It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nothing Strange is Going On in Area 51

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 12:15 AM
link   
My grandpa is an engineer and builds prototype radar and electronic equipment for the US military. He used to travel around the world for contracts but he has stayed home for the past 10 years. But recently he was asked to go to Area 51 (no kidding) to install some prototype electronic equipment in prototype aircraft there. He was going to take me but couldnt get it authorized because the authorities thought I could be a North Korean spy or something LOL. When he came back he told me about the place and says nothings out of the ordinary there and that the airbase is just used to test out revolutionary new designs. But he still couldnt tell me about the aircraft he was working on.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 01:05 AM
link   
This is just my opinion but I don't think that you will get many replies on this thread because there are too many people here that do not want to believe that what goes on at Area 51 is just mundane research in different types of aircraft. It is just not as interesting as all of the alien stuff that so many people "swear" goes on there.

Unless, that is, you are a disinfo agent sent to this site to cause us to turn our attention elsewhere!

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Due to the mass popularity of AREA51 - you bet nothing 'too odd' goes on there, theres to many people monitoring the area. But, its also a very resourceful site with its very long runways making it an ideal place to try out/test fly new prototype aircraft and thats all really, i'd say the real secret stuff happens underground away from eyes and videocameras - your grandpa wouldnt of been allowed anywhere near anything they didnt want him to see nor would they let anything seem out of the ordinary...

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 01:20 AM
link   
The theory goes that top secret facilities maintain their level of confidentiality by compartmentalizing. Supposedly, they divy out different different aspects of specific "projects" to many different people, all whom don't really know what the other is doing. By doing that, they keep the amount of information that any single person knows to an absolute minimum. If each individual only has a piece of the puzzle, they really have little or nothing. Only the upper echelon elite few know the end result of the projects, and thus the top secret goings-on are kept under the guise of seemingly "normal" top secret projects.

Of course, this is just a way of keeping the conspiracy alive, but it's quite plausible.

[edit on 27/7/07 by an3rkist]

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Did you expect somthing like this.......

"And to you right Mr. Fillintheblank, is where we keep all the cryogenically frozen exterrestrial biological entities from the 50's." winding down to the next corridor...."And to your left you will see some of our prototype particle beam weapons from the age of Tesla," "what a silly man he was" the men chuckle to themselves. "would you like to fly in a real live spaceship" "Yes Mr. Secretmaninblack I sure would, that would be swell"

Ok, sorry for my sarcastic nature. But really, do you believe they would have shown your grandpa anthing "out of the ordinary" without a super top secret, we-will-kill-you-if-you-talk, clearance. I think not.

jra

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by an3rkist
The theory goes that top secret facilities maintain their level of confidentiality by compartmentalizing.

When it comes to things like aircraft. I think it would be next to impossible to build and test them by compartmentalizing everything. You have various groups of people like, avionics, mechanics, structures, engineers etc all working on different parts of an aircraft, but doing so at the same time. It's a group effort and there needs to be communication between all of them. Especially when problems arise. You have to make sure it all works and fits together in the end.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 02:42 AM
link   
The funny thing is...most of the "conspiracy theories" regarding Area 51 are pretty adamant that there are a number of workers who come and go in Area 51 without knowing much of what goes there, but its not their job to know - they just do what they have to. So the stories go....

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Yeah I agree with schooler1 the UFO freaks that are obsessed with Area 51 dont want to accept the fact that there are other plausible uses for area 51 besides a UfO spaceport or lab or whatever the heck you guys think it is. And if you're saying that everything is underground, then why do people camp outside of area 51 to see UFO's?

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I do know one thing, my grandpa worked on and saw aircraft that weren't supposed to be seen and he couldnt tell me about them. But he definitely doesn't believe in ufo's!!!!!!!! LOL hes not that kind of guy

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Replying to Imadamnalien: they did give him top secret clearance, thats why I couldnt go. He's been building prototype equipment for the military for 40 years so they trusted him. Thats why he thinks all the area 51 conspiracies are baseless, because he worked on the saucer shaped experimental aircraft in the 60's and 70's.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I feel it's plausable that there are strange things going on beneath area 51 in an underground section of the base. While the above ground area 51 base is a normal air force testing base.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by skillzdatchillz
My grandpa is an engineer and builds prototype radar and electronic equipment for the US military.

As far as I know, wouldn't any test aircraft be worked on by technicians and engineers from the firm building it? What company does / did your Grandpa work for?

It's not like the field he is in is a single person shop kinda venture. Why would they have to bring in a 10 year retired person to work on a craft? A decade of cutting edge technology change would have made him antiquated to say the least.

And they are going to let him (How old is he? I figure at least 70 from your 60's comment?) install prototype equipment on a testbed new technology vehicle? I am going to have to call out the BS meter on this one without some more evidence. Sorry, it just doesn't add up to me.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   
There is probably a core that knows "everything", but I guess it is a small percentage of all those on the project. I used to work for EG&G. We designed components for the military based on a spec slapped onto the boiler plate. Signals in, signals out, who know what they do in the complete system.

I had another occasion to deal with a three letter organization, very indirectly. Through a rather round about way, I ended up helping a grad student that was working on a CIA research project regarding batteries for satellite use. All I did was help in the testing scheme, all she did was work on chemistry. Who knows where the project went.

Ben Rich's "Skunkworks" has some insight in how things work on classified projects.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   
In the 60's and 70's he worked for various engineering firms then started Ruggedtronics Inc. in 1989, which designs and builds electrical equipment for severe environments, which makes it ideal to put on aircraft. He isnt retired he just scaled back his business, my whole family is trying to get him to retire but he likes being an engineer. It is a small operation but it is renowned in the engineering communtiy for the reliable equipment it builds. He has clients such as Northrop Grumman, Boeing, and others.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   
He is 70 years old, but he is the most technologically advanced old person I have ever seen!!!!!!! LOL He knows more about computers than a 20 year old computer geek with no life. He is on the cutting edge in his field, but he is thinking of retiring because he isnt making as much profits as before the War in Iraq, because the military is scaling back funding on the experimental stuff.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 03:26 PM
link   

But he definitely doesn't believe in ufo's!!!!!!!! LOL hes not that kind of guy

And, what kind of guy is that,pray, please do tell..

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Hes a no- nonsense sort of guy and like straight facts, not theories. That was no insult to UFO theorists if you knew him you would know what I'm talking about LOL

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Hes a no- nonsense sort of guy and like straight facts, not theories. That was no insult to UFO theorists if you knew him you would know what I'm talking about LOL

Perhaps this lends credibility to his claim. Afterall, I'm sure if the government were to hire people to work on UFOs, they would prefer to hire people who wouldn't believe in it whether they were working on them or not...

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I am kind of confused on the story. Most people know that Area 51 contracts out a lot of work and that people are flown in to do it. Did you grandpa have access to all the top secret aircraft? I doubt it. Does that mean those planes were not there or do not exist?

Also, I am not really sure that I believe your story. What is your grandpas name. Lets check it out. The military has their own sources for radar and electronic equipment. Why would they need to bring in your grandpa who hasn't done work out of the house for 10 years.

Give us some more information to validate your story.

EDIT: This your grandpa's website?
www.ruggedtronics.com...

Registrant:
Ruggedtronics
24711 Redlands Blvd. Suite G
Loma Linda, CA 92354
US

Domain Name: RUGGEDTRONICS.COM

Administrative Contact :
Valdez, Dolores
[email protected]
24711 REDLANDS BLVD STE G
LOMA LINDA, CA 92354-4010
US
Phone: (909) 796-5374
Fax: 999 999 9999

To contact us:

Phone: (909) 796-5374
Fax: (909) 796-7704
Email: [email protected]

[edit on 27-7-2007 by zerotime]

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by zerotime
What is your grandpas name. Lets check it out.

What exactly do you think you're going to do with a name? Check it against military databases? A name is the LAST thing that will help you to validate this claim, aside from the fact that you would assume that a person tendering the name of an alleged participant in this "conspiracy" would be more credible.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join