posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 12:32 PM
I've been well aware my 3-gallon jugs of water are from public sources, however it was the flouride-free multiple levels of filtration I was paying
for. That water has about 3ppm of "stuff" in it, opposed to the 280ppm of "stuff" in my tap water.
But my tap water is special. It used to be green. They said it was fine, couldn't hurt you, just was green. So they upped the chlorine. Now my
tap water smells like a bottle of bleach.
However I got a jug of water the other day that tasted like plastic. Really badly. I checked the ppm and it was almost 100. That was enough to
convince me to start filtering my own water from tap. But those carbon-resin filters like Pur and Brita don't remove flouride. So I'm getting a
countertop reverse osmosis system. I could pee in that thing and drink it again!