It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will someone be kind to help me with my 1st podcast?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Then you and I shall go arm-in-arm requesting help!

I'm glad you bumped the thread hon.

There are ALOT of ATS members that WANT to know how do things properly!

Let's ask EVERYONE.

~Ducky~

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDuckster

Ummm.... is the file already in MP3 format ??
... if so ..... you'll just have to go to the Podcasts section ...... then there'll be a search button to the right side of the screen as ya scroll down ......... then ya just look for the file itself and that's it
......... just make sure to put down the exact time it is and all the other info .........

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by steve-o

I actually have my 1st podcast 'waiting' as we speak.

What do I do next hon?

have the audacity program up and waiting...

what buttons do I push next?

~Ducky~

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   

ummm ... it's pretty hard for me 2 explain
......... if you've got the whole thingy done ... and that it's saved as a MP3 file ...... ummm.... darn... can ya just send me a link 2 it .... well in private

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   
My audacity program is 'waiting' ...cascading under my other windows.

What do I do next? I have the 'lame library' downloaded. Now if someone knows of a different and yet better program - besides 'Lame' that I could subscribe to....I'm allllll ears

Until then, these are the programs that I have installed.

I can 'right click' on my audacity program, NOW...how can I 'make it a podcast'??!?!

If I should be doing something another, I'm sure you'd all tell me so.

One day, I hope to be the best of you all...when it comes to digitalizing/formatting/et al. But, until then, I rely on our ATS/BTS/PTS members to provide me with up-to-date-things.

Please help your fellow member.

I'm NOT HIP on the local linguistics. I try to keep up with them

~Ducky~

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I'd

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by steve-o

Welll....

Show me (step by step) how YOU made a podcast!

~Ducky~

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by steve-o

Which 'directions' did you recieve?

~Ducky~

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   

If you would like, you can try to e-mail the file you need converted to me. I will convert it to the type you need. (when i get home) Send me a U2U if you want to try that.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by secret titan

Titan?
You're a dear heart,

Alas...I must do this on my own.

~Ducky~

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   

I understand.
I will try to download the programs you have and see if I can come up with a step by step instruction manual for podcasting.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   
TheDuckster, In Audacity, you need to save the podcast file as an mp3. If this is the first time with lame, you will need to find and locate the lame .dll (you need to export or open the lame files)

Once you have found the lame .dll file, you will need to save the podcast mp3 file to a location on your computer. Check the file to make sure it has taken.

To add the podcast, click the podcast button at the top of the home page, this will then load a new page. On the right hand side, will be a box "Create a New Podcast"

create a title and and description, check which part of ATS from the drop down box, enter the minutes and seconds.

The browse to the file on your computer, click OK and then upload. This may take some time so leave well only until you get a conformation message.

Let us all know, if this is enough. We want you to post your first podcast and join a very special club at ATS.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I have a '1st podcast'...ready to rip!!!

How do I get my 'audacity' podcast to ATS?

I clicked on the 'Lame- Liberary'.

NOW..What programs do I click on within the 'Lame' liberary, to access my podcast?

~Ducky~

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Okay Duckster, I think I figured out where you got stuck. It must be the LAME encoder library dll that you're not having.

I've created a step-by-step picture-tutorial to get you past this and on your way to exporting your file into MP3. And then you can upload the file to ATS through this page.

But first, you need to download this file: Lame MP3 Encoder Library

Alternate sources for the library file:

www.free-codecs.com...
www.dll-files.com...
www.dlldump.com...

After you've downloaded that file, open it and follow the instructions below:

Right click on the file called lame_enc.dll and select Copy.
Then click on My Documents (to make things easier later)

Right click on any empty space and select Paste.
That's the end of this section. Now we'll move on to exporting your podcast into MP3 format via Audacity.

After you're done recording, select the File menu, then select Export as MP3...

When the above box comes up, select My Documents.

Type whatever name you wish to call your podcast and click on the Save button. In the above example, I simply chose 'test.mp3' as the filename.

The above dialogue box will pop up. Click on the Yes button.

After that the above box will pop up, asking you 'Where is lame_enc.dll?'. Since you've already copied and pasted that file into My Documents earlier, all you really have to do now is go to the My Documents folder (if it's not already navigated there), select the file lame_enc.dll and click on the Open button.

A new box will open asking you to type in the ID3v1/v2 information. You can leave it blank if you want to and just proceed, or you can fill in the details. It's an optional stage.

Note that in the examples above, I'm using the My Documents folder to simplify the explanation. You can choose any other folder you like, but you'll have to be sure you remember where the folder is located!

So the next step after that would be to upload your podcast using the form presented on this page. That bit is fairly uncomplicated, so I think you'll manage.

[edit on 18-12-2007 by Beachcoma]

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Beachcoma

when I tried to downlowd;

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /libmp3lame-win-3.97.zip on this server.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache Server at lame.buanzo.com.ar Port 80

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   

That's strange... it's the source server. I'm not having any problems there. Okay let me try to upload that file somewhere else first.

Edit: Okay, my connection is crappy at uploading anything but pictures. But that's alright, because I found several other places you can download the file:

www.free-codecs.com...
www.dll-files.com...
www.dlldump.com...

Try the top server first... I'm familiar with it, so I can vouch for it.

[edit on 18-12-2007 by Beachcoma]

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   

I appreciate ALL the help you can give hon!

~Ducky~

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   
This is HOW I feel right now...without the right answers:

~Ducky~

[edit on 18-12-2007 by TheDuckster]

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Have you downloaded that dll file? I've edited my post above to reflect three other sources for that file. Tried uploading it myself, my connection always fails at uploading anything larger than 150kb...

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Downloading the dll file?

~Ducky~

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join