It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quoting one's self

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Quick question...

I want to post a reply to a thread and found that a previous reply to another thread authored by your's truely would suffice as an answer. However, how exactly do I do this as to not get a warning or something similar? My post was pretty long, but because I authored the entire post is there a general rule concerning this? In other words should I insert the entire quote using the "Quoted text" tab, or should I just repost it as a message with " " surrounding it?

I am aware of the rule when it comes to quoting someone else's work, but what is the rule when you want to quote your own work?

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   
You can also link to your previous post. Wouldn't that be easier? Make a "blahblahblah-here's why:" *link*

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Good idea, the only reason I didn't consider this option was because I posted so many responses in the previous thread that I'm afraid everyone would be confused about which post I am referring to.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Why wouldn't you...

Link the specific post?

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   
You can link right to a single post by clicking the "this post" button to the left of the quote button.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Thanks for the information, that's exactly what I will do. I apologize for the lack of knowledge when it comes to this as I'm not the most computer savvy person there is. I had no idea we could link to single replies...this is good to know for the future. Again, thanks for the help everyone!

[edit on 27-7-2007 by Jazzerman]

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   
being the eternal conspiricist,

i get a subliminal message the first two posts were a designed thing...

sort of like the 'loaded' questions in a Push Poll.

the underlying message being that the forum is a deep resource of knowledge sharing ecology....It's just that sometimes
the answers are burried in the deep archives of the AboveNetwork

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   
There's always more than one way to skin a cat.....
Not that I skin a lot of cats. :shk:

You can go to the post you want to quote in the other thread and hit the quote button. Cut the pertinent section you want, then paste it into the thread you are replying to.

You can then post a link to the post you're quoting and close the other thread.

top topics

join