or was it simon - can't remember - but i read it hehehe)

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Not long to go, and some great stories submitted - I've really enjoyed this contest, both the writing and the reading

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 10:32 AM
link   

w00t! You never know, cause in some contests, mods can't play.

Originally posted by antar
Hey Libra were they going to join your character with a female on the planet to make more humans? And if so what does the chick look like that is awaiting him on the planet? And what if you had said you were vegetarian? I had a bad day today but your story really made my night!

Thanks for the compliment! To answer your questions... I've had a few people ask me to continue the story... but it wouldn't be fair for me to do so before the end of the contest. I'll work on it in the meantime, and then once all the doodads, the what-nots, and the flibbity-jibbities have been sorted out, I'll post the next chapter, or something. Assuming I can come up with a decent continuation.

Originally posted by shearder
I fully agree
i was just pulling thelibra's leg. Mods are people too hehehe

I am not. I am a stabbing-robot!

Originally posted by budski
Not long to go, and some great stories submitted - I've really enjoyed this contest, both the writing and the reading

Me too. I keep desperately trying to get a few minutes to read all the other entries, and every time I try, something else pops up. I'm going to try really hard to read the others today. I really dig these contests. I'm a voracious reader, and love new content.

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by thelibra

Originally posted by shearder
I fully agree
i was just pulling thelibra's leg. Mods are people too hehehe

I am not. I am a stabbing-robot!

Ok i retract the "Mods are people too" statement

I honestly didn't know

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I tend only to write non-fiction, but I thought I'd give this competition a go. There's something about a competition that I find rather compelling...

Anyway, I've now posted The Truth Revealed At Last. I hope you enjoy it.

I'll admit I've decided that it would be rather nice to have the "Writer" title in my profile...

All the best,

Isaac Koi

[edit on 29-8-2007 by IsaacKoi]

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Issac Koi , Your story is very interesting and timely. I think that it is a non fiction and that you are the main character.

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Wow. I'm impressed beyond words at the quality of the submissions.

I've got a nice pot of coffee brewing, there's a summer rainstorm on the horizon, and it's my day off.

Perfect timing.

Thanks to everyone for sharing your talents!

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Issac Koi , Your story is very interesting and timely.

Thanks. I'm glad you thought so.

I think that it is a non fiction and that you are the main character.

"No comment".

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   
masqua, glad I could U2U you finally its been crazy round here. Now do the MSDWC writers know that the winner will be recieving an additional cash bonus of 1,ooo? Or will you wait to spring that on them tomorrow? Let me know as I will have to make the transfer before 5. Thanks call me!

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Very... interesting , antar

Nice bump though.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 12:51 PM
link   
evil ain't I , heheheh, seriously best wishes on the judging, I'm glad I'm in and not judging it!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join