It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stratford Mass Sighting (Display Analysis)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 08:28 AM
link   
lost mind just got in before me ;-P

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I also think that there is a severe lack of perspective being used in using the photos in the first post of this thread to interpolate a shape or symbol out of the lights and thier supposed "formation".

These photos are from only one line of sight. What would this look like to persons on the opposite side of the event? From behind or in front of the event? They would appear nothing like what we see in the photos for those other angles, so from this we are to ASSUME that this is a show put on solely for those in the streets in the photos given. Why would they do that, in their infinite wisdom, and not cover all of the observable bases available to view?

Let me guess, "they" "knew" a camera was in this crowd of people or that someone had a video camera and focused their display at this particular crowd because of this knowledge. I mean if we are going to stretch for an answer here, lets get out the taffy, eh?

[edit on 30-7-2007 by Lost_Mind]

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Ok Folks, this Stratford sighting has been solved, read in the free paper this morning on the train to work that a couple had been celebrating their wedding with chinese lanterns, Unfortunately i cannot do a link to the newspaper lettters page as it does not have one
but i can type out what the letter said:

"Your story about 100 people seeing UFOs hovering over Straford Upon Avon town centre is such a good one that i'm sorry to ruin it. We had a wedding on Saturday in Suckley, Worcestershire. At the end of the reception we launched about 20 Thai paper laneterns that were last seen heading off east towards Stratford at speed. It was a fantastic end to the wedding though no ailens this time. Sorry". Bob Scott-Kerr Worcs

This was from the letters coloum page 18 of the Metro newspaper dated Monday July 30th 2007. I can however give you the link to the newspaper website itself to prove that the newspaper exists and if you want to check the validity of this post by ringing them up or something.

Metro Newspaper

Hope this resolves the mystery !!!

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   
..except the party where the balloons came from was in the wrong direction for the wind to carry them in the direction they where seen. But I guess thats just a technicality...

Originally posted by Wirral Bagpuss
Ok Folks, this Stratford sighting has been solved, read in the free paper this morning on the train to work that a couple had been celebrating their wedding with chinese lanterns, Unfortunately i cannot do a link to the newspaper lettters page as it does not have one

"Your story about 100 people seeing UFOs hovering over Straford Upon Avon town centre is such a good one that i'm sorry to ruin it. We had a wedding on Saturday in Suckley, Worcestershire. At the end of the reception we launched about 20 Thai paper laneterns that were last seen heading off east towards Stratford at speed. It was a fantastic end to the wedding though no ailens this time. Sorry". Bob Scott-Kerr Worcs

This was from the letters coloum page 18 of the Metro newspaper dated Monday July 30th 2007. I can however give you the link to the newspaper website itself to prove that the newspaper exists and if you want to check the validity of this post by ringing them up or something.

Metro Newspaper

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildone106
..except the party where the balloons came from was in the wrong direction for the wind to carry them in the direction they where seen.

Hi wildone106,

Would you mind clarifying your comment?

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chorlton

I give up

Good.

Now shut up.

[Mod Edit]
www.abovetopsecret.com...

2) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive and/or hateful manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

ALSO:
Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 31-7-2007 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chorlton
My original point of contention was that there was no message.
It was others that took the thread way off course, exactly like your last post did, which had nothing to do with the OP.

[edit on 27/7/07 by Chorlton]

No, your original point of contention was
We
Are
Chinese
Lanterns

And his point, to shut up and try and respond to the thread as requested by the Op, because discussion on what it COULD mean, if it IS alien intelligence...

IS THE POINT.

Not 'what if it isn't', which you chimed in a million of your .02 in the thread, already.

````````````````````````
Removed personal attack

[edit on 1/8/07 by masqua]

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Sorry to get worked up with Lantern Boy there. He does this sort of thing on purpose you know; no point in being civil with him.

I do have one slightly different angle about the message tho:

it's Axes(not the instrument for chopping wood but the plural of Axis).

I think something that has not been brought up is the fact that if they were going to deliver a message, this message would be very confusing, from all sorts of other locations around there, because of the Axis/Angle issues with an aerial display.

Said simply: The symbols created in this message, if thats what it is, would only be seen correctly from the position of the camera(and the party crowd around him). Whilst the guy 5 miles down the road could clearly see the orbs, from his angle, due to the Axis of the display, it might look like a straight line, or something else.

This indicates one of a few things then:
1.The 'message' being intended for exactly(or very closely) the crowd in which our cameraman is standing;
2. The message/symbol is not read correctly from this angle(perhaps for the target recipient(s) this symbol was supposed to look like a Christmas Tree, or a Sword, or who knows what).
3. It is simply a formation of craft of whatever sort, perhaps multiple ships having caught a rogue of their own kind(the single ship being 'tractor-beamed' in towards the others), in which case the message is 'You show yourself to the humans too much, you're coming home right now, Mister' :p

Anyways, I believe if they tried to communicate with us, due to the Aerial formation being easily confused from different angles, they would not do it in this way. My .02.

Oh and as for them 'leaving the lights on',being able to be seen in the dark, if you google search for 'Searle Effect Generator' you will find that objects of that type, if they in fact use a magnetic(anti-gravity) field, as it is widely believed, these discs have some interesting properties once they achieve +550 rpm(with much higher rpm's required for the levitating effect):

1. They become self-propelled (no longer require a motor to get them up to speed), and they continue to increase speed because of effects of the magnetic field being created.
2. A Vacuum begins to form in their near proximity, due to the effect that the magnetic field has on the ions in the air around the disc.
3. The air around the disc rapidly begins to cool, due to the ionization in part 2.
4. A phosphorescent glow grows in intensity directly parrallel to the speed of the rotation.

Hence, because of part 4 there, they can't 'shut the lights off' if they wanted to.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Originally posted by Alex Krycek

Sorry to get worked up with Lantern Boy there.

That is a personal affront, and is in violation of T&C.

He does this sort of thing on purpose you know; no point in being civil with him.

Really ? Debate no longer equals civil ?

You, Sir are a hypocrite.

this message would be very confusing, from all sorts of other locations around there, because of the Axis/Angle issues with an aerial display.

I totally agree.

Said simply: The symbols created in this message, if thats what it is, would only be seen correctly from the position of the camera(and the party crowd around him). Whilst the guy 5 miles down the road could clearly see the orbs, from his angle, due to the Axis of the display, it might look like a straight line, or something else.

I'd love to know what your post here is concerning ?

You said quite a lot, while saying nothing.

Befuddled,
Lex

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   
You people want a note from the lights up in the sky, not supposed to be fighting amonst yourselves here on these threads:

Shakespeare was born and raised in Stratford-upon-Avon.

So, perhaps, the spacealiens have been here since the time of Shakespeare. They have writing, stories, plays, and poetry. They also have math (triangle sky formation) and posess superior technology, that you as of yet can not imagine or duplicate. They are watching us, and our development, and do not think that humans are ready for space travel and that as humans, you are nutty, crazy, insane and stupid to think that we will not defend ourselves and that if you do not change, there can be no hope for your species.

Does this help anyone on this thread or in this World?

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 02:12 PM
link   

You said quite a lot, while saying nothing.

Befuddled,
Lex

I did say alot, and tried to make it as plain as I could in the summary.

What part of my (near max allowed characters) post confused you?

To try and reiterate, in even simpler terms:

1. I don't see what the message is saying.. if it IS from the correct angle and was intended to look like it did(intended for the audience that took the video and not intended for another gathered crowd 5 miles in another direction, where it would look very different), then it confuses me.
2. IF it was a circle, not a triangle(then perhaps representing Earth), with the other orb quickly approaching it, maybe it is a Planet X collision warning.
3. But in the end, in my opinion, its not a message at all. If it is craft, and not just natural phenomenon, then I believe if they wanted to send a message it would be one that would not be confusing from different angles. Such as a crop circle, or perhaps a landing, and multi-colored lights (like Close Encounters ).
4. If it is craft then its likely they were there, performing some sort of exercise or manuevers with the lone orb.

[edit on 1-8-2007 by Alex Krycek]

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I'm just going to address the OP here and not the Lantern theory

If these were intelligent beings like we seem to be under the impression they are, why are they using Cuniform as opposed to English or Some "Living" language.

Cuniform has been long dead and it would make more sense to address your "Subject matter" (if that's really what we are to them) with there own language.

Why not make an "E" or something of the sort, we'd actually understand it then.

. . .

. . .

. . .

May take a little more ships, but what's a few ships, when it means that you're actually understood.

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Thanks to all who tried to keep this thread on topic. And whether you believe there actually was a message or not, I thank you for joining and contributing to the discussion.

Originally posted by Tibris
If these were intelligent beings like we seem to be under the impression they are, why are they using Cuniform as opposed to English or Some "Living" language.

Why not make an "E" or something of the sort, we'd actually understand it then.

Probably because the letter 'E' by itself doesn't really mean anything to any group of people, past or present. A symbol, however, is symbolic; it carries meaning - entire beliefs & ideas. Maybe by using symbolism in such a way, they were trying to convey a message using a language from the past that was pure & solid in its meaning.

Or maybe they were speaking using ancient languages because that was the last time they truly communicated with humans. Sumeria is supposedly one of the first civilizations to rise after the last great cataclysm (flood, fire, whatever it was). It's also one of the first civilizations who's culture we are aware of. They could be warning of something approaching that affected people of that time period as well.

Coupled with the motion of the lone orb approaching the rest, the message gets more interesting but not necessarily clearer. It could be something ominous approaching -or- if the triangle with the dot above the top represents the number '1' and the moving light represents us at the present, the display might be a countdown (or our own approach through time towards something meaningful represented by '1').

All this is hypothetical of course. For this to truly have meaning, there will have to be more mass sightings or a communication of some sort to really solidify the overall message.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Well swiftly moving on and getting back on topic, i take it noone agrees with the Metro Newspaper Letter i posted? Don't get me wrong there are alot of UFO cases that i do beleive in ie New Zealand UFOs 1978/1979, Iran UFO 1976 etc but i just dont subscribe to the Statford sightings as being the real McCoy. Unless of course ET booked tickets to see Hamlet on at the Stratford Globe!!

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Well swiftly moving on and getting back on topic, i take it noone agrees with the Metro Newspaper Letter i posted?

Hi Wirral Bagpuss,

You may already be aware of the fact, but just in case I thought I should mention that there are currently 2 active threads in relation to the relevant sighting.

The 2 threads were intended to have different purposes. They are:

(1) The thread at the link below, which discusses possible explanations for the sighting.

(2) This thread. This one was started by Evasius with an express request that an assumption is made that the lights were the result of "a nonhuman intelligence attempting to send us a simple picture message concerning something so important it would be necessary to write it in the sky". He (she?) wanted to discuss "What's being said here?" on the basis of that assumption. See the original post in this thread, at:

If you read the posts in this thread you'll see that those that have sought to suggest that the assumption is simply incorrect have been met with the response that their post is off-topic since it is not in accord with the assumption requested in the Original Post.

By the way, in this thread Wildone106 response to your post was that "the party where the balloons came from was in the wrong direction for the wind to carry them in the direction they where seen". I requested a clarification of that comment from Wildone106, but not had any response. (I'd note that at least 3 sets of sky lanterns were set off on the relevant Saturday, from different nearby locations. At least 2 different wedding parties are convinced that sky lanterns released at their weddings were the cause of the sightings!)

Kind Regards,

Isaac

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 03:45 AM
link   
indeed we are a race of nuty,arrogant,evil and stupid greedy creatures all can agree^^and i think now that we try to colonize space we need to start colonizing our minds too...we have so much potencial

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Since we seem to be getting back on topic:
What about my arrow-theory?
What if they were pointing to something?
Supposing that the ships are being piloted by ETs, they should know this area of the universe fairly well.
So they could be pointing to Planet X (if it exists), to an asteroid on collision course or perhaps even an astrological starsign...

Does anyone have an idea in which direction they were 'pointing', in which starsign they were etc.? (I couldn't find it)

@ Alex Krycek: you said (under point 2) it could theoretically be a x-mas tree from a certain perspective. if you look at the lights: not really.

If you look from below, it would be interesting to know, if are they in a straight line.

Sammy

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Metro Newspaper

So even after this you guys are still taking about this being aliens?

I just read page 1 again, and some of you end up looking like desperate fools. Desperate for something important to happen in your lifetime...

On one hand we have a couple saying they actually did send up laterns that night and in opposition we have the extreme believers whose only "evidence" is "They can't hold a straight line!! You're busted". Now that's a postulation...one you can't even prove to be true.

Fact vs. postulation... I'm gonna go with fact this time.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 06:03 AM
link   
wasnt there a thread the other day sayin that nasa is working on a spacerocket with nuclear warheads to destroy incoming asteroids?
and just after the sign from aliens hm?why would nasa build this if they dont need it hmm^^,and they dont tell us couse if they tell us an asteroid is coming to destroy us we all jut start killing and robbing in panic^^
its a nice theory dont u think

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by flice

So even after this you guys are still taking about this being aliens?

Yep it seems so. Here's more info from the Earthfiles site regarding this topic. It's all pretty interesting, especially the section entitled: Not Japanese Lanterns, Says Stratford-Herald Reporter. Have a quick read of it.

www.earthfiles.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join