It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women... RAAARGH!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by earth2

Ah, yeah, I guess I can understand your situation.

I really wish you good luck with finding a mate that you are compatible with.

Just remember to steer clear of the psychos.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by thehumbleone

Hey thanks dude, I do appreciate the good advice and words of encouragement.

I think ive finally learn my lesson, I think.
Sometimes they will sneak up on you.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Often the sleezey mean guys are the ones who show most interest in us. Seems as they have the most guts to ask us out.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Ok first of all you have to be the man and take the lead, women are by no means difficult to figure out at all. you have to be confident for starters, secondly and i have a feeling this is more than likely where you screw up is you cannot i repeat cannot be to intrested in them right away, this is seen as being weak my friend. Do not put your life on hold and in the begining you have to make sure she is very aware you have a life that goes on without her in it. Forget everything your mom told you how to be she lied to you.

As far as waiting until the ones who married the real jerks get divorced because they realize how bad a decision they made, well that is ok i guess if you want to end up dating someone with a handful of kids and more issues than a magazine stand.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 10:32 AM
link   
OK, this thread is WORTHLESS without pictures.

It's 'visual', body language, then smell.

You just have to barely pass the first one. If your body language is not confident (even a geek can be confident in his own way around his geek kingdom), then you don't get to the 'smell' test.

Also you might pass the first one and so-so on the second one and then smell all wrong and you're out.

PS: A first for me today. A guy tried to pick me up on the bike. No, you don't understand. I was riding the bike. He was a pedestrian. If anything says clueless L-user, it's that. Sheesh.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Sorry I haven't replied in a while but I've been busy (performing in a play if you must know).
Anyway for the pictures there's a few of me in the member photo thread but here's the latest one I posted in there..

Like I say, nothing marvellous but I'm not sickeningly disgusting (am I?)

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Dude, I'm not a chick but holy crap! Look at you all hunched over and covering your face. Talk about no confidence! No wonder you can't get a girl!
I don't mean to be hard on you but like some have already said, you need to grow a spine.

I'm a pretty "nice guy" and still haven't found the right one but I'm not afraid of women nor do I mope around wondering when I will find love. I've been screwed over by women in the past but that's life as most people are just shallow and selfish.

If you are comfortable in your own skin and can live with yourself then your confidence will build. Stop looking for reassurance from your "female friends" because if you notice they give you plenty of pats on the back but if they thought you were so great they would be after you.

Quiet confidence and integrity will go a long way. Also a job can't hurt and maybe transportation with an actual motor in it. Believe me, I have plenty of things I'm not happy about but so do those women.

Lastly, be yourself and not something you see on that Pickup Artist show on VH-1. Has anybody seen this assclown show? I wish I had that 40 minutes back. Although I did laugh allot. I think mostly at the "Experts" and their metrosexual attire.

I realize this is all easy for me to say but believe me I've been down that road before and it took me a few years to grow up. I think I may have been even worse at one time.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   
the nice thing is just the beggining is hard so no worries once u get the hang on it its going to be enjoyable

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   
man woman aint that diferent then us guiz.
i also complain girls date jerks,keep good guiz as friends,and then continue to date other jerks,then cry and date more jerks.
but seen as i my body shivers with love for some ignorant girl who treats me liek crap i guess its just people are stupid^^
when we grow up we gonna be a little more reasonable.
but for now dotn listen to ur heart too much^^

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by jbondo
Dude, I'm not a chick but holy crap! Look at you all hunched over and covering your face. Talk about no confidence! No wonder you can't get a girl!
I don't mean to be hard on you but like some have already said, you need to grow a spine.

To be honest the reason I'm hunched over is because I was so drunk I couldn't actually stand. And I fell over after it was taken. I was absolutely wasted.

But I get what you mean. Confidence is a big issue. I personally feel confident in my personality, but I have real problems with my appearance. One of my friends told me how beautiful I actually was and I stopped speaking to her for a few days cause (as far as I was concerned) she was just lying.
I never believe anyone who tells me I'm gorgeous, or fit, or hot or whatever... probably why I have such an aversion to women.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by JackofBlades

I personally feel confident in my personality, but I have real problems with my appearance. One of my friends told me how beautiful I actually was and I stopped speaking to her for a few days cause (as far as I was concerned) she was just lying.
I never believe anyone who tells me I'm gorgeous, or fit, or hot or whatever... probably why I have such an aversion to women.

Well there's your problem buddy!

Trust me, you're not an ugly dude. I've seen ugly guys dating hot chicks, but do you know what those guys have? Confidence. Oh yeah, and a fat bank account will help too. But most importantly have confidence in yourself.

I can certainly empathize with everything you said though.

P.S. what's with the popped collar?

[edit on 11-9-2007 by thehumbleone]

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Hey guys,

I need some clarification here.

What exactly is a "metrosexual"??

I keep seeing this word or term show up on these threads. I am not exactly sure what it is defining.

It is probably not something I am wont to worry and concern myself about but occasionally I hear the guys at work using the term but here in relationship boards it seems to be a staple.

So for the sake of clarity in what is beng conversed...can some of you please define this for me???

Ahhhhh..forget it...It just occured to look it up on wiki...

Not worth my time as this is not a concern of mine. It is as I suspected ...a method of making men "sensitive" to others expectations and belief systems. To keep them on the treadmill...someone elses treadmill.

Being sensitive is ok..sensitive to the right things. Just dont be stupid about the subtiltys of sensitivity. It is often a term for a hijacking of your values with someone elses while they go through your pockets or pocketbook. To do or accomplish this you must be marketed to the latest trends or fashion...to keep up..not be out but in. This is also called marketing....salesmanship..another word is seduction. No thanks. I will make up my own mind. This is not for me.

Thanks,
Orangetom

[edit on 13-9-2007 by orangetom1999]

[edit on 13-9-2007 by orangetom1999]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join