It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Templar knight hidden in Leonardo's "Last Supper"!?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I must say this stuff is really compelling. I've been looking through all the pics available and one must agree there are some anomalities to be found. I myself saw something rather disturbing, maybe it's just another 'pony', but hey, I'm gonna share it anyway. In the mirrored version I can see a really creapy sick smiling face. Like someone evil who is enjoying what is about to happen with Jesus... This is a big contrast with the overall sence of drama this painting emits. Sorry if this is nothing, but it just got me wondering...

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 11:23 AM
link   
There seems to be a guy directly behind the Jesus figure central to the table, pointing one figure AT Jesus and one figure UPWARD. Also Jesus seems to be (if you take it at a stretch and incorporate both the guy pointing up and Jesus) "As Above, So Below" with his hands pointing downwards.

Weird, and he's become very feminine (Jesus) in the mirrored image, anyone notice that?

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   
If it helps any, I can say that it does look like the squire/knight uniform worn by those in the Crusades as per books like Osprey's Men at Arms, Armies of the Crusades #75.

Its a book for modellers/figure painters, so they have historical, as accuarate as possible pictures of the uniforms and gear worn by the knights (I think they do a Templar book too, I'll look through my library, probably got it somewhere).

The headpiece and cloak are very reminiscent of the type worn by Templars and other monastic-militant orders of the time. Saying that, late-Roman and Saracen clothing is similar in appearance, so it may just be a style of riding cloak and leather hauberk (I think its a hauberk on his head I'm not ofey with the technical terms of the headgear) he and people in the area would wear.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by subz
OK, this isn't a hard concept. We're not talking about smudges or blobs that look like dogs with rabbit ears if you squint your eye and look on a Tuesday. I've made a quick example image of you peoples favourite comparison of clouds being mirrored and I've added a random geometric shape mirrored and put them next to the only effect I consider to be probable that its occurance is not accidental.

If you can sit there and compare the cloud and the random shape to the image we are referring to as a 'Knight' please do so! Then at least I can stop wasting my time replying to such close minded persons.

Totally baffled as to what point you're trying to make, the post you made after that one was equally confusing. The cloud pic you posted is neat though, you said it's mirror layered like the Davinci pics. I can see three different faces in those clouds! One looks like he's wearing a ten gallon cowboy hat even... Neat stuff

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by subz
OK, this isn't a hard concept. We're not talking about smudges or blobs that look like dogs with rabbit ears if you squint your eye and look on a Tuesday. I've made a quick example image of you peoples favourite comparison of clouds being mirrored and I've added a random geometric shape mirrored and put them next to the only effect I consider to be probable that its occurance is not accidental.

If you can sit there and compare the cloud and the random shape to the image we are referring to as a 'Knight' please do so! Then at least I can stop wasting my time replying to such close minded persons.

Hi subz-

I agree, they are not the same thing. . .

Mirror images in clouds are not what people are referring to. The mind's ability to see familiar objects, nephelococcygia, has nothing to do with mirror images superimposed over eachother to produce a familiar object. They are in plain view for all to see using nothing more than sight & imagination.

The mirrored geometric shape is nothing more than that. Although the geometry could be manipulated such that it produced a familiar object. An example of this would be paper folding & cutting, ( Origami, Kirigami, etc. ). Therefore even though this is a different technique that the one proposed in this thread, they are similar in result.

I am skeptical that Da Vinci created these images by design for the following reasons & questions;

If this is indeed a Templar Knight then where is his coat of arms? The single most defining icon of a Templar! I find it hard to believe that Da Vinci would leave this out after leading us down such a painstaking & complex avenue to view it in the first place.

It looks similar to a knight, but why does it have to be a Templar? Isn't that still " seeing stuff in the clouds " again? Seems too convenient to do so. . .

The non-traditional painting, ( oils on dry plaster rather that the traditional fresco method of painting on wet plaster ), resides on a wall in a dining room of a convent. Therefore not many people would see it except the Dominican monks. How would they produce the mirror image & superimpose it upon itself? Is there any record of them having any instruction to do so? And if they were not instructed to do so, was this just done for Da Vinci's own amusement? Who was his intended audience?

This was done on a computer! I may be wrong, but are there ANY past records of these anomalies before the computer age??? Yet there are many historical accounts of the holy grail possibly being Christ's bloodline and not a cup, that Mary Magdalene was possibly the wife of Jesus & the mother of his child, and that the Templar Knights possibly kept these facts hidden from the church. These beliefs have been handed down over the centuries. The Templars were real. . . They were not divulged one day by someone messing around with images on a PC.

Just my $.02. . .

I have any open mind about this & still could be swayed with the right facts, but I'm still leaning towards imagination by the beholded in this case. Great thread!

***EDIT TO ADD***

Forgot to mention the most important part of my rant. . . What we are looking at is not the original painting by Da Vinci. It has been completely retouched & repainted over the centuries! The egg yoke & oil paint started falling off the wall in chunks almost immediately after it was completed.

You can read about it here

Therefore we have no idea whether or not this was designed by Da Vinci, by someone else, or by chance. . .

2PacSade-

[edit on 30-7-2007 by 2PacSade]

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Hi all, I was following this thread since yesterday with much interest.

But I have downloaded a Mona Lisa and a Da Vinci Self portrait and tried to do the same stuff as with the Last Supper; check what I came up with:

I don't think he did it by coincidence......

He did it with more of his paintings. Yes he was a Master, he knew some of the secret teachings ........

Just incredible. no??

[edit on 31-7-2007 by Spidersnarf]

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Good pictures there.
I found something interesting in the pic that Earth posted on page one.
I noticed the triangle in jesus but i saw something else,
to me it looks like Davincis Vetrvian man on top of a flaming chariot and the parting of the waves underneath.And the knight appears to be holding a scroll (dead sea?).Maybe im seeing things that are not there but i found by zooming in on jesus that the things i described lose clarity.
Can anybody else see the Vetruvian man?(the red area on jesus).
Also just above that i see a grail that looks shadowy with a pentagram? inside it.Wish i could post this pic ive got.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 06:56 AM
link   
interesting thread.

I did see the knight in the left pillar and at the end of the table.

Not sure about figure being strangled though.

Did see something else that was strange though... the centre figure joined looked like a female. Where the breast plate is, it certainly looks like breasts. Did anyone else see that?

oh and can someone please edit the pic sizes... yanno 512 by whatever... please Moderators

[edit on 31-7-2007 by NJE777]

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 07:56 AM
link   
HOLY #!

Look at the picture imposition on the top of the page, if you look at Jesus chest where the action is, you'll see:

1. The 'Devil' image floating ABOVE Jesus (inside Jesus chest area)
2. A mini Jesus that is in the same postural position, actually looks like he's meditating to be honest.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I also have another pic .If you reverse the image so that its a negative(light for dark,dark for light)on the left i can see 3 hands holding a snake and the white area under the table is then dark and looks kind of spooky
(like an entrance to a dark place) and the hands holding jesus look like they are coming through the table from that dark place

The pillars in the background look like stonehenge to me.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spidersnarf
Hi all, I was following this thread since yesterday with much interest.

But I have downloaded a Mona Lisa and a Da Vinci Self portrait and tried to do the same stuff as with the Last Supper; check what I came up with:

*** PICS removed to shrink quote ***

I don't think he did it by coincidence......

He did it with more of his paintings. Yes he was a Master, he knew some of the secret teachings ........

Just incredible. no??

I guess I must be missing something. What's so incredible about the pics you altered? What hidden objects & messages do you see in them?

Don't you think this effect would produce the same result with other artist's paintings? With a photograph for that matter? It's very similar to a kaliedoscope effect. See any strange objects produced in these pics?

2PacSade-

[edit on 31-7-2007 by 2PacSade]

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Subz

You asked me to provide evidence that The Last Supper had been changed over time? There's at least one 'minor' change that's impossible to deny. LdV didn't paint his masterpiece around a door...that was added somewhere in the mid-1600's, and removed a chunk of the original composition.

News article that mentions some of the changes over time

Damage over time also mentioned here

I could get more links, but you get the idea, I think.

Could there be a visual message there? Sure. Almost anything is possible. How likely is it, though?

As for a difference between playing mirror games with The Last Supper, and playing similar games with cloud photos....you might be surprised at the response if you took that composited cloud picture and posted it alongside an entry claiming to see faces (or creatures, or whatever). Suggestion has drawn at least as many pictures as da Vinci ever did.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Off the topic but had to add this...
All the jazz about a Holy Grail is just that - check this out

www.lifetechnology.org...

I bought one of these just to see if what they say is true, and the stone actually does give off some sort of vibration. While I cant say it transformed me spriitually, I can say I could acutally feel a buzzing effect that almost made me dizzy. It lasted for about 4 hours.

One other thing that has happened since I began carrying the stone with me... Several years ago I lost over 70% hearing in one ear and used to suffer from dizzy spells that would last up to 2 hours at a time. I litterally could not walk for fear of falling and could not focus to see either. Since I began keeping the stone with me I have not suffered from these attacks since.

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 04:47 AM
link   

I guess I must be missing something. What's so incredible about the pics you altered? What hidden objects & messages do you see in them?

Well, ... I found it pretty interesting to see that Leonardo's work is kinda wierd, in a way how people here mirror the last supper and see new images in the result.
With his self portrait you get a frontal view of the drawing when you do the Last Supper-trick on it, ... while the normal drawing is slightly to the right-looking. This is not done by coincidence is my opinion.

I don't see any hidden objects in those, and also no message's. Just a simple view that the image is not totally distorted when you put a mirrored version over the original, but more a whole NEW image.

I just posted those 2 excamples, to show that in Leonardo's work, he often used the same "trick" so to speak. that's all.

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 05:15 AM
link   
i see a challice here many other crazy things but too much "want interference"

i want to see something so trhe brain makes it out of the pixels crazy

is hard to define anything. you'd need a real recent high def picture and monitor to do it properly. the closer you go the more you will see.

don't trust your eyes.

way cool though

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I would agree that LDV's intelligence was overwhelming, but I think the paintings are just that.... paintings.

If you reverse the image of any picture, you would more than likely find something that resembles what you want to see.

Sorry, just not seeing anything that could'nt beyond a doubt be construed as something else.

Was the reverse technology even available to him at that time?

He would have to have to do at least two 'identical' paintings in order to get it correct.

If this is factual, why haven't any duplicate paintings by Davinci been uncovered? ( by duplicate I mean actually painted by him ).

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grailkeeper

He would have to have to do at least two 'identical' paintings in order to get it correct.

If this is factual, why haven't any duplicate paintings by Davinci been uncovered? ( by duplicate I mean actually painted by him ).

Although he did not duplicate paintings, to our knowledge, he reworked the same painting subject. Please have a quick look at my thread (I did not want to go too far off topic on this one, it's too good!)
but I would value a couple of opinions from posters on this thread who have the analytical skills.

www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread294031/pg1

I'm not sure how you link threads yet!

[edit on 1-8-2007 by Havalon]

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Spearhead,thanks for that pic .I couldnt post one myself(useless)
Thats the grail i could see with the symbol on it.
Just below that is the other things i mentioned,
Vetruvian man and the parting of the waves.
It is only faint but i can see it.
Does anybody else see it?
Going for some tracing paper but only have black ink printer.

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grailkeeper

incorrect. he would have had to do 2 sketches of the outlines fitting in what he wanted to hide. then he would make one painting from the composite. he made many sketches before he painted and as i've mentioned earlier in this thread, it was very easy for him to be able to do a reverse image on a semi-transparent material.

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Wierd stuff

Anyone else notice in that dubover pic of earth2's that the area dead center of christ has a red devil looking face in a traingular shape?

Oh wow, looking closer it actually looks like a greenish alien wearing some sort of robe type thing. Crazy stuff.

It is in the pic where there's double jesus

looks like I was beat to my observation....

[edit on 1-8-2007 by LockwithnoKey]

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join