It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IMPORTANT: ATS Server Transition - Saturday, July 28th

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Depending on the results of load testing this evening, we're planning to move the sites to a new server cluster tomorrow morning (Saturday 9-12 AM EST).

During our transition time, the websites will still be accessible, however new posts, new threads, new U2U's, and new membership registration will be disabled. This is to ensure a smooth move of the database to the new database server.

Initially, we're only moving www.AboveTopSecret.com, wwwBelowTopSecret.com, and www.AbovePolitics.com. Eventually, other services such as upload and podcasting will also be moved to the new servers.

The biggest change from our current structure is that posts and threads in AbovePolitics.com and BelowTopSecret.com will be in a /forum/ subdirectory just like ATS is now. This is to simplify a unified code-base across all websites on our new load-balanced server cluster.

As we complete the transition, some minor features, images, or links may be broken in the new code (a significant amount of rewriting took place to accommodate the latest and greatest hardware/services). Some of these are known and can't properly be adjusted until after the live sites are on the new servers. If you encounter anything you believe to be an error we should know about, please post it in this thread.

Depending on your computer's security or browser settings, you may need to log-in to the new servers once the change is complete. Please make sure you know your account password.

Hopefully... all goes well.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Those magic words ... Well, here goes nothing ...

I, for one, hope that the transition takes place in as transparent a manner as possible. Any remaining errors, ghosts and or transient apparitions can be worked out in the long haul ... as the unfortunate binary Medusas rear their ugly l'il heads.

Make 'er so ... SO

[edit: speeling :shk:]

[edit on 27-7-2007 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Will the thread views return?
I guess ill just sleep in since there will be no posting for 3 hours.

Im cool with that. Hope all goes smooth.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 08:41 PM
link   
ok so tomorrow morning from 9:00 to 12:00 pm, right?

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Here's to a smooth transition.
And, I may even get some gardening done on a Saturday morning, get the car washed, run a few errands.
For a change

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Hopefully??? Well Bon voyage to us all may we safely land on a coast of greater pastures.
I too can do some handy work instead of observing, perhaps have fun with tax regulations.
No I'm not kidding.

I trust our "Over Lords and Ladies" "Creators" and "Super Beings".
Is it just "Creator" ?

Have fun
WIS

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by earth2
Will the thread views return?

That's what I wanted to know too!

Jeeez. Is this a one line post?

OK, so Would the thread views return??

Cheers!

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Thanks mightily, Skeptic, for the timely important news! I won't get all freaked out and run around in circles Saturday morning. Although, as I read, and I'm sure you simplified it as best you can for IT simpletons like me, it was like this...blah blah blah post thread blah blah blah computer blah password...

Anyway, congratulations on new server clusters and hope all goes well. Will keep fingers crossed; my wires are already crossed.

Hmmmm, yes, what to do during that time...hmmmm...talk with friends and family...how novel!

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Thanks for the heads-up on the mx window, S.O.

And good luck with the server transition.

I'm sure it will go as planned

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I might toy around a bit tonight, but I've decided to enter a sleep cycle that includes the transition period. You all party on, but I'll sleep through the transition.

I hope all goes well, I'll take a look at it all when I crawl out of my coffin.

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 02:24 AM
link   
wait, so, we won't be able to post, until the transition is completed... and we're to post any issues we encounter here?

... will this particular thread be hosted outside of the transition?

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Some here speak of "chores" and "errands", and of strange new places that exist in a world you call "outside"?

Can someone post a link to that alternate reality?

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 03:24 AM
link   
its always good news to know you need to use a cluster to ease the load

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 06:12 AM
link   
It'll be worse for the mods, imo. Members can read threads, but not reply to them. But mods can read threads, but not act on them. Much worse, imo. But I might be biased...

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Bring it on.

The Ascension of ATS is underway

As we cross the E-Galactic Plane, all members are requested to sit lotus-position for 3 hours while concentrating in front of their computer screens and repeating "Give it to me, give it to me" over and over.

Or, you can go out for a beer, take a walk, bike-ride, say hi to your neighbours, etc.

The outcome will be the same regardless.

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 07:35 AM
link   
And the truth has to be in here somewhere, so now is a perfect time to look for it. Read... read... lots of reading...

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I found one glitch, can't see any posts in this thread.

Paranormal Studies » criss angel discussion...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 28/7/2007 by Sauron]

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Another glitch, the thread Romanian gipsy newest moneymaking idea at the seaside appears on myATS in the "Aliens & UFOs" forum, when it belongs to AbovePolitics/Social Issues forum.

When I went to AbovePolitics to see if the thread was there, all forums initial page direct me to a "Not Found" page. The address bar shows that the address lacks the "/forum" that was supposed to be added to the addresses, but the link on the "AbovePolitics" home page is right.

Explaining it better, if I click the link to any forum on the AbovePolitics home, althouhg the link says, for example "www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/108/pg1/srtpages", the page that appears is "www.abovetopsecret.com/108/pg1/srtpages". If I add the "/forum" to the address it shows the forum.

I hope you understand all this attempt to explain what I see.

Edit: OK, the first part is working as it should now, that thread disappeared from the "Aliens & UFOs" forum on myATS, but the problem with the AbovePolitics links remains.

[edit on 28/7/2007 by ArMaP]

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Is it me or are the avatar boxes on some of the ATS boards extremely wide?

Huh. Never mind. I went back to the thread it happened in, and it is normal now.

Must be one of those wrinkles that needed ironing and SO used some spray starch.

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   
The ATS Recent Post page is all weird...

Forum names aren't shown so it throws it all off

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join