It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stratford Mass Sighting (Display Analysis)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I think I posted some compelling evidence against your lantern theory, so far all you offered was story about how you've released hundreds of them..ok..talk about empirical evidence eh?

Every single video I posted shows the same thing, and it seems reasonable to me thats a good example of how these things fly. Wobbling, random movements as they rise up into the sky..not hanging motionless holding some formation!! Sure 'anythings' possible given enough chance, but these lights are happening over and over and doin the same things. Not standard behaviour for chinese lanterns. THATS FOR SURE!

I'll give it to you though, your a GREAT troll!!!

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 10:25 AM
link   
OK
The problem as I see it, is the OP stated

" I would like to aim this thread towards a study of the meaning of message rather than the nature of the messenger(s). The link to the original story with pics & a video can be found here:"

That statement pre-supposes there actually was a message of some sort. And there is my problem. If the form or origin of the 'messenger' cannot be found then any 'message' doesnt even exist.
If they are indeed Lanterns then there is no message.
Now even if they werent, why should any formation in the sky be any more of a message than say a crop circle?

You cant make a quantum leap from a few lights in the sky to there being a message.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 10:28 AM
link   
wow 3 out of 3 videos I posted shows the same thing, and NOTHING like the UK sightings...how many more will it take...

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 10:38 AM
link   
The difference between if this is a message compared to if crop circles are messages are that this message would be a first hand direct message as opposed to a second hand one.
Its like me writing something down and you finding it as opposed to me talking to you directly.

I dont think this was a message as much as it was just the formation of their ships.... with a leader way out front .. like the formation of some flocks of birds and whatnot.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Hello ??????
As has been stated before the OP has asked if there "were" a message what would or could it be , They could be lanterns if so then hey theres no message , then again they could be inteligently controlled craft be they terestrial or extra-terestrial then, there maybe (maybe being the operative word) a message .

I dont know about either but it sure looks bloody wierd to me, but i like the idea that there could be something in it , so , why can we not just forget about lanterns for 1 minute (bet ur flippin counting too) lol and maybe possibly look at what the OP is asking instead of trying to denounce what he is trying to achieve , a possibility that it maybe !! thru discussion and not 1 upmanship.......

rgds
Git

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chorlton
I think the message being conveyed was

we
are
chinese
lanterns

See the triangle shape there?

Please stop making a mountain out of a molehill.

Dude we heard you the first time, can't you read.... The OP stated if you were to use the word lantern post it in the orginal thread. We get your point no need to state your opinion over and over again it is really annoying.

On to the OP topic, I have to admit the symetry is remarkable this is the first thing that caught my attention with this sighting. All points in the "Y" formation are equal and I had not noticed that the 5th object is horizontal with the "Y" this is what confuses me so much. How and why... I don't pay much attention to all the different sightings but this one catches my eye. I really hope someone can offer some decent theories on this, I for one don't get into the stargate stuff too much but would like to hear more.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 12:26 PM
link   
This formation really reminded me of the following;

There is a triangle of activity you can draw which surround Stone Henge and the large surrouding area, with StoneH in the middle of the triangle. Then there is the final point by itself, the Pyramid of Giza; Stone Henge is supposedly some sort of control panel for the Pyramid in Giza.

Interesting formation none the less.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   
here is the video in case no one has seen it.strafford fomation video
i have that same "formation on my arm .
not that means anything,im very sorry for the pic ture size.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starwatcher

On to the OP topic, I have to admit the symetry is remarkable this is the first thing that caught my attention with this sighting. All points in the "Y" formation are equal and I had not noticed that the 5th object is horizontal with the "Y" this is what confuses me so much. How and why... I don't pay much attention to all the different sightings but this one catches my eye. I really hope someone can offer some decent theories on this, I for one don't get into the stargate stuff too much but would like to hear more.

So you didnt watch the video then?
Didnt see that fact that those lights were simpy drifting slowly and for a few fleeting seconds they formed a triangle formation then moved apart again.

I give up

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Dont give up Chorlton , or fenella the witch will get yer , n drag u to her T pot lol (used to love that programme) ..

I understand where ur coming from and see ur frustration but what IF they were not lanterns just diguised to look like lanterns.
what then ??

regards
Git

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 01:02 PM
link   
ZOMG! why are all these posts about flying lanterns when the OP CLEARLY points out that he wants nothing on this thread to do with them!?!?!?

Anyway,

the theory is pretty cool that these ETs are trying to communicate with us. I especially like the thory of another intelligence coming that we might want to be weary about. perhaps the triangle formation represents the triangular UFOs we've seen before. perhaps it is those UFOs we should be weary about?

As far as planet X and the 2012 thing... even if they were trying to warn us, i dont think we can or could do anything about it... except maybe train so we can fight off the attackers... but if they are trying to help us against an enemy much more advanced than we are (given spacetravel) then they might as well come down here, give us more technology, and train us themselves... which would be pretty cool eh.

Either way, in the big picture, I think they would have a better chance of communicating by placing crop circles eveywhere. that way we would have time to study them and no more upsurd lantern suggestions.

If something is coming, then perhaps all of man will stop quarelling with one another over race and religion and unite as human beings of planet earth... but we humans have proven to be pretty stupid in the past so i think it is gonna take a cosmic catastrophe for us to unite... so until then, i guess we'll just be doing the same things we have been doing...

... if only we were the leaders of earth

[edit on 27-7-2007 by Odessy]

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 01:08 PM
link   

So you didnt watch the video then?
Didnt see that fact that those lights were simpy drifting slowly and for a few fleeting seconds they formed a triangle formation then moved apart again.

So, you didnt see the fact that the OP is only interested in the "What if" factor of these lights being of ET origin did you... and that the only posts on this thread should be to benefit the "Idea" of what these images could perhaps be telling us...

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odessy
So, you didnt see the fact that the OP is only interested in the "What if" factor of these lights being of ET origin did you... and that the only posts on this thread should be to benefit the "Idea" of what these images could perhaps be telling us...

*SIGH !!!

I point the honourable gentleman to the FIRST paragraph of this thread.
"
"I would like to begin by making it clear that it is not my intention to start the umpteenth thread on this extraordinary subject, however I have noticed most of the discussions regarding this have been on what the lights actually were. I would like to aim this thread towards a study of the meaning of message rather than the nature of the messenger(s). The link to the original story with pics & a video can be found here: "

Can you read that?
Good

My original point of contention was that there was no message.
It was others that took the thread way off course, exactly like your last post did, which had nothing to do with the OP.

Therefor, you sir are as guilty of posting off topic as I was.

I apologies to the OP

I shall post no more on this thread and if there was a delete button I would happily delete my posts, there isnt so I cant.

[edit on 27/7/07 by Chorlton]

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I accept your appology lol

and your right

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   

"I would like to begin by making it clear that it is not my intention to start the umpteenth thread on this extraordinary subject, however I have noticed most of the discussions regarding this have been on what the lights actually were. I would like to aim this thread towards a study of the meaning of message rather than the nature of the messenger(s). The link to the original story with pics & a video can be found here: "

Can you read that?

Yup. But it is obvious you cannot. It basically says that posts on lanterns are off topic. You have done a good job of hijacking this thread pesistently bringing up the one topic the OP wished to avoid, despite the fact that the OP originally was courteous enough to post a link to a thread where you could light lanterns all you wanted. The only real question is why you keep posting here in such a billigerent manner.

P.S. I hold no opinion on lanterns or this case at all. I'm not particularly interested in lights in the sky, no matter what they are. But I think any OP has the right to steer the conversation of his own thread. His wishes have been grossly violated here.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Perhaps the symbols made by UFO formations and the symbols made
in Wheat Fields are designed to communicate info to specific entities
living here on Earth. I bet there are some humans and non-humans
who see these visual communications (live or on the net) and know
exactly what they mean. It's intriguing to think that there could be
advanced species who have blended into mankind and UFO's /Crop
Circles are their communications and transportation conduit.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   
if they were lanterns where did they finally end up? they would not be carried off to space or anything like that. they must have ended up somewhere on the ground...anyways off topic but...

the formation IMO looks totally like some sort of signal, shape , some kinda warning. very remote possibility but maybe its pointing to a constellation or a point in the sky? (no idea)
also maybe that the way the whatever they were left the area may indicate something else we dont see yet.... any meteors or debris that are heading this way ? like maybe something very unimportant looking is heading our way and "they" may realize we dont know about it or something like that.

could be a possible signal to look in that direction maybe? why would the aliens want to cause us harm this late in the worlds history? i say if they aliens were going to attack they would have done it way back when "they" had complete air superiority.

of course this is all just my opinion

P.S.>>This is gonna sound super far fetched but i was thinking just now about how thousands of meteors enter our atmosphere a year. comets and meteors carry radiation and parts of the solar system that we have never encountered. these may contain virus and or bacteria not ever encountered by our immune systems.

if anyone remembers the most famous FAKE case of such a thing happening it would be either the movie MAXIMUM OVERDRIVE or NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD . both movies show a world gone awry when radiation from comets and meteors can have on things. OF COURSE this is FAKE . THEY ARE MOVIES. but what if something like that did happen?

in closing i truly think that the beings that we see in the skys and encounter otherwise are not trying to hurt us but to warn us. i think if they were here to hurt us we would be obliterated long ago.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I will contribute by saying that I have never seen any lanterns in the sky in my entire life, but I have seen three silver, disc-shaped UFOs in broad daylight. For this reason, when I look up into the sky, I am more inclined to suspect a flying saucer to appear than a lantern. I guess it depends upon what one has experienced.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   
It is the skeptics job to create disbelief if you will, so you can either see it for what it's worth then push it off, or attempt to find the meaning as to why this has happened, the post with the cuniform chart is a very good start, perhaps they are attempting to signal us much like if you were to hear a telegraph signal you would assume someone is just making noise. If you don't know you make up, if you see it to be something you recognize then perhaps that is infact what it is. Or perhaps that is just the formation they chose to assemble in, much like a military V-neck formation.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Great post, Evasius! You did quite a bit of work on that one. Definatley another great ATS Member in the making! I even hit your FRIEND button.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join