It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Templar knight hidden in Leonardo's "Last Supper"!?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 08:23 PM
link   

I did a bit of rough point work to see if I could find any 'more than chance' details in the Templar Knights in the superimposed picture. As you can see in the top left box of three I have put there, the . outline from the man originally on the extreme right of the Last Super overlays in such a fashion that it lines up naturally with the arm and shoulder of the man on the extreme left of the picture. This could be chance but it lends itself more to a deliberate effect on behalf of Da Vinci.

The changes in brightness over the left man's image seem to be deliberately set to cause the Templar effect when superimposed. Also note that the left man's face is almost entirely obscured in the effect by the bearded man whom the right man is talking to. This ties off the effect and prevents the viewer from seeing a two .ed figure rather than just the exquisite Templar Knight.

The big questions would be, however, how would Leonardo Da Vinci know his secret image a) would ever been seen b) we'd have the technology to do such manipulations and c) how did he work out what an overlay would look like?

I assume it would be impossible for him to have seen overlays in paint, however overlays in sketches is possible when held up to the light. Perhaps that is how he achieved the planning of such a beautiful effect; a ghostly Templar Knight present at Christs table.

p.s. For those investigating this for themselves, you have to line Jesus up in the middle of both photos for the effect to be seen.

[edit on 28/7/07 by subz]

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Does anybody else find it amazing how when you over lap the normal and reversed images, Jesus appears to be facing perfectly forward? I think that is more than coincidence.

I'll tell you what, This shows that this is probably one of the most perfectly symmetrical paintings of all time.

Scary how he was able to do that.

edit: Oh yeah, good work with that image subz.

That is just mind blowing how symmetrical it is, i don't think it could be coincidental.

[edit on 28-7-2007 by thehumbleone]

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 09:29 PM
link   
It was extremely common to paint one painting over another to save materials. Maybe this "Templar" is only bleed-through from a painting under the Last Supper. Does anyone know if the Last Supper was painted on new materials? I'm too tired to even go look up if it is on canvas, let alone if it was done on a pristine surface.

The rest of it is too much like seeing images in clouds. I don't think it was planned, and I don't think it means anything other than the fact that the Italian IT guy that "discovered" this has too much time on his hands and an overactive imagination.

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction
It was extremely common to paint one painting over another to save materials. Maybe this "Templar" is only bleed-through from a painting under the Last Supper.

Ok, first off, how can it be a "bleed-through", as you call it, when the effect only appears after you super-impose the two images on top of each other.

edit: Oh, and it wasn't done on canvas, it is a fresco.

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Thanks thehumbleone, I also just noticed another point of symmetry. The eye of the man on the extreme left exactly lines up with the eye of the bearded man. This causes the face of the man on extreme left to almost entirely disappear from view. Not to mention the weird hump on the extreme left man's back which lines up with the contours of the extreme right man's .. I believe that there are too many points of symmetry for this to be accidental.

[edit on 28/7/07 by subz]

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by subz
I believe that there are too many points of symmetry for this to be accidently.

Yeah, so do I. Unfortunately, there will always be the few detractors who don't think so. :shk:

edit: yeah, that "hump" is weird. I never understood what it was, let alone why it was painted in such an awkward position, but now that you look at it, it does look like some sort of helmet.

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Does anyone else see a 5 point star above jesus?

If someone could adjust the colors or lighting you can see a star, and maybe im just staring to hard but I swear I see the The Shroud of Turin image inside the star.

[edit on 28-7-2007 by earth2]

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 10:10 PM
link   
On which image? the one where Jesus face is overlapping?

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Sorry, ive been checking out the one from the italian.
I tried to adjust the light to inhance it but my software is weak.

I see something there for sure.

[edit on 28-7-2007 by earth2]

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 10:24 PM
link   
can anyone take this image and apply the reversal to it and maybe see if these random letters spell out some message. Here is the link . I have highlighted some of the letters but missed others. files.abovetopsecret.com...

I couldnt figure out how to transfer the image directly on to this page. I just noticed everyone was so involved looking at the scene of people that maybe they are over looking the top portion.

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Wiki talks about this phenomenon and about extensive restorations and mistakes made with the painting here.

This mural has been through a lot of damage and re-working. I'm not surprised that people see things in the painting.

We are biologically programmed to see patterns, and particularly faces, because we're social animals.

While it's fun looking for the hidden picture, I don't think there is anything intentionally hidden within this work.

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Yea thats true but you dont know for sure malfunction. The only way to find out for sure there are no hidden messages is to pick it apart.
Doing nothing is no fun, and imo this makes my....

I think davinci was very inteligent and just maybe he had a little fun for the ages.

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Just doing my job, earth2.

Using Occam's Razor to find the most likely answer to the conundrum.

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Check out this anomaly someone found in the painting on this website.
It appears there is a big heart covering jesus and the (supposed) lady.
looks like a heart to me

link

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Is there no way to recolour the image back to as close to the original look as possible and then superimpose a mirror image? Seems to me that we would get a much clearer picture then of what is going on.

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I have done a little looking around and think you might find this interesting!
It is a 'blueprint' for the Last Supper by Leonardo. His writing was in 'mirror' image. Notice the geometry he was using.
What, I wonder is down the left hand side of the parchment? any ideas? anyone know Latin?

[edit on 29-7-2007 by Havalon]

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Here are some of his character blueprints, it looks as though he changed one of the names. (Third one in from the right.) However I do not see the Templar in this sketch, that came later I guess.

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by subz
I assume it would be impossible for him to have seen overlays in paint, however overlays in sketches is possible when held up to the light. Perhaps that is how he achieved the planning of such a beautiful effect; a ghostly Templar Knight present at Christs table.

if he had two large semi transparent pieces of material, one on top of the other then he could have done this very easily by rough drawing first without having to resort to using mirrors (which he also had used for other techniques).

the mary image is intriguing - it looks to me like the hand has something in it like a knife - perhaps she was about to have her throat cut rather than be strangled.

now that would be a really interesting twist to the theory that she & jesus had a child - if she was murdered and the child was hidden away.

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Maybe people should start looking at other pictures by da vinci. This picture seems to definitely be hiding something. Also with the last supper is there any other configurations this painting could be put in to release some hidden pictures or clues. I would like to do this myself but dont know how to overlap pictures on the PC.

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by thesaint
Maybe people should start looking at other pictures by da vinci. This picture seems to definitely be hiding something. Also with the last supper is there any other configurations this painting could be put in to release some hidden pictures or clues. I would like to do this myself but dont know how to overlap pictures on the PC.

I don't know how to overlap pictures either (there are some clever people here tho') but I took what you said to heart and dug deep and came up with some stuff that maybe off thread a tad, so I kicked off another.
I may get thumped a bit for this, but I'm new here so that's my excuse!
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread294031/pg1

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join