It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wow ats shame

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Looks like the Mods were just doing their Jobs. People were violating the T&C's in a thread you started, so they ended it. End if Discussion.

JUST RELAX, do as KingLizard said. Just get Away from your PC, you sound angry, or maybe a little depressed. If you need to talk, U2U me.

[edit on 29-7-2007 by Ford Farmer]

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I read Rasobasi's first reply to your topic in your thread and it was fair.

There have been a few threads discussing the medicinal benefits of marijuana (I actually replied in one) that aren't closed and that the mods actually take part in. As Raso said you can say "Marijuana is beneficial" but you can't say "We should all smoke marijuana because its beneficial," which your first post sounds like (to me anyway) its saying.

It's against the T&C to advertise marijuana or recommend it to people, but your allowed to debate the subject objectively. Think of it like murder. You could discuss the motivation behind murder, the punishment for it etc etc but you can't advocate it.

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I'll tell ya what. I had a whole thread tossed in the trash bin for saying I thought my habit was interfering with my paranormal studies.

Meh, T&C. I didn't even get a "warn" flag. They just crumpled it up and threw it away. It really didn't bother me. I understood that I broke a few rules after the fact, I read the T&C regarding my "topic" and, sure enough, I was in the wrong.

Two days ago, I got a U2U from a moderator saying a post I made in January was edited due to T&C rules regarding personal drug use. I went and read the thread, laughed at what I probably said...and didn't think twice about it. I was wrong. I broke the rules. I effed up.

No red flag, no threats of banning. It was okay. Again, I'll live.

Be a stand up guy by saying "Okay, in YOUR house there are certain rules I promise to live by as long as I'm under your roof." and be done with it.

Honestly, I agree on the whole with you. Personal experiences DO matter and they SHOULD BE TALKED ABOUT...just not here. Not at ATS. Not in THEIR forum. They said no.

My $.02
Cuhail

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
Just take a deep breath and maybe take a nice walk outside and admire the beauty of the world. That has a way of putting things into perspective.

I agree with Kinglizard. If you are that bent up about ATS closing your pot thread, then you have much bigger issues at hand. It is most likely that you violated the T's and C's, hence your thread being closed.

Take KL's advice and just go outside and realize that there are much greater things in life than having your thread closed. Pick a new topic and go to town...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join