It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. must pay $101.7 million to men framed by FBI

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 02:27 AM
link   

U.S. must pay $101.7 million to men framed by FBI

www.cnn.com

BOSTON, Massachusetts (AP) -- A federal judge Thursday ordered the government to pay more than $101 million in the case of four men who spent decades in prison for a 1965 murder they didn't commit after the FBI withheld evidence of their innocence.

The FBI encouraged perjury, helped frame the four men and withheld for more than three decades information that could have cleared them, U.S. District Judge Nancy Gertner said in issuing her ruling Thursday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Oopsie.

Question : will the FBI agents / "those in the know" involved get jail time ?

My guess : Most likely not.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 02:29 AM
link   
This sort of thing is similar to cases like declassified information getting out and proving that the CIA used chemicals on people for experiments...but ofcourse, time has past, and time heals all right? Its disgusting, just unbelievable

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Ugh. and this was in the 60's...just think what they're doing now. Just wish there was a way to go through the government and do some "pruning" so to speak (I think that's what they call it when you cut off dead branches from a tree O_o) point is we just need to cut out all the corruption. But that's easier said then done i suppose.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Existing discussion here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please contribute to the existing discussion.

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join