It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

aquafina and dasani, bottled tap water!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   
i guess people look for conspiracies everywhere.

where would you expect them to get the water from? its purified for mike d's sake.

no matter where they got the water from they would have to purify it. run the water through a machine that measures impurities and compare it to your water.

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Why are people so surprised? Where did you think the water was comming from? Did you actually ever read the lable, or were you consumed by the clever marketing that was designed to get you to pay more for plain old water than you do for gasoline.

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Next thing you going to tell me is that Soda's / Pop have tons of sugar in them or that most of my appliances are made in China. For a site that wants to deny ignorance, maybe we should have a label reading class.

Heres a good one for you, read a Coke or Pepsi can label then measure out the 40 or so grams of sugar on a scale then eat that sugar. I don't know many people who put 7 1/2 teaspoons of sugar into their coffee, yet many of us do that multiple times a day with Soda.

It amazing what we will but into our bodies without really thinking enough about it. Here's a link for those who want to see How much sugar is there in a can a coke, bet you won't chug a mega sized soda after this.

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 10:01 AM
link   
The entire notion of paying money for bottled water is ridiculous in the first place, regardless of whether it's purified city water like Dasani or something special that comes from a mountain stream... It's still just bottled water. I hear you can get a case of Bling H2O for a little less than six hundred bucks (and that's the smaller bottles)

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   
That guy in the video says that there is 39g of sugar per can of soda, then says that 1tsp of sugar=6g so a can of soda has 7.5 tsp of sugar in it .... hmmm doesn't 6 x 7(minus the extra dash of sugar added)=42 not 39? Good info on the vid but his math is a bit off me thinks

Bzzzzzzz

apc

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I've been well aware my 3-gallon jugs of water are from public sources, however it was the flouride-free multiple levels of filtration I was paying for. That water has about 3ppm of "stuff" in it, opposed to the 280ppm of "stuff" in my tap water.

But my tap water is special. It used to be green. They said it was fine, couldn't hurt you, just was green. So they upped the chlorine. Now my tap water smells like a bottle of bleach.

However I got a jug of water the other day that tasted like plastic. Really badly. I checked the ppm and it was almost 100. That was enough to convince me to start filtering my own water from tap. But those carbon-resin filters like Pur and Brita don't remove flouride. So I'm getting a countertop reverse osmosis system. I could pee in that thing and drink it again!

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by BuzzingOn
Good info on the vid but his math is a bit off me thinks

I was wondering that myself but I think it comes down to how accurate your teaspoon measures are. He was using a scale. Either way it's a ton of sugar to shoot into your system. No wonder why some kids bounce off the walls, it's like giving the the sugar equivalent of probably 3 beers worth of alcohol into their bloodstream based on their weight.

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I always thought it was common knowledge too. The only time I paid for it was for situations where I would be out in the sun and didn't want to lug around a gallon jug. Plus if you get off brand bottled water you can get it alot cheaper than dasani and such (I'm pretty sure last time I bought an off brand 24 pack it was about $1.40).

Sometimes it is worth the convenience, but if you thought fancy companies are somehow importing thousands of gallons of mystical mountain spring water when they could just hook up some filters to a hose then you have to wonder how they make so much damn money.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join