It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brief Observation Experiment : Try It!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 05:14 AM
link   
I had posted this in another discussion, but felt it "thread-worthy"

Don't know if it has been posted before and don't care. Think it might be good for newbies (like me) to hone their observations skills.

Follow the instructions on the link below.

Then Go Back to original link and follow instructions. Don't cheat.

www.metafilter.com...

I am sure the most astute here will see what others don't. My point is simply that the act of diversion is powerful.

< I look forward to your responses on this. I am going deep-sea fishing to the middle grounds this weekend and sadly/luckily won't have any internet access. I look forward to reading your responses upon my return while hopefully eating some delicious grouper. >

regards......kk

oooppss edit to fix link

[edit on 27-7-2007 by kinda kurious]

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Most excellent. I got part of it right. AND part of it very wrong.

Hard to talk it it without giving away hints or spoiling it.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Bang on!

Failed miserably.

Just goes to show that with subtle guidance we only see what we either want to see or what others want us to see.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Interesting response for my results.

I'm unsure if I passed or failed.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Very clever little experiment, and just goes to show you anything can be hidden in plain sight.

Not to give away the "trick," but yeah, I had to pause before I answered that last question.

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Nice experiment. I got it all right the first time. I get what they mean though it was only because I knew what to look for. If someone wasnt told anything than this shows how easy things slip past you.

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I saw and counted right.
What does this mean?
Am I missing something?

[edit on 29-7-2007 by BeyondPlanetEarth]

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Not so surprising really considering that you're consciously ignoring all figures in black to focus on those in white to count the passes. It could have been a black demon walking around and you wouldn't notice it in all that comotion, not if you're concentrating to focus only on the balls movements between those in white.

(mod edit to remove inappropriate comment)

[edit on 31-7-2007 by pantha]

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Urrrr.... I counted right and saw what was there first time; without being told. It was pretty easy really, I saw everything that was going on all the time, just because I was trying to count doesn't mean I wont notice something right infront of me...

So what does that mean, I'm hard to trick or what?

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeyondPlanetEarth
I saw and counted right.
What does this mean?
Am I missing something?

Did you watch the video a 2nd time without counting the team
in white passes? Watch again and get back with us.

Those of you who counted correctly and also saw the "anomoly"
must be of superior intelligence to us mere mortals. Nice job

Anyway thanks for playing.....regards...kk

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 01:34 AM
link   
im with beyondplanetearth and umbr45. it was rather obvious to me because of how out of place it was. i don't consider myself to be an overly smart guy, i just think it has to do with how much attention to detail one pays.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Thats ridiculous. Im not even good at this cognitive stuff, but I nailed that without fault. 14 passes...gorilla. Well, between 13-15 was the option, but Im almost certain it was 14 passes. And how the hell do you know notice the gorilla? People actually fail that? Geez. Im not trying to sound like a pompous ass, but like I said, im usually not that great with these type of things, but that was way too easy, especially considering that I was really trying to pay attention to details outside of what was going on between the white players, because I thought the final question would be a trick question or something.

[edit on 31-7-2007 by 3_Libras]

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3_Libras
Thats ridiculous. Im not even good at this cognitive stuff, but I nailed that without fault. 14 passes...gorilla. People actually fail that?

Perhaps your visual acumen is better than most. I did not see THE GORILLA, on first viewing. Many others didn't as well.

Geez. Im not trying to sound like a pompous ass,

Some things come naturally, without really trying.

Regards....kk

top topics

join