It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do you think UFOs so often have prominent lights?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Just some of my own thoughts on the subject.

From an Earthly point of view, lights are on a vehicle for basically two reason,to see or to be seen. Now if the wanted to be seen they could just land on the Whitehouse lawn and take there six-legged dog for a walk or just land at any highly populated area not hover several hundred/thousand feet in the air.

The fact that they are aliens leads be to presume that light or faster than light travel should be at there disposal, in that case headlights are'nt gonna do them much good! and while they are hovering up there, studying cloud formations at close quarters with little dinky lights seems a hell of a waste of a journey. And to be honest a technoligically advanced race is'nt going to use something as crude as light to navigate.

Which only leaves propulsion residue, but there is a snag there in my theory, again if they didn't want to be seen then i would of thought that the designer of these craft could vent the residue up rather than down.

So my own conclusion is that anything with lights that are not all encompassing i.e. plasma, are of earthly design, but thats just my opinion.

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Why wouldn't secret military craft have lights?

Who says they're even lights? It could be part of the propulsion system.

Why wouldn't they use light to try and get us to notice them?

If they exist and are billions of years ahead of us, that doesn't mean they still wouldn't need light. Cavemen used fire to light up the darkness years ago and we still use it in that manner and we also have flashlights

Remember light travels very fast. Fiber optics for example uses light to transmit data at high speeds. There's the theory that we got that technology from alien technology. Not saying it's true that's where it came from, but if it is then right there is a great example of aliens using light.

Ever met an alien? Then how do you know if they use light or not? Here's another theory. Maybe they can't see well? Just because they're aliens from another planet, that doesn't mean they have perfect vision.

The whole question sounds pretty stupid to me actually. You're just assuming lights on any kind of alien craft are being used to help them see or help them land. It can be used for other things as well. Just because something is bright or has color to it and is on the bottom of a weird looking craft, doesn't mean it's light.

[edit on 28-7-2007 by nightmare_david]

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Well, the answer is very easy:

In order to make fast turns and fly at very very high speed they need to transform all matter (their ship) into some form of light, otherwise the UFO inmates would be crushed to mashed potatos.

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Some use lights for aesthetic reasons,some use lights in order not to get hit by other craft (including other UFOs), some are lighted due to their propulsion, and some do not use lights...but you might not have noticed all the craft that dont use lights because they dont use lights.

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 12:52 PM
link   
What I am about to say does not count for 100% of UFOs. It doesn't count for some very good triangle shots that have even illuminated the bottom of the craft. Many 'lights' could be a byproduct of the propulsion systems, as has been stated here a few times already.

But the majority of lights can be explained as airplanes. Yes, really. Gottigo (Francine) is probably the extreme example here of taking obvious shots of airplanes, tower lights, and car headlights on a hill by her apartment and continually proclaiming UFOs. For a fun time goto YouTube and searc or her. There have been a few parodies of her videos made that are hilarious. A fairly recent spate of sightings over the Great Lakes were aircraft landing. One proclaimed UFO here on ATS within the last couple of months (I'll NEVER find it!) was an obvious landing airplane. When you looked at the video you could even see the wings! If the resolution had been better you could have read the tail logo. Red & green lights are wing lights. A pulsating white light is usually a strobe to avoid collisions. Bright white: Landing.

Just to bracket this for the inevitable "It can't be" response, I'm not saying ALL sightings can be attributed to airplanes. Far from it. Besides, technically they are UFOs if you don't know what they are anyway. I am saying that if you assumed a possible airplane as an explanation instead of assumed every light in the sky means a space ship, the number of reports would be cut in half.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join