It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Sinks North Korean Ship Bound for Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Just read this and was wondering if anyone else can confirm reading or hearing about this. Absolutely nothing on national or international news that I can find. This would be a very huge development in the standoff with Iran.

US Sinks NK ships off of Iran

What do you think?

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   

In reports first published by DEBKAfile,...

That's enough for me to doubt this report.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   
For what its worth, a comparison of reports

From the OP article:

On July 12, the second intercepted North Korean freighter was sunk in the Arabian Sea by torpedoes fired from a US submarine 100 miles southeast of the Iranian naval base-port of Chah Bahar.
~
After the attack, US warships raced to the spot where the ship went down where they picked up three lifeboats. Most of the North Korean sailors aboard were either injured or dead. Twenty in all died in the attack.

A different exerpt of the Debka report:

07-20-2007

listed on official documents as a consignment of iron

Verses the South Korean News
Korean Ship Sinks Off Oman With13 Sailors Missing

07-12-2007
The South Korean freighter, "Orchid Sun,'' sank in waters off Oman, leaving one killed and 12 other sailors of the total 23 aboard missing~ adding that six of the 10 rescued have seriously been injured.

The 26,000-ton ship was sailing to Iran from China carrying 42,000 tons of steel products, and sank after its hold began rapidly taking in water, ministry officials said.

Note the date and other similarities. "Shrugs" Who knows who is foolin who.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 07:23 PM
link   
That website seemed a little "cheesey" to me. Not sure if i would believe any of that LOL.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 10:03 PM
link   
If thats true, it seems that someone made a big mistake in destroying a frieghter.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I suspect this website is run by Zionist Jews. One of the founders is Paul Paulson...if that's not a Jewish name, I don't know what is. Clear evidence of bias and just plain making stuff up, MEMRI-style.

[edit on 27-7-2007 by uberarcanist]

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist
I suspect this website is run by Zionist Jews. One of the founders is Paul Paulson...if that's not a Jewish name, I don't know what is. Clear evidence of bias and just plain making stuff up, MEMRI-style.

The site may be run by Zionist Jews so they are making it up?

Take your elitist, anti-Semitic racist trash somewhere else.

Why are posts like this tolerated?

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I have been reading Debka for years. Very little of what they report actually pans out. I suspect it is a mossad linked disinformation site. Entertaining though.

[edit on 27-7-2007 by clay2 baraka]

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavscout
Why are posts like this tolerated?

Same reason we tolerate you

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

I've been burned by Debka as a source of info so many times it's not even funny. Sensationalist claims that one can never seem to confirm or are clearly contradicted by other sources (RECENT EXAMPLE), in fact I'm convinced they do make some of it up.

It's a disinfo site with a clear agenda IMO.

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I didnt see you point out anything about debka that proves them to be disinfo.You infact use them for a source and poeple questioned it and you said they are just disinfo.

Is it not possible that certain media does not report certain stories for a reason?Things are left out of our media every single day.

Some actuall proof would be nice,maybe liek 10 stories that panned out to be bs or something?

Btw there is already a post about this subject.

[edit on 29-7-2007 by Project_Silo]

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 06:00 PM
link   
If you read Debka regularly like i do then you will find about 50% of what they say is true or actually pans out which is a high enough percentage that when you do see something on that site you at least have to keep your eyes open for it. But when it doesnt pan out, you can understand that as well. Its called taking it with a grain of salt.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Antisemitic views were not called for. Nobody else could come up with another source for this incident. I also found the similar comparison about the SK ship sinking. I guess just like princeofpeace said, I'll take this one with a grain of salt. I have seen some stuff out of Debka that was not false so painting them as false with such a broad antisemitic brush is uncalled for and just exposes the ingrained racism of some that frequent this forum.

If anyone else comes up with another source please post.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I also check out Debka at least once a day. It is true that a lot of what they publish turns out to be inaccurate but the 50% or so that is right is really interesting.

In addition, I am sure there is a whole lot more action going on all over the Middle East than what is reported. I personally hope this story IS true and that the US is having success in blocking or at least slowing down Iran's pursuit of WMD.

new topics

top topics

join