It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(MSDWC) The Mid Summer Dream Writing Contest

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Bonus...

Looking forward to reading, as long as it doesn't include the last four lines of that limerick.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 07:47 AM
link   
AAAAAaaaaaaaaaggghhhhhh... yeah can you imagine building a story around THAT limerick!! LOL
But hey, the more the merrier.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by shearder
AAAAAaaaaaaaaaggghhhhhh... yeah can you imagine building a story around THAT limerick!! LOL

I imagine it would read a lot like the first chapter to Peter David's The Woad to Wuin.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I thought Elmer Fudd wrote that???

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I can't believe I didn't realize there was a writing contest going on right now!! I'm ashamed of myself!

I'm gonna have to get moving to make that August 31 deadline! Shouldn't be too much trouble though. I'll get right on that!

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by thelibra

The Woad to Wuin.

looks like a book i need to read hehehe

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by shearder
looks like a book i need to read hehehe

Definitely you want to read the first book in the series first
"Sir Apropos of Nothing" (also by Peter David). It's great.
It's a fairy tale, told from a whole new perspective.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Just wanted to comment about all of the truly great story submissions! Seems every one I read is my favorite. I had considered helping you masqua and reading, but now I am glad I didn't because it would be very hard to decide. Can't wait for more submissions to read.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Wait no longer, antar...

Enjoy reading the fine story submitted by Don Wahn in script form.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I was wondering if anyone would use the CARET probes as a subject for a story...

Nice entry, Flatwoods.

A 'half-nelson' gripper with a devilish twist.

For those members who may be interested in writing a story and wish to read what's been submitted, go here to check them out

[edit on 18/8/07 by masqua]

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736
Since I am not going to be entering this contest, I will throw out an idea someone could use.

How about a story from the viewpoint of an internet hoaxer

NGC....hope you don't mind that I have taken the liberty of using this idea for my story. However, the tale keeps growing legs and i just hope I will get it in before the deadline! I'm insanely jealous of those of you who have spare time to write.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Flatwoods I thoroughly enjoyed your story! masqua I think it is going to be very difficult to judge these stories. One thing I can say is that I am learning from the best here! Thanks to all.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by sdp333

I am honored that you think the story idea is of merit. As a past winner of these contests, I look forward to how you will handle the idea, and where you will take the concept.

I have been reading all the stories as they come out, and all I can say is WOW!!

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Thanks for the positive feedback Maqua, Antar. I agree that this is turning out to be a fine contest with many superb, top-notch entries, so may the best storyteller win!

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Sorry, duplicate post.

[edit on 19-8-2007 by Flatwoods]

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Hello all, just dropped my poem into the contest mix.

Check it out and any criticisms, just let me have it.

I'd have loved to write a sonnet to the UFO and Aliens forum but because of the character limit it wasn't possible.

Anyway, whine over, and I'm loving what of read of the existing entries. Good job guys. Making me feel rather weedy for adding a silly little poem.

Take care

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   
It was a pleasant surprise to see a poem penned specifically for this contest, but I'm sorry to say that it didn't meet the first rule of the contest at only just over 2500 characters...

RULES

1) Story MUST contain 15,000 characters or more.
2) Story MUST follow all T&C rules
3) Title must contain (MSDWC)
4) 1 entry per member

Not to worry... IF you can add another 12,500 characters to your submission. Just post a continuation, in any form of writing, onto the poem thread and I'll 'top it' into the contest.

Thank you for the poem, though... it was an interesting read.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   
My bad - I misread the character limits.

In view though, short is sweet when it comes to poetry so I'll just slip away and wait for next time.

Cheers...

'interesting' is a very interesting word... lol

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by more_serotonin_pls
'interesting' is a very interesting word... lol

Yes... it is. In relation to your poem, it meant that I was interested in responding to it, but held off in case you wanted to add onto it for a contest submission.

Unfortunately, I see you have deleted it already.

In case you didn't know, I have a particular fondness for that form of writing, so, hopefully you have saved the original somewhere...

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 10:26 PM
link   
When I read the 'interesting' comment I planned to jump over and read it... Oh well maybe it could be resubmitted? I love poetry to masqua.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join