It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS closes all threads about pot?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I have posted on one thread that was about pot and becoming crazy.it has been removed and now the other one about the subject wont allow you to poste on it...

why are they so against a discussion about this issue.its better for you than most legal stuff is......smokes,beer,almost every medicine take your choice....

ats needs to stop hating on this subject..straight edge ha

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   
ATS isn't against the discussion of the issue, just about the discussion of individuals on the board committing illegal acts.

You can say

I believe that marijuana is beneficial to one's health, and is wrongly criminalized.

You can't say

I smoke a lot of pot, and I think it's beneficial to my health.

It's easy to talk about it, just do it as you would in a debate with a police officer, or in a court room. Don't incriminate yourself, but make your point known.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
It's easy to talk about it, just do it as you would in a debate with a police officer, or in a court room. Don't incriminate yourself, but make your point known.

Or you could always come up with a catchy name

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I think that the threads should not have been removed, however if ats thinks that they dont want dicussion of 'doing' the substance, then posts themselves should have been removed rather than the whole thread.
I didnt even participate in them however, i just didnt think it was the right action to take.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   
The T&C, which everyone agrees to when registering states:

2e.) Illegal Activity: Discussion of any illegal activities such as drug use, drug paraphernalia, hacking, sexual relations with minors, etc. are strictly forbidden.

It's too bad that we can't discuss the issues, like legality, because eventually it gets into a drug lovefest with the world posting their experiences. Happens every time.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
It's too bad that we can't discuss the issues, like legality, because eventually it gets into a drug lovefest with the world posting their experiences. Happens every time.

Exactly. No mater what the intent of the inital post, everybody eventually wants to chime in more information than I care to know about personal experiences, family and friends experience, etc etc etc.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Your talking about this thread being closed? www.abovetopsecret.com...

You see the repeated warnings by myself and Super Mod Mirthful Me?

The very next post starts like this:

For about 3 years, I was stoned 24/7. Not once did I experience hallucinations unless I dropped acid or ate mushrooms. Nor have any of my friends.

Followed by another post talking about their experience etc... So yeah I closed the thread.

Every time this subject matter comes up it seems to attract members with either ZERO reading comprehension or and I.Q. below Homer Simpson's.

You may be able to understand the subtlety of the rules, and I bet the majority of the membership can understand the subtlety we are talking about but for some reason others can't and are attracted like moths to a flame and everything goes up in smoke (pun intended).

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   

That in itself speaks volumes.

Smokers are not allowed to talk about what they 'do' in the privacy of their own home when they are alone. (Or with friends)

Victimless crimes are absurd, and should be addressed and talked about by everyone as often as possible, because thats the only way to we will ever cast off these oppressive laws.

Dont get me wrong, I totally understand the T+C and why they are there.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Posters who have a reckless disregard for the rules should be warned and then banned if it doesn't change. Discussing illegal attivities in your own life is not only against the rules but very stupid. You don't know who is reading your post or what they will do with the info.....I have to agree with the MODS and I am very glad I don't have their job right now.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConstantlyWondering
I am very glad I don't have their job right now.

Believe me, there are days I feel the same thing.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Ahh i see,intrepid you make a great point and i also read the snippet about shrooms and acid and such.

I think this is a touchy subject because i agree with about everything everyone said,but i also think the experience is why a drug is consumed in the first place

Like shamans who take hallucinogens,their experiences are shared with all who care to listen.But somehow i do not see many shamans on this website.I'd be willing to bet most would be like the qoute that the mod posted..

So if one had a experience they thought was truly enlightening or spiritual should they post it?

Again with the understanding it was not like wow dude im so messed up blah blah....

I will respect ATS choice to regulate topics on this matter and thanks for the responses i understand a lot better now.

By the way 11Bravo,I have never really thought about victemless crimes.I'm sure it could be spun to say well buying dope does'nt hurt anyone but how many poeple did the drug dealer hurt while doing what they do..Very interesting to think about though..hrmmmmm

[edit on 27-7-2007 by Project_Silo]

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 04:49 PM
link   

The T&C, which everyone agrees to when registering states:

2e.) Illegal Activity: Discussion of any illegal activities such as drug use, drug paraphernalia, hacking, sexual relations with minors, etc. are strictly forbidden.

How is ATS know what is illegal for me ? Sure my IP address may say I'm from XYZ but they don't know that to be true.

For all they know the use of pot could be legal where I'm from.

I see why they do what they do, no one wants the DEA or FBI trotting down to their server facilities.

I'll just say this, I -LOVE- the fact that my country is SOOOO free that we can't even talk about pot on the internet.

FFS

[edit on 27-7-2007 by discomfit]

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I think low grade marijuana should be illegal, while high grade stuff should be manditory.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by discomfit

How is ATS know what is illegal for me ? Sure my IP address may say I'm from XYZ but they don't know that to be true.

Which doesn't negate the fact that you agreed not to discuss this matter on the ATS sites.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by discomfit

This is a moot point for a discussion. Marijuana is not legal anywhere. Yes, there are places such as Amsterdam, Vancouver and some Swiss Cantons where marijuana use is tolerated and, for all intents and purposes, decriminalized. but marijuana is technically illegal everywhere.

Some countries and U.S. states have made efforts to develop a legal 'medicinal drug program' but, even here, these programs have been fraught with legal difficulties and have been subject of much discussion even with governmental circles. That is to say that even 'medical marijuana' is not a subject without controversy.

I live in Canada where currently an existing 'medical marijuana' program has come under new scrutiny and might be facing a new day in the courts.

[edit on 7/27/2007 by benevolent tyrant]

[edit on 7/27/2007 by benevolent tyrant]

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Just some food for thought on this matter ...

The reasons why discussion of illegal activities are in place is in NO way intended to limit and or suppress certain topics, it's actually to ensure that the topics we discuss are available to the broadest audience, unrestricted by content filters.

As with the Profanity censors, it's not meant nor intended as a means to curb or limit one's thoughts or opinions, but more a means by which to Ensure those thoughts and or opinions are available to as large an audience as possible.

FILTERS, at Sys Admin levels, are in place on virtually ALL corporate, educational, and government networks. Sites deemed as rife with profanity, discussion of illegal activities, and or pron are routinely made inaccessible to any and ALL on said networks ... thereby limiting those who may otherwise hold and opinion, thought, and or stance on the Actual topic, THE ISSUE.

IF only those who SO wish their message to be heard would realize and understand such ... then perhaps there'd be no need for such. Unfortunately, that wouldn't seem the case ... hence the closure(s) or removal(s) when said discussions go the way of "I dropped a few tabs last night and..."

As intrepid said ... THE ISSUE(S), but not the use thereof nor personal Experiences.

I truly hope that this helps to clear the air, here.

?

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
I think low grade marijuana should be illegal, while high grade stuff should be manditory.

I am onboard with that! We need to discuss this in person some weekend. I will bring the Doritos and cheese dip!

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Lysergic i happen to fully agree with you heh.So if i understand correctly you and i can say these things but nothing about a crazy weekend i had last week?

I think there should be a seperate forum with a warning tag on it.This forum should allow only those who want to read about other poeples experiences.But insightful or spiritual expierences,nothing like oh man i got messed up and now i have a tattoo of goofy on my butt cheek.This way poeple who have had real or life changing expierences such as shamans or whatever can express themselves and share their visions,and the nay sayers would not have to be part of it.

So as i understand it,on the biggest serious alternative talk website in the world we can't share our spiritual or truly lifechanging experiences with anyone else?This is the one fact that i don't like,but again i understand many would talk about that crazy weekend instead of informative or enlightening information.

hrrrrrrmmmmm

[edit on 27-7-2007 by Project_Silo]

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I can definitely understand why the rules are in place.

I just hate to see a good thread closed because a couple people start talking about their experiences. Can't you guys just delete their posts instead? Why let them ruin the discussion for those of us who DO abide by the rules?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join