It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the media starting to believe or is it just hype?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Are the media starting to have a change of policy about ufo's.

www.stuff.co.nz/waikatotimes/4143125a19807.html

This (local) New Zealand paper is owned by Fairfax who (incidentaly) own most of the NZ papers and a few Australian ones too.

The web article was spread over 2 pages of broadsheet (A record for a provincial paper!) on Saturdays weekend paper.

Now my question to ATSers around the globe what and how many recent reports have been in your local/national papers over the month of July (so far) please indicate country/county if you can. I am curious to see if the big awareness/disclosure is imminent or...heck! are they just trying to sell more papers!

Go to it guys!

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Its pretty obvious that there will be more sightings of phenomena during the summer months as its warm and more people are out and, in europe the kids are on holiday.

I think the newspapers are just reporting what people are telling them

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Nice to see a good read. Thanks. I monitor two metro areas pretty closely. Other than some short pieces on Roswell on its anniversary there has been nothing that would indicate a change. (Seattle area, USA). Nationally it's been pretty Roswell oriented as well, except for the O'Hare incident. Juat a report from the Great Northwest.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Surprised the folks who run the media, to make money like any other company, don't run with the UFO thing.
Seems like most believe in something going on, good movies on the subject make a killing, and the rest could really care less.
Maybe its too deep a subject for the public, reality shows and celebrity DWI's are enough.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 08:39 PM
link   
A prophet by the name of Chuck D one day said (and i quote): "Don't believe the hype".

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Thanks, it's just that with the 'Daily Mail' in the UK reporting the Stratford sightings, I am now curious to see if the other tabloids ran with anything on this.
Or if any other papers are easing up the policy, once, anyone who went to them with a ufo sighting was not usually given the time of day, the reporter usually indicating a circular motion with their index finger over their temple.

new topics

top topics

join